Mario
ProStaff

Episode #24 - The Hunting Beast 2017 Season In Review

Unread postby Mario » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 am

stash59

Re: Episode #24 - The Hunting Beast 2017 Season In Review

Unread postby stash59 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:13 am

Hit another one out of the park. :clap:

Got me thinking. How would you have to adapt/approach setting up your kill spots if you absolutely were unable to climb up any and all trees. All hunts totally from the ground.

From what I'm learning thru the Beast. What I've experienced. Having pre set up kill spots would probably be the key. But the need to wait for summer growth to be close to done. In most cases. Would mean having to make these set ups in July early August. How often might you actually burn the bridge for the entire year while doing that?
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:48 am

stash59 wrote:Hit another one out of the park. :clap:

Got me thinking. How would you have to adapt/approach setting up your kill spots if you absolutely were unable to climb up any and all trees. All hunts totally from the ground.

From what I'm learning thru the Beast. What I've experienced. Having pre set up kill spots would probably be the key. But the need to wait for summer growth to be close to done. In most cases. Would mean having to make these set ups in July early August. How often might you actually burn the bridge for the entire year while doing that?

Some of the spots I hunt in the cattails I cut shooting lanes in July. I think in some regards my hunting would get a lot harder off the ground, but there would be a feeling of freedom not to be tied to a tree and have the ability to hunt areas with no trees. You just gotta take the advantages, and over come the disadvantages.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

Dan & Mario, Thank you for taking the time for this review! As always, some great info & insights!

I need to do a self-review of my season & journal of my season and try to form some conclusions!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:24 am

Good stuff! I like hearing how you miss judged set ups (gives hope to us who are learning), and also what the correct set up would have looked like. You guys definitely are an asset to the novice hunter! Much appreciated, thanks guys.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:39 am

I'm almost finished up listening to this! Thanks for putting this together Dan and Mario!
rmrnr

Unread postby rmrnr » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:57 pm

Great job guys. Thanks for taking the time to do it
As always a ton of good information.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:25 am

What an awesome video! Thanks again for doing it. I posted a question in the Q&A forum that maybe you guys could discuss in your next video about trail camera use during the hunting season. Curious how you use trail cameras during the season, like how you determine where you put them or what sign you're looking for that tells you that you need to throw up a camera. Also, wondering how you keep them protected from theft or tampering from others. Thanks!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:17 am

Net Guy wrote:What an awesome video! Thanks again for doing it. I posted a question in the Q&A forum that maybe you guys could discuss in your next video about trail camera use during the hunting season. Curious how you use trail cameras during the season, like how you determine where you put them or what sign you're looking for that tells you that you need to throw up a camera. Also, wondering how you keep them protected from theft or tampering from others. Thanks!

That's a good topic. We could probably do a whole podcast on that subject.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:40 am

dan wrote:
Net Guy wrote:What an awesome video! Thanks again for doing it. I posted a question in the Q&A forum that maybe you guys could discuss in your next video about trail camera use during the hunting season. Curious how you use trail cameras during the season, like how you determine where you put them or what sign you're looking for that tells you that you need to throw up a camera. Also, wondering how you keep them protected from theft or tampering from others. Thanks!

That's a good topic. We could probably do a whole podcast on that subject.

That would be awesome. Thanks!
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:19 pm

This was an excellent video :clap: ,the mapping diagrams are really hitting home on what i should be keying in on in my set ups! Thanks for taking the time to do these very helpful! :clap:
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Outstanding as usual 8-) , besides the info, the whiteboard is the 3rd star of the show...it really helps bring the info into the light :music-rockon:
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”