All time best tactical threads

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Catskills

Re: All time best tactical threads

Postby Catskills » Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:07 am

The public land around me is more big woods than hill country. I am in the lower catskills (Appalachian mountain range). Does anybody know of any threads more focused on big woods? Usually ranging in 1000'-1800' elevations, creeks, rivers, lots of pines, oaks, maples etc. Lots of steep inclines etc Should I focus on hill country threads?

Lockdown
500 Club

Postby Lockdown » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:15 am

Catskills wrote:The public land around me is more big woods than hill country. I am in the lower catskills (Appalachian mountain range). Does anybody know of any threads more focused on big woods? Usually ranging in 1000'-1800' elevations, creeks, rivers, lots of pines, oaks, maples etc. Lots of steep inclines etc Should I focus on hill country threads?

If you’ve got hills of that magnitude then absolutely focus on hill threads. I see beds on points (wind to back) with 10-20’ elevation change in farm land drainages.
Wolfofmibu

Postby Wolfofmibu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:13 am

Is their a thread for swamps in here ? If anyone could link that would be awesome . I’m having trouble finding anything .
EdC

Postby EdC » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:58 am

this thread has a lot of great information all in one spot to study and get our heads around this valuable information

unfortunately many of the photos are not visible to study, wish there was a way this could be recovered so we can all
benefit, especially all the new people like myself who have discovered the beast style of hunting
mainebowhunter
500 Club

Postby mainebowhunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:59 am

EdC wrote:this thread has a lot of great information all in one spot to study and get our heads around this valuable information

unfortunately many of the photos are not visible to study, wish there was a way this could be recovered so we can all
benefit, especially all the new people like myself who have discovered the beast style of hunting

As long as no one has deleted their photobucket account, you can view all of it.

Just download the fix for chrome
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-hotlink-fix/kegnjbncdcliihbemealioapbifiaedg?hl=en

Firefox fix
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/
EdC

Postby EdC » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:02 pm

thanks Maine did the trick
now I can get my head around some of this stuff

Return to “Deer Hunting”