Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

  • Advertisement

HB Store


User avatar
Nocturnal
500 Club
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:40 am
Location: Southeast, WI
Status: Online

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby Nocturnal » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 am

Nice job You guys!


User avatar
hunter_mike
Moderator
Posts: 6137
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 pm
Location: south central WI
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby hunter_mike » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 am

:clap: :clap:
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
User avatar
stash59
Moderator
Posts: 6454
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 am
Location: S Central Wi.
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby stash59 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:21 am

8-) :lol: :clap: :handgestures-thumbupright: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :text-bravo:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
User avatar
Jackson Marsh
Moderator
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:01 am

8-)

Well done BigHunt and Mario!
User avatar
wickedbruiser
500 Club
Posts: 1216
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:58 am
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby wickedbruiser » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:27 am

:clap: :clap:
User avatar
Jackson Marsh
Moderator
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:56 am

BigHunt,

If it doesn't give out too much information, would you be willing to post a topo of the "any wind but east bedding point?" I've got some hill hunting/scouting in the near future.
User avatar
BigHunt
Posts: 11878
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby BigHunt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:03 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:BigHunt,

If it doesn't give out too much information, would you be willing to post a topo of the "any wind but east bedding point?" I've got some hill hunting/scouting in the near future.

When I get home I'll draw up a map
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
H2archer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby H2archer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:07 am

Just listened to this one on my drive to Indiana. Very informative and entertaining podcast!
User avatar
BigHunt
Posts: 11878
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby BigHunt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:13 pm

ok Jackson ...so this is the point I refer to in the podcast. you can see how the point jets out sharp to the east. the red dot is west based winds. the blue dot North, Northwest winds. yellow dot is for south, south west winds. those red lines are the rub lines coming out of the bedding. when ever I see those rub lines opened up then I know a good buck is in the area. a deer shouldn't be bedded there on a east wind they could but highly unlikely.
Image

this pic shows the side view of the ridge. the green line is the ridge drop, the bedding is off the tip of the point.
Image
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
H2archer
Posts: 67
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby H2archer » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:24 pm

BigHunt wrote:ok Jackson ...so this is the point I refer to in the podcast. you can see how the point jets out sharp to the east. the red dot is west based winds. the blue dot North, Northwest winds. yellow dot is for south, south west winds. those red lines are the rub lines coming out of the bedding. when ever I see those rub lines opened up then I know a good buck is in the area. a deer shouldn't be bedded there on a east wind they could but highly unlikely.
Image

this pic shows the side view of the ridge. the green line is the ridge drop, the bedding is off the tip of the point.
Image


Good stuff! This really helps it "click" when thinking about how deer use these points in hill country.

What maps are you using here?
User avatar
Jackson Marsh
Moderator
Posts: 11320
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 am
Location: SE WI
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby Jackson Marsh » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:45 pm

I can see why it's a great spot! Thanks for posting.
User avatar
BigHunt
Posts: 11878
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:50 am
Location: Wisconsin
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby BigHunt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:46 pm

H2archer wrote:
BigHunt wrote:ok Jackson ...so this is the point I refer to in the podcast. you can see how the point jets out sharp to the east. the red dot is west based winds. the blue dot North, Northwest winds. yellow dot is for south, south west winds. those red lines are the rub lines coming out of the bedding. when ever I see those rub lines opened up then I know a good buck is in the area. a deer shouldn't be bedded there on a east wind they could but highly unlikely.
Image

this pic shows the side view of the ridge. the green line is the ridge drop, the bedding is off the tip of the point.
Image


Good stuff! This really helps it "click" when thinking about how deer use these points in hill country.

What maps are you using here?

this map is off goggle earth ....there is only a small section in Wisconsin. fortunately my land is in that small area
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
User avatar
mt008
ProStaff
Posts: 1158
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm
Location: WI
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby mt008 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:23 pm

BigHunt wrote:ok Jackson ...so this is the point I refer to in the podcast. you can see how the point jets out sharp to the east. the red dot is west based winds. the blue dot North, Northwest winds. yellow dot is for south, south west winds. those red lines are the rub lines coming out of the bedding. when ever I see those rub lines opened up then I know a good buck is in the area. a deer shouldn't be bedded there on a east wind they could but highly unlikely.
Image

this pic shows the side view of the ridge. the green line is the ridge drop, the bedding is off the tip of the point.
Image



Nice Tyler, now I understand the vantage point that buck has off that point. Good stuff!
User avatar
kurt
Posts: 2185
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:10 pm
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby kurt » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Great job Tyler
User avatar
Wetfoot
Posts: 365
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:26 am
Location: Upper Michigan
Status: Offline

Re: Episode #11 - Deer and Turkey Hunting Beast Style with Tyler Whitt

Postby Wetfoot » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:09 am

This is really good stuff guys. Great interview. Keep em coming Mario. :clap: :dance: :dance: :clap:

Return to “Podcast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest