Dan Infalt wired to hunting podcast 7/19/18

• Advertisement

HB Store

Jeff G
500 Club

Dan Infalt wired to hunting podcast 7/19/18

Unread postby Jeff G » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:18 am

Wired To Hunt Podcast #223: Next Level Deer Hunting Tactics w/ Dan Infalt http://wiredtohunt.com/2018/07/19/wired ... an-infalt/

SidewayZ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SidewayZ32

Re: Dan Infalt wired to hunting podcast 7/19/18

Unread postby SidewayZ » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:06 am

You know the podcast is off the charts when you keep getting bumped off because there is too much traffic to the page to listen!

Grrr….. lol
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-SidewayZ-

I'm not scared to fail, I just fear regret!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:28 am

This was a good podcast! It also has Andy and JoeRE 8-)
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:29 am

I just downloaded it. Looking forward to listening!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
jporcello
500 Club

Unread postby jporcello » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 am

ill have to listen to it on here, its not available on W2H on podbeen yet
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results” Albert Einstein
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Listening right now. Can already tell this is going to be a good one!
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:23 pm

Great podcast everyone. I really liked the discussion about the balance between hunting and family.

Dan - You mentioned about you wish you would have made it more fun for your middle son while he was showing interest in hunting. Could you elaborate on what you wish you would have done differently? I only have public land and my fear is that I will have my beast glasses on and go down the same road as you. Like you, I enjoy the hard work that goes into hunting, scouting, and planning. My fear is that my kids won't like that but still want to get into hunting. Any thoughts?

Thanks
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:31 am

Net Guy wrote:Great podcast everyone. I really liked the discussion about the balance between hunting and family.

Dan - You mentioned about you wish you would have made it more fun for your middle son while he was showing interest in hunting. Could you elaborate on what you wish you would have done differently? I only have public land and my fear is that I will have my beast glasses on and go down the same road as you. Like you, I enjoy the hard work that goes into hunting, scouting, and planning. My fear is that my kids won't like that but still want to get into hunting. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I think its important to listen and talk with your child about what he/she wants... I pushed him like a sports nut pushes his kid to be a football star. Just keep it fun, and leave the hardcore crazy hunt for yourself or your crazy friends.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:40 am

dan wrote:
Net Guy wrote:Great podcast everyone. I really liked the discussion about the balance between hunting and family.

Thanks

I think its important to listen and talk with your child about what he/she wants... I pushed him like a sports nut pushes his kid to be a football star. Just keep it fun, and leave the hardcore crazy hunt for yourself or your crazy friends.

Thanks, Dan. I took them shining for the first time the other day and they got a kick out of that. Plan to do more of it. They won't be able to tag along or hunt for a few years yet, so I will take advantage of this time to gauge their interest and plan accordingly for when they are ready. Might have to keep a databse of those spots that produce higher numbers of deer, smaller buck, but not mature bucks. At what age did you start taking your boy out into the woods scouting?
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:39 am

Net Guy wrote:
dan wrote:

Thanks

Thanks, Dan. I took them shining for the first time the other day and they got a kick out of that. Plan to do more of it. They won't be able to tag along or hunt for a few years yet, so I will take advantage of this time to gauge their interest and plan accordingly for when they are ready. Might have to keep a databse of those spots that produce higher numbers of deer, smaller buck, but not mature bucks. At what age did you start taking your boy out into the woods scouting?

He was with me as soon as he could walk.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:42 am

Just finished the podcast today, great stuff and very enjoyable with Joe and Andy joining in

Dan- you breifly mentioned scouting and hunting the sign same day
I do this often since finding the Beast.

Question though: you mentioned circling bedding looking for fresh sign. I almost hunt exclusively Hill country ... how would you advise me to approach scouting with a stand on back searching for sign in or out of bedding areas without busting the bucks off bed? Could you elaborate more on your method
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:49 am

backstraps wrote:Just finished the podcast today, great stuff and very enjoyable with Joe and Andy joining in

Question though: you mentioned circling bedding looking for fresh sign. I almost hunt exclusively Hill country ... how would you advise me to approach scouting with a stand on back searching for sign in or out of bedding areas without busting the bucks off bed? Could you elaborate more on your method

I try to guess where there bedded in hill country and come at it with the wind in mind, if I find sign of as big buck in the atrea I will try to figure out how he is coming in and out. Like say you walk thru an acorn flat or along a corn field and find great buck sign. Then I think there are only so many leeward spots in close proximity, and even fewer with good cover, and I know there heading in the direction of the food ( or does), and I get closer and look for sign exiting the presumed bedding. I generally get on bucks pretty quick in hill country with that mindset.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:55 am

dan wrote:
backstraps wrote:Just finished the podcast today, great stuff and very enjoyable with Joe and Andy joining in

I try to guess where there bedded in hill country and come at it with the wind in mind, if I find sign of as big buck in the atrea I will try to figure out how he is coming in and out. Like say you walk thru an acorn flat or along a corn field and find great buck sign. Then I think there are only so many leeward spots in close proximity, and even fewer with good cover, and I know there heading in the direction of the food ( or does), and I get closer and look for sign exiting the presumed bedding. I generally get on bucks pretty quick in hill country with that mindset.

Okay that makes sense
I was trying to over think it I guess. Thats the same approach I use on public grounds I am familiar with and know where buck beds are located

Thanks
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 am

Great listen Dan!

I echo your sentiment about woodsmanship. I think it's becoming a lost art! I do think this forum motivates hunters to work harder at it though.

I liked the guys comments about it taking 3-5 years of investment to totally figure out hunting buck bedding. I'm in the middle of that learning curve right now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”