WI boys united?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

vtbuck
500 Club

WI boys united?

Unread postby vtbuck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:39 am

I don’t know if the rest of you that hunt deer in WI are frustrated with some of the crap going on or not. I am. This year once again after muzzleloader season the dnr has a statewide 4 day antlerless hunt. Then, on December 23, the dnr has a antlerless holiday hunt scheduled through January 1. It’s a load of crap IMO.
As several of us Beast members have stated on other threads frustrations are building because of this. I’m hoping we can all get these seasons eliminated in the future. Going to dnr spring meetings, writing our representatives and so on to voice our displeasure is needed to get control back of our hunting.
Maybe I’m way off on this. Hoping you guys feel the same way and we can make some kind of difference.

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Dewey

Re: WI boys united?

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:45 am

Totally agree. Start by contacting Governor Walker like Dan mentioned in his journal thread.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:02 am

:clap: :dance: :clap: :dance:
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:58 am

Whose got the email address for walker, the head of the dnr, state reps, etc... I want changes guys. Heads must roll.
Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 am

I've got a friend in this boat for sure. Every year he is complaining on FB about deer numbers in northern WI and doe numbers. I told him quit complaining there and go to meetings and join local deer groups. The people need to speak up and voice their dissatisfaction but don't count on somebody else to do it for you. If hunters ban together things can change and probably should change. All I told him is don't bash other hunters for shooting does. They have a tag for them and is their right plus they're on his side as far as hunting. You may not agree with them but if we continue losing hunters or fight about techniques among hunters we will continue to lose public access across this country. Ban together for change but try to avoid criticizing others or divisive comments that will further jeopardize hunter numbers. Good luck
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:43 am

vtbuck wrote:Whose got the email address for walker, the head of the dnr, state reps, etc... I want changes guys. Heads must roll.

Here is Walkers contact link.

https://walker.wi.gov/contact/contact-form
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:48 am

Dewey wrote:
vtbuck wrote:Whose got the email address for walker, the head of the dnr, state reps, etc... I want changes guys. Heads must roll.

Here is Walkers contact link.

https://walker.wi.gov/contact/contact-form

Thanks Dewey! I strongly encourage others to help in the fight. This is a brotherhood.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:31 am

I totally agree! 100%

Thanks Dewey! I will definitely be writing Walker and who ever else I can!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Rutnstrut
500 Club

Unread postby Rutnstrut » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Supposedly the CDAC meetings were going to be the place for us to have input. Unfortunately CDAC has become yet another instance of ignoring hunters and landowners. The other interests on the CDAC always seem to have more say than the hunting and landowner interest.
fishlips
500 Club

Unread postby fishlips » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:08 pm

The holiday hunts are approved at the cdac level if I remember correctly.

My biggest gripe is how they handle the public vs private land antlerless tags. the county I live in you can get 2 public land antlerless tags with each license (bow and gun) for a total of 4 antlerless tags. they also currently have over 600 public land antlerless tags left.

basically it's unlimited antlerless tags like we had before with more rules. I liked the idea when it came out but the administration of it has been less than ideal.
Crazinamatese

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:15 pm

The DNR's hands are tied in state's legislation process. They are there to enforce the laws, not create them. Scott Walker simply abandoned WI hunters. Not happy with that guy.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:26 pm

Crazinamatese wrote:The DNR's hands are tied in state's legislation process. They are there to enforce the laws, not create them. Scott Walker simply abandoned WI hunters. Not happy with that guy.

Yep. The dnr has no power anymore thanks to walker.

Politicians aren’t biologists. Yet only one makes all the rules for the other to follow.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:51 pm

Jonny wrote:
Crazinamatese wrote:The DNR's hands are tied in state's legislation process. They are there to enforce the laws, not create them. Scott Walker simply abandoned WI hunters. Not happy with that guy.

Yep. The dnr has no power anymore thanks to walker.

Politicians aren’t biologists. Yet only one makes all the rules for the other to follow.

X2
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:02 pm

^^^yup. No I’m not a liberal but the strict conservative views will eventually not run parrelel with all of our beliefs. This is part of everyone having making sacrifices thing that has been preached. It’s easy to do until it hits home. I just hope that he doesn’t get crazy with our public lands. If he does idk if there
is a whole lot for us to do about it other than vote someone else in. Walker isn’t pro hunter. He’s fine with hunting itself but he has no problem sacrificing tradition and even common sense if it saves a buck or makes a big business happy.
vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Guys, the only thing Walker cares about is making Walker look good to lobbyists and scum bags like the Koch brothers.
Yes, my views might be s little skewed cause I’m a democrat, I’m union, and I’m married to a public school teacher.
But, Walker has screwed everybody except his rich supporters who donate to his campaign funds.
The dnr needs to be in charge of the dnr. Hunters and the dnr should be the ones proposing regulations for hunting. If we as hunters don’t stand together and oppose this administration we can kiss our rights as hunter, outdoorsman, and Wisconsinites goodbye.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”