Podcast with jason cambell

  • Advertisement

HB Store


User avatar
Lopedog699
500 Club
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/thebuckpsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Podcast with jason cambell

Postby Lopedog699 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:03 am

Just wanted to send a shout out to jason cambell
Im not sure of his name on here sorry guys but I'm a little behind or i bounce all over listening to the beast podcasts I actually listen to them when im in stand one ear bud style. Im not done listening to all of them and im sure there are just as good ones out there as this one but
He just seems like a class act the stories he shared and the love for his father is awesome. My dad has been gone since 2007. And when he talked bout his dad and how he and him were so tight and did everthing together it made me choke up. Remembering how much i miss my dad and remembering how we used to duck hunt together every chance we got
My dad died from hunningtons disease in 2007 and he got this disease when he was in his late life 55 give or take so when i got into deer hunting he was to weak and well it was just impossible for him. But he would call me every night cause he knew where i was. He’d say hey bob what ya see tonight? Id tell him well pop i seen this or that
He would then tell me. boy i never killed a legal deer in new jersey. Lol. There was a huge age gap between me and my dad he was born in 1929.he liked the ladies alot 4 marriges 8 kids me being the baby lol I was born in 1974 so when he was into deer hunting there really wasnt much rules that were enforced where we lived. Id tell him dad if you did that now a days they would lock uour butt up and toss the key. But anyway. Kudos jason great job. And great interview mario. It was a great podcast thank you for a great job on both ends. Mario u do a great job brother keep it up


User avatar
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Posts: 6190
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:11 pm
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473
Location: MidMichigan
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby Singing Bridge » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:33 pm

Great review and it was a very good podcast. Jason will appreciate your input when he see's it, no doubt.

Your comments reminded me of my grandfather. In his 80"s and no longer able to bust deep swamp, he lived a relatively short distance away and drove to our cabin to check on our progress every day of the gun deer season. It's not too difficult to figure out where the love of the sport came from.

Bridge
www.stealthoutdoors.com
WISCOANDY
Posts: 89
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:40 am
Location: Central WI
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby WISCOANDY » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 am

He's Whitetailassasin, and I absolutely agree. I've listened and shared his beast podcast with a few people now.
User avatar
whitetailassasin
Posts: 3441
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby whitetailassasin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:16 am

Lopedog699 wrote:Just wanted to send a shout out to jason cambell
Im not sure of his name on here sorry guys but I'm a little behind or i bounce all over listening to the beast podcasts I actually listen to them when im in stand one ear bud style. Im not done listening to all of them and im sure there are just as good ones out there as this one but
He just seems like a class act the stories he shared and the love for his father is awesome. My dad has been gone since 2007. And when he talked bout his dad and how he and him were so tight and did everthing together it made me choke up. Remembering how much i miss my dad and remembering how we used to duck hunt together every chance we got
My dad died from hunningtons disease in 2007 and he got this disease when he was in his late life 55 give or take so when i got into deer hunting he was to weak and well it was just impossible for him. But he would call me every night cause he knew where i was. He’d say hey bob what ya see tonight? Id tell him well pop i seen this or that
He would then tell me. boy i never killed a legal deer in new jersey. Lol. There was a huge age gap between me and my dad he was born in 1929.he liked the ladies alot 4 marriges 8 kids me being the baby lol I was born in 1974 so when he was into deer hunting there really wasnt much rules that were enforced where we lived. Id tell him dad if you did that now a days they would lock uour butt up and toss the key. But anyway. Kudos jason great job. And great interview mario. It was a great podcast thank you for a great job on both ends. Mario u do a great job brother keep it up


First of all, I just want to say I'm really sorry to hear about the passing of your father. No amount of time that goes by will ever make that easier. I'm glad the podcast shed a positive light into your remembrance of him.

Secondly I just want to say wow, I'm blown away. I can't say that enough but literally blown away. When I did the podcast I really contemplated on whether or not I should just do tactics alone, or if I should just be myself and shoot from the hip. I wanted to really touch bases with people and talk about the love, the passion, and the influences that made me. Im no one special, a podcast or monster bucks being shot every year won't ever change that, and I'm proud of that fact. I've hunter public land my whole life, state owned public land, to be exact. I wanted to really hit that phrase, "we do it just like you do it" (DOD), and actually have that mean something. To have such an amazing review like that from you Bob, and others, it just blows me away. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
User avatar
Lopedog699
500 Club
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/thebuckpsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby Lopedog699 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 am

No thank you it was awesome
Loved the way you did the podcast it was perfect its how and the way people want to hear it and learn from ( no sugar coating)
Alot of people these days are out to impress everyone and try to be something they are not
your interview was laid back got to the point and made us all just feel what you felt.( ay least i did ) And you know what. It was you it came from the heart and it showed
You my friend are a class act in my book. and you did an excellent job
I felt the enjoyment of your dads presence and his involvement with your achievements
Thats what its about. Yea we all wanna kill big bucks
But its really not all about that. Its the journey the trials and errors , failures ,and almost successes we endure to get there
God bless my beast brother and keep the good stuff coming
User avatar
whitetailassasin
Posts: 3441
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:34 pm
Location: Michigan
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby whitetailassasin » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:18 am

Lopedog699 wrote:No thank you it was awesome
Loved the way you did the podcast it was perfect its how and the way people want to hear it and learn from ( no sugar coating)
Alot of people these days are out to impress everyone and try to be something they are not
your interview was laid back got to the point and made us all just feel what you felt.( ay least i did ) And you know what. It was you it came from the heart and it showed
You my friend are a class act in my book. and you did an excellent job
I felt the enjoyment of your dads presence and his involvement with your achievements
Thats what its about. Yea we all wanna kill big bucks
But its really not all about that. Its the journey the trials and errors , failures ,and almost successes we endure to get there
God bless my beast brother and keep the good stuff coming


Thank you again. My family being with me and apart of what I've been working on is very important. This year, my brother scored his two best bucks, my daughter scored her best buck(young career so far), I took out my number one target buck, a very heavily hunted buck that many were after, he isn't the biggest scoring; 125-130" but I had history with him as did my brother from the year before. My dad killed his first buck in 5 or 6 seasons, and actually tagged another later in the season. My buddy killed his first shooter, and his first buck this season. I really focused this year on doing my best to help as much as I could, share some knowledge, and have fun. Wisconsin this year my brother shot and missed 2 giants, I never drew my bow back. Still had the time of my life. I'm a lone wolf so to speak on how I prefer to hunt, and I see big buck hunting, when there aren't many around, as a solo kind of thing. But I've been focusing less on my own kills, but instead that of others, and I've found I'm more excited for them than I would be with my own. It's really rejuvenated me. My son will be on his first season in 2018, and we already have been scouting and preparing. I've been working on videos, and I'm getting to where I'm happy with the quality and the content of what I'm trying to get across to the viewers. Im so competitive as a person by nature that I got caught up in killing the biggest and best buck, and I lost track of some of the finer things that really make up hunting to me. Don't get me wrong I still want to kill the best and biggest buck, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. I'm a very blunt and straightforward person and some people aren't comfortable with that approach. I like to joke and have fun, and some people don't find me funny or like my personality, but it's who I am. 100% and unfiltered. I'm glad not everyone is offended by my nature and can see the love and passion I have for hunting and helping those around me. Thank you again.
User avatar
Lopedog699
500 Club
Posts: 894
Joined: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:49 am
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/thebuckpsych/
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: Podcast with jason cambell

Postby Lopedog699 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 am

whitetailassasin wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:No thank you it was awesome
Loved the way you did the podcast it was perfect its how and the way people want to hear it and learn from ( no sugar coating)
Alot of people these days are out to impress everyone and try to be something they are not
your interview was laid back got to the point and made us all just feel what you felt.( ay least i did ) And you know what. It was you it came from the heart and it showed
You my friend are a class act in my book. and you did an excellent job
I felt the enjoyment of your dads presence and his involvement with your achievements
Thats what its about. Yea we all wanna kill big bucks
But its really not all about that. Its the journey the trials and errors , failures ,and almost successes we endure to get there
God bless my beast brother and keep the good stuff coming


Thank you again. My family being with me and apart of what I've been working on is very important. This year, my brother scored his two best bucks, my daughter scored her best buck(young career so far), I took out my number one target buck, a very heavily hunted buck that many were after, he isn't the biggest scoring; 125-130" but I had history with him as did my brother from the year before. My dad killed his first buck in 5 or 6 seasons, and actually tagged another later in the season. My buddy killed his first shooter, and his first buck this season. I really focused this year on doing my best to help as much as I could, share some knowledge, and have fun. Wisconsin this year my brother shot and missed 2 giants, I never drew my bow back. Still had the time of my life. I'm a lone wolf so to speak on how I prefer to hunt, and I see big buck hunting, when there aren't many around, as a solo kind of thing. But I've been focusing less on my own kills, but instead that of others, and I've found I'm more excited for them than I would be with my own. It's really rejuvenated me. My son will be on his first season in 2018, and we already have been scouting and preparing. I've been working on videos, and I'm getting to where I'm happy with the quality and the content of what I'm trying to get across to the viewers. Im so competitive as a person by nature that I got caught up in killing the biggest and best buck, and I lost track of some of the finer things that really make up hunting to me. Don't get me wrong I still want to kill the best and biggest buck, but it's not the end of the world if I don't. I'm a very blunt and straightforward person and some people aren't comfortable with that approach. I like to joke and have fun, and some people don't find me funny or like my personality, but it's who I am. 100% and unfiltered. I'm glad not everyone is offended by my nature and can see the love and passion I have for hunting and helping those around me. Thank you again.



Me and you have pretty much the same passion an personality lol. Maybe we long lost brothers
Are you on you tube? If so where i want to subscribe
And also subscribe to my the link is below. I just started and im just learning so its about how i deal with myself
While i try to thro tips out there
Well check it out it will explain me and what im up to
I have alot of content i gotta work on and its coming soon. Anyway thanks god bless ya and good luck
My brotha if your ever down in delaware hit me up i know few spots we can try

Return to “Podcast”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest