Episode #10 - MI Swamps with Jason Campbell Whitetailassasin

• Advertisement

HB Store

hunter_mike

Re: Episode #10 - MI Swamps with Jason Campbell Whitetailass

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:04 pm

Finished listening tonight. This podcast was pure gold. WA you have definitely contributed your share of passing on the knowledge to others. Thanks mario and jason for recording this episode.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Mibowfreak
500 Club

Unread postby Mibowfreak » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:08 pm

Listened to it today. Great podcast you guys. As a fellow Michigan guy, and a workshop attendee, I could really appreciate all the hard work that you have put in. I could here it in the podcast. Also, what a great relationship you have with your father. Those stories are something you guys will never forget. Cant wait to hear the stories from this years adventures.

One of the things that really caught my attention. Was the fact of learning the one area so well from being able to harvest some of the deer in that bedding area. I have never really thought about that a whole lot. I really think there is a lot to be learned from it. I can remember you talking about that some at the workshop.

Once again, great job guys. Really enjoyed it.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
kurt

Unread postby kurt » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:24 pm

Wow such a great podcast. I didn't want to stop listening but it got too late last night finished it today.

I lost my dad when he was 51 and I know there are others on here that have lost there dad's too early as well. But what you are doing this year really makes me smile. How you talked about. I'm like this guy gets it. Cherish every hunt you can get with your Dad you never know which one will be the last. It's the memories not the inches of antler that you will cherish forever.
whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:29 pm

purebowhunting wrote:I do have a few questions weighing on my mind for you Jason if you have the time. Much of your podcast revolved around the primary bedding area in the marsh you described in size as being approx 40 acres in size. Have you ever found other bedding areas as good as this? If not what do you feel sets it apart? Is it due to remoteness and lack of human penetration or is the terrain what sets it apart?

The marsh itself is huge, over a mile square, but the primary bedding area I target for this particular piece I talk about has sections that have several bedding locations throughout. Once you get in deeper, human pressure gets lower pressure but it's because of how hard it is to get there and how hard it is to access.

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:33 pm

For all those who've lost there fathers or close ones, I'm truly sorry, my heart goes out to you. I'm truly grateful you all shared your relations to my relationship with my father. We truly are like a family here and I respect and cherish everyone of you. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Lastcast#1

Unread postby Lastcast#1 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:54 pm

Another great podcast..Great job Jason. Awesome to have a fellow Michigander participating and sharing to the degree you do..Thankyou to all of those involved in putting it together..

One other thing I would like to mention..This goes out to all of experienced guys like yourself on this site..Dont underestimate the impact you have on new hunters like myself out there..The list is endless...If I had to pick one thing that is underlying every post made by practically everyone on here, especially the guys on the podcasts,it is this: THE BELIEF THAT IT CAN BE DONE! That my friend is a gift..I am very grateful that I found the Beast at the very beginning of my journey.The wealth of knowledge is indescribable..Good luck to you and yours as your journey continues to unfold..

Regards

Chad

Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:28 pm

I did not listen yet, but ironically I spoke with Jason just yesterday. I stopped by his work just before lunch hour and we spent more than an hour talking hunting. He did mention how he spent time figuring out spots, multiple seasons. I think this is an important point and deserves to be hammered home.

If someone scouts or hunts a piece and doesn't see something they are looking for and moves on before they have figured it out, they could have moved on before they should have. Lots of factors surrounding properties and annual changes for one can affect a spot. Spreading yourself too thin is another thing to watch for, and obviously isnt good. That was another of Jason's points to me.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:14 am

Almost through it all. Thanks for doing it. I think it cements home a lot of what is shared on the forum.

I especially liked the comment in regards to hunting properties gone bad that you are "waiting, not hunting". I have experienced that a time or two.
cameron

Unread postby cameron » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:48 am

Another great podcast!

Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:33 am

I haven't had much time to listen to podcasts as I keep getting promoted at work... trust me this is in great detriment to having time to deer hunt. As Dan would say, "work is overrated!"

I did have a couple of hours last evening to myself so I tuned into Jason's podcast. I found his enthusiasm and honesty refreshing and worth listening to- trust me, if I didn't like the first 20 minutes it would have been "tune-out time!" But he and Mario did a fantastic job. Jason is one of our hunters that we have watched grow right in front of our eyes- make no mistake, he hunts in a very difficult environment and his success speaks loudly. Following in the footsteps of the Beast, he has shared his hunting knowledge with many.

The last thing I will point out, as others have mentioned, it is obvious that Jason has his priorities right. My father has also been instrumental in my hunting and i can totally relate to Jason wanting to give back. The fact that this is important to him speaks of his maturity as a hunter.

Great job. 8-)
Jlaneb
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SENDITTV/

Unread postby Jlaneb » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:01 pm

Just finished listening to it. This was the first time I've checked out the beast podcast. So much incredible information. Thanks for taking the time to do it. This kind of thing is invaluable to us new guys.

tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:08 pm

I truly enjoyed this podcast. It made me realize one thing that has been in the back of my mind this year. With all the multiple locations I have and all the scouting I've done, it will take me several years to learn all of these locations. I also have a few of what I think will be good rut locations that I think I'll give to my father. He's a weekend somewhat warrior but I've never shared a tree or a sit with him, it would mean so much more to me to see him harvest a good one and be with him at the time than if I was to hunt it alone.

Good luck to you, your father and daughter this year!!

Last edited by tbunao on Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:52 pm

After 4 tries I finally finished. I love hearing your maturation as a hunter and a person. You went through so many life stages that we can all relate to. Being young and selfish, growing into yourself, and now wanting to give back. The memories you share with your pops are irreplaceable. Nice job.

whitetailassasin

Unread postby whitetailassasin » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Singing Bridge wrote:I haven't had much time to listen to podcasts as I keep getting promoted at work... trust me this is in great detriment to having time to deer hunt. As Dan would say, "work is overrated!"

I did have a couple of hours last evening to myself so I tuned into Jason's podcast. I found his enthusiasm and honesty refreshing and worth listening to- trust me, if I didn't like the first 20 minutes it would have been "tune-out time!" But he and Mario did a fantastic job. Jason is one of our hunters that we have watched grow right in front of our eyes- make no mistake, he hunts in a very difficult environment and his success speaks loudly. Following in the footsteps of the Beast, he has shared his hunting knowledge with many.

The last thing I will point out, as others have mentioned, it is obvious that Jason has his priorities right. My father has also been instrumental in my hunting and i can totally relate to Jason wanting to give back. The fact that this is important to him speaks of his maturity as a hunter.

Great job. 8-)

Coming from any guy on here, these words would have astonished me. Coming from you Bridge, a original, a Michigander, and a man whose wisdom shines through and through here, I'm floored and deeply moved by this. Thank you. You don't know how much it means to me to have this kind of support and amazing words of recognition.

Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:51 pm

Finished listening yesterday. Great job guys! The stories were awesome! I'll be pulling for you and your Dad this year for sure. The part where you talked about your Dad carrying you in his waders when you were little hit home. My Dad was very instrumental to my journey in deer hunting and now I've got an eight year old daughter and five year old boy that I'm introducing to hunting and fishing so like I said it just really hits home with me.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”