W2H w/ John Eberhart

NH Teufelhund

Re: W2H w/ John Eberhart

Unread postby NH Teufelhund » Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:22 am

What I heard through that enire podcast was “ask me about scent control!!! Ask me about scent control! MMA needs a new pair of shoes and I get paid when people ASK ME ABOUT SCENT CONTROL!!!!!”

That’s what I heard.

purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:32 am

NH Teufelhund wrote:What I heard through that enire podcast was “ask me about scent control!!! Ask me about scent control! MMA needs a new pair of shoes and I get paid when people ASK ME ABOUT SCENT CONTROL!!!!!”

That’s what I heard.

I thought the same thing, Mark did a good job not diving into it.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:58 am

Remember Marc Anthony?? He was known for killing like almost 10 booners with a bow all from the ground????

That turned out to be a big LIE. Its not hard to talk the talk.

What are the chances J.E might by lying about his kills??
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:13 am

john1984 wrote:Remember Marc Anthony?? He was known for killing like almost 10 booners with a bow all from the ground????

I don't believe he is. I am from the area. I won't go into details but I do know his kills are legit. There may be a little smoke n mirrors of how " pressured" the grounds are he hunts. But what is pressure really? Ask 10 hunters and get 10 answers.

I also know he is a master of reading sign and putting himself in position to kill the buck he is after. Just as I have heard the same about Dan many times.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:25 am

Thanks for the heads up on the scent control propaganda I'm not gonna waste my time listening
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 01, 2018 6:39 am

john1984 wrote:

Please lets not go here with this thread. John I know you are trying to make a point and respect that but next thing you know guys on other sites will be saying Beast members are calling John Eberhart a liar. Don’t want to go down that road. I followed John enough years to know he is a legit hunter and don’t doubt his kills one bit. I don’t agree one bit with his fanatical scent reduction routine but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him as a hunter. I’m sure most here would agree with that.
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:07 am

Dewey wrote:
john1984 wrote:

Please lets not go here with this thread. John I know you are trying to make a point and respect that but next thing you know guys on other sites will be saying Beast members are calling John Eberhart a liar. Don’t want to go down that road. I followed John enough years to know he is a legit hunter and don’t doubt his kills one bit. I don’t agree one bit with his fanatical scent reduction routine but that doesn’t mean I don’t respect him as a hunter. I’m sure most here would agree with that.

I would bet he's telling the truth. I just threw it out there for the sake of throwing it out there.

Not making any ACCUSATIONS. Ill drop it
ontario farmer
Facebook: Ontario

Unread postby ontario farmer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:41 am

Dewey wrote:
john1984 wrote:

Good comment. I love to take the best from everyone. I have a lot to learn and JE, Dan and others can teach me so I can get better. That is all I care about. I am sure JE is not a fake hunter and I would not be in a saddle with out his books and I have improved in my deer hunting abilities because of him.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:07 am

My failures attempting to copy JE's tactics is what pushed me to keep looking for something that worked for me. Hence I'm here.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:26 am

john1984 wrote:Remember Marc Anthony?? He was known for killing like almost 10 booners with a bow all from the ground????

The sad fact is there is all kinds of lying in the hunting industry. People lie about who they are, shoot bucks with outfitters then say killed on public, hunt everyday of the season and say they only got out twice, make up entire kills stories, kill deer in a pen and claim wild, poach etc.... Not directed at John or anyone else just a general statement that has been proven over time. Anytime there is dollar signs for results it brings in cheaters. They have lie detectors in fishing tourneys for a reason.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Perfectionitz

Unread postby Perfectionitz » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:34 pm

Dewey wrote:
john1984 wrote:

Well said Dewey, that was not at all my intention of starting this thread. It was more to demonstrate how much I’ve learned and evolved because of the members of this site and how quickly I moved on from the scent control regimen and onto the control your scent regimen... I don’t think we should be discrediting john’s abilities or history as a hunter, I just wish he wouldn’t disregard the tactics that have been developed here.
I HAVE THE TENDENCY TO DO IT UP
Scratchman

Unread postby Scratchman » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:58 pm

I have learned a bunch from both Dan and John. Dan chooses to focus on the things that matter, only the things that matter. Often his strategies seem like all or nothing. He is either going to kill his target animal (or one just as good) or not. He has a lot of bucks on the wall. He plays a different game than 99% of the hunters out there.......... he'd like to get 3 nice deer this year, but hes ok with no bucks. To boot, his wind strategies seem to be second to none. This is where I would like to be. I'm working hard, but meat in the freezer is an obligation of mine. So some of the time I hunt pinches, saddles and feed. John gets himself into specific types of spots. He hunts social not secluded locations, the type of hunting he does can help the "doe or first decent buck" guy a lot. Really get them going. For that I think he does a fantastic job and knows his stuff. His books are pretty good too. He has been making a buck off of salesmanship for much of his life. Also, I think he really believes in scent lock. To an extent, if done right, Ill bet it helps.......especially with younger deer. It seems like a pain in the but though. I don't like the ego a ton, or the marketing, but I take it for what it is. He is a great hunter and has some tips to share. That said he does bring a lot of junk into the woods, as I heard Dan say one time "your not going camping"
"I could eat shlapjacks every day of the weeksh, eh." Jimmer Nagamanee from Menominee
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:54 pm

My biggest issue with JE is he tries to be on the everyday hunter’s side and shame the hunting industry gimmicks in one light. Turns around the next minute and forces the “you can’t kill big bucks with such and such doing yada yada” talk. The same talk the hunting industry uses to sell something. For instance, the talk about he CAN’T use tree stands where he hunts and that you CAN’T use them to hunt where wise old bucks live.....BS. My favorite thing about the beast is it preaches not limiting yourself. Think outside the box and get yourself in the game. I just think JE is a horrible listen for newer hunters looking for advice. In all honesty, I thought he was gonna make for a good listen in this one. That all changed when he started all the absolutes talk and that was where I shut it down.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
ontario farmer
Facebook: Ontario

Unread postby ontario farmer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:01 pm

Wannabelikedan wrote:My biggest issue with JE is he tries to be on the everyday hunter’s side and shame the hunting industry gimmicks in one light. Turns around the next minute and forces the “you can’t kill big bucks with such and such doing yada yada” talk. The same talk the hunting industry uses to sell something. For instance, the talk about he CAN’T use tree stands where he hunts and that you CAN’T use them to hunt where wise old bucks live.....BS. My favorite thing about the beast is it preaches not limiting yourself. Think outside the box and get yourself in the game. I just think JE is a horrible listen for newer hunters looking for advice. In all honesty, I thought he was gonna make for a good listen in this one. That all changed when he started all the absolutes talk and that was where I shut it down.

When we speak in absolutes we are almost always wrong. So that is true for sure.
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:43 am

Wannabelikedan wrote:My biggest issue with JE is he tries to be on the everyday hunter’s side and shame the hunting industry gimmicks in one light. Turns around the next minute and forces the “you can’t kill big bucks with such and such doing yada yada” talk. The same talk the hunting industry uses to sell something. For instance, the talk about he CAN’T use tree stands where he hunts and that you CAN’T use them to hunt where wise old bucks live.....BS. My favorite thing about the beast is it preaches not limiting yourself. Think outside the box and get yourself in the game. I just think JE is a horrible listen for newer hunters looking for advice. In all honesty, I thought he was gonna make for a good listen in this one. That all changed when he started all the absolutes talk and that was where I shut it down.

Right on. Just an arrogant fellow. I would imagine he's been punched in the face a few times in his life the way he talks down to people. I listened to this, gave it a chance because I wanted to hear some of his saddle hunting input. There were some tidbits of him being himself then I had to turn it off when he started spouting off "you CAN'T kill mature bucks in security cover with a climber". I believe he went as far as to use the phrase "physically impossible". Ok buddy. That's enough. I get being convicted and even a little closed minded, but this guy takes it to a whole other level. Okayyyyy. Deep breaths.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”