500 Club

Re: Episode #6 - Whitetail Tactics with Josh Beaman "Bucky"

Unread postby mag1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:24 am

Thanks. Will give it a try in a bit

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:11 am

Johndeer - I really like early season in WI. I use a combo of cams and spotting scope to plan those first hunts of the year. One of the best times to use recent cam data... food sources typically are consistent mid Sept... meaning bucks are patternable

I run them yearly on the same properties... always trying to gather more data. See who made it to the next year... etc

Mark Drury talks a bunch about MRI with cams = Most Recent Information... that is how he can kill giant buck after giant buck in different states. He does very similar things with his cameras

Hope that answered your ?s

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:48 am

It does answer them thanks. I lke Drurys logic too, I find MRI to be the absolute best intel possible. IF you miss your window, you store that info for next year and try to make something happen.

I need to get better at early season location/scouting... Its lacking for sure compared to rut or late season for me.
Thanks
rbuckleyjr1
500 Club

Unread postby rbuckleyjr1 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:54 am

Really enjoyed this podcast. I'm the same age with a little one at home and it is definitely difficult to put in the hours it takes to take mature bucks consistently. Thanks for the break down and history of you manage to do it! :clap:
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:14 am

Great Job Guys. Another great discussion. Bucky thanks for taking the time . It's really nice listening to everyone's outlook and evolution and drawing allot of parallels.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 am

Just finished listening Bucky, thanks for doing this. Very interesting.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Mon Feb 15, 2016 2:21 am

listened to this yesterday, great job bucky. excellent listen.
olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 am

A lot of hard work and preparation in your hunting, good stuff! Another nice job on the podcast. You have a group of guys that you share this info with, man gotta be some trust amongst the group or it just isn't gonna fly, almost like playing russian roulette :lol:
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:47 am

olivertractor wrote:A lot of hard work and preparation in your hunting, good stuff! Another nice job on the podcast. You have a group of guys that you share this info with, man gotta be some trust amongst the group or it just isn't gonna fly, almost like playing russian roulette :lol:

From experience I can tell you Bucky is very open and offering. Well unless it's a mega buck (i.e. Booner). ;) He has offered insight to Czabs and myself on numerous areas worth hunting. We of course rarely take him up on the advice. Mainly because we like the challenge of doing it on our own as much as himself.

olivertractor
Facebook: what's facebook

Unread postby olivertractor » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:
olivertractor wrote:A lot of hard work and preparation in your hunting, good stuff! Another nice job on the podcast. You have a group of guys that you share this info with, man gotta be some trust amongst the group or it just isn't gonna fly, almost like playing russian roulette :lol:

From experience I can tell you Bucky is very open and offering. Well unless it's a mega buck (i.e. Booner). ;) He has offered insight to Czabs and myself on numerous areas worth hunting. We of course rarely take him up on the advice. Mainly because we like the challenge of doing it on our own as much as himself.

That's pretty solid!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Sad state of affairs when I'm voting for who's gonna hurt us less, than who's gonna help us more"
woody-san

Unread postby woody-san » Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:07 am

Great podcast, guys! I'm getting a lot out of these, good to hear how guys in different locations and terrain get it done.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”