Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

• Advertisement

HB Store

NorthStar
500 Club

Re: Hunt Different w Jesse Coots Podcast

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:19 am

Lockdown wrote:If people want to lose part of their audience due to foul language that’s their choice I guess! Personally, it doesn’t bother me at all.

Profanity doesn't offend me but it sometimes distracts me from digesting the meaningful context of what's being discussed. But this is probably more of my own problem.

“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:14 am

After listening, I thought it was ok. The language wasn't too distracting.

The first guy they interviewed sounded very accomplished, but I didn't get anything super insightful from it. It was a general approach perspective, which was good, but it kind of seemed like a mile wide and an inch deep. Good, but I didn't think it separated itself from the herd like maybe he was hoping it would.

What it left me wanting was two things:

1) a deeper dive on whats truly sets that hunter apart. For example, I think Mark Kenyon did this on Wired to Hunt podcasts with JoeRE on trail cam strategies and with Andy May (RR7... Although it might not have been on WTH) on attention to detail, particularly as a it relates to bow setup and archery preparation. These were advanced classes, not introductory ones.

And 2) more info from Jesse himself on just what/how he does when he goes in completely blind into areas without even cyber scouting them... What he looks for, what causes him to jump to another property, etc. And what he keys in on to seal the deal.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:30 am

I'm glad some people can get past the language, I don't understand the crowd that thinks all hunting media has to be G rated. There are plenty of podcasts you can listen to with your kids. It's nice to hear a no coddling, this is how it is perspective. Sometimes I need someone to kick me in the a**.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:13 am

Thank you greenhornsave and jwilkstn please allow me to explain a bit.

A podcast is basically an mp3 file that contains audio data. Similar to how a CD "back in the day" contained songs.

What I'm asking for is the mp3 file of the audio data of the podcast. Similar to how back in the day you would say, "can you copy that CD for me so I can listen in my car?"

What's being provided to us are links to apple.com or other corporate entities. They don't want to give us the raw mp3 files because they can't control them. If you "stream" the podcast from Stitcher or Apple they can track EVERYTHING like when you start listening, when you stop, where you skip to, yadda yadda yadda... This ABSOLUTELY CREEPY tracking stuff is not acceptable to me.

Don't mean to pick a fight with you guys, I'm a hunter too. But I work in the computer biz and I like podcasts and don't like being corralled into giving the big corporations what they want.

Peace.
Grizzlyadam
500 Club

Unread postby Grizzlyadam » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:49 am

I listened to the first podcast today, the only thing I found different from other podcasts was the liberal use of the f-bomb. Not that that bothers me in the least to hear, in fact the guy is pretty relatable to many friends of mine, so no big deal there. The content of the podcast however was not keeping my attention. I don't really think I took away anything valuable from it.

After listening to it I went and pulled up the W2H episode with him and listened to it. I thought that was great! There was some really good info in it. It was educational and entertaining. I feel like I got a lot of valuable info from it and I was very engaged listening to it. Maybe he's a better guest than a host. Maybe it was just the guest he had and the questions were not very relatable to what I'm into.

Anyway I'm looking forward to the next one, seems like he's someone who is very accomplished and knows his stuff with no bs. Nice to hear a decent podcast from a guy from the north east.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Lockdown wrote:If people want to lose part of their audience due to foul language that’s their choice I guess! Personally, it doesn’t bother me at all.

This site has not only showed me great hunting tactics but also has taught me other words that consist of more than 4 letters.
Johnny-6-fingers

Unread postby Johnny-6-fingers » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:07 pm

greenhorndave wrote:After listening, I thought it was ok. The language wasn't too distracting.

The first guy they interviewed sounded very accomplished, but I didn't get anything super insightful from it. It was a general approach perspective, which was good, but it kind of seemed like a mile wide and an inch deep. Good, but I didn't think it separated itself from the herd like maybe he was hoping it would.

1) a deeper dive on whats truly sets that hunter apart. For example, I think Mark Kenyon did this on Wired to Hunt podcasts with JoeRE on trail cam strategies and with Andy May (RR7... Although it might not have been on WTH) on attention to detail, particularly as a it relates to bow setup and archery preparation. These were advanced classes, not introductory ones.

And 2) more info from Jesse himself on just what/how he does when he goes in completely blind into areas without even cyber scouting them... What he looks for, what causes him to jump to another property, etc. And what he keys in on to seal the deal.

Can you give me more info on how to find the trail cam strategy podcast you are referring to? Thanks!
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Johnny-6-fingers wrote:
greenhorndave wrote:After listening, I thought it was ok. The language wasn't too distracting.

Can you give me more info on how to find the trail cam strategy podcast you are referring to? Thanks!

Absolutely!

Look at the Wired to Hunt episodes, which should be visible in any podcast player.

Look for Joe Elsinger as the guest. From like June or July. (maybe August) I don't remember the number of the episode.

Edit: Found it.
Screenshot_20200115-181518_Podcast Addict.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
live2hunt

Unread postby live2hunt » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Gave it a listen. Certainly showed the diversity of the word lol. I will listen to him with Andy and see how that goes before I decide.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:43 pm

live2hunt wrote:Gave it a listen. Certainly showed the diversity of the word lol. I will listen to him with Andy and see how that goes before I decide.

I used to work with a plumber who could use that word as a noun, verb, adverb, and adjective... all in the same sentence. Quite the master of intellectual communication :?
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Swedishbowhunter
500 Club
Location: South East Wisconsin hunts SE,SW, & Northcentral wi

Unread postby Swedishbowhunter » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:05 pm

I listened to the 1st full length one today and I thought it was ok, I cant say it was very informative, but it was somewhat entertaining. Jessie's voice sounded so familiar so I had to google his picture, I am not sure where I have seen him before? Maybe some hunting show, or perhaps I ran into him somewhere, I am not sure.
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:49 am

I’m sure he is a good guy and an accomplished hunter. I’m not judging. I’m used to that kind of language. I hear it all day everyday at work as well as other places. The difference is, I’ve got no choice at work. I’m a captive audience there.

I’m guilty. I used to talk the same way. That’s not me anymore. I turn off movies for the same reason all the time.

That being said, he absolutely has the right to speak exactly the way he wants.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:17 am

I hunted at a hunting club for a few days has a guest. That’s how all the guys talked there. Cussed like sailors. I have nothing against it and cussing is banned where I work. Still often hear a few f bombs slip out
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:37 am

I think they are just getting going I am sure they will get deeper into tactics. I subscribed for content not for language capability :)
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:53 am

Pretty much the same thing I thought.
From what I understood, the first guest Caleb, is young, was/is single, and has a job/profession that gives him most of the fall off. Other than that, I didn’t learn what makes the guy so successful.
As far as the host goes - I actually liked his personality better in his new podcast rather than the last W2H one, not really related to the swearing, just more the way he kept saying how easy it was to kill big bucks. Even if it is, you become a heck more unrelatable to the audience when you say so. Here he seemed a little more humble.
As far as the swearing goes, I’m a 3rd generation dairy farmer. I’ve heard it all and I’m pretty fluent myself, but I think he’d get more out of his swear words if he used them more sparingly and at times where they really are needed. Reminds me of one of my Dad’s cousins and another friend of his that he has shared a hunting camp with for 30+ years. I’m pretty sure those 2 guys don’t get to swear at all in their daily lives, so when they get to camp it’s like tearing out a beaver dam. Sound just like Jesse for a few hours until they calm down a little...

• Advertisement

Return to “Podcast”