The Palmetto Kid

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PK_
500 Club

Re: The Palmetto Kid

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:37 pm

Czabs wrote:I have to say i have major respect for you PK.

I think out of all the different places to hunt in the U.S, those nasty swamps in the south would be for sure the toughest to hunt as far as terrain, weather, and creepy crawlies.

That was a great post. I bet half of the guys on here wouldn't last in those swamps including myself! Keep up the awesomeness.

I do have a question for you though...have you ever thought about coming to the midwest to hunt? I think you could wreak havoc up here...

Thanks man, I have thought about hunting the MW every day for the last 5-6 years. I have cyber scouted public in just about every state in the MW, I just can't seem to make a trip happen. Part of the problem is every year during the rut I travel out of state to hunt with family and I am not willing to sacrifice that trip and spending time with family in order to chase bigger antlers. You never know when a deer season may be the last one you get to share with a certain family member.

Hunting the midwest is a dream of mine, but unfortunately that is all that it is for the time being.

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:17 pm

BassBoysLLP wrote:Well done!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

inspiring-aye...?!

Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Impressive focus and determination. It's so much easier to play the cards delt versus sitting on the porch belly-aching how others have it better. And your map expertise that you have been building since before cyber-anything, WOW. Thanks for sharing and happy hunting.

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
JakeJD
500 Club

Unread postby JakeJD » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:33 pm

Good stuff. Thanks for taking the time.

"In the deed, the glory"
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:57 am

Good stuff PK.

We're only a few hours drive N of you in wNY. Ever make it up this way and I could probably get Vaznis to meet you. I've known him for about 15 years...a bear nut, too. His house by one of the finger lakes is chock full of mounts that no wife would ever put up with, lol. I am sure we could get you in a stand, too. We also have some decent deer from time to time, but don't talk about it much.

Being in NW PA each November, you could easily vaunt into Ohio for some hunting by extending your trip a day or two.

I think I've mentioned this before, but FL hunters of your caliber in my mind are probably the best pound for pound hunters out there. Being successful in that environment really does make one very likely to be at the top of the pyramid in a prime whitetail state.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:03 am

:mrgreen:
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Florida
500 Club
Facebook: facebook.com/huntinggeardeals

Unread postby Florida » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:43 pm

Great job man. Your lineup is inspiring. I'm glad you shared some background and tactics.

I share the opinion of many that posted before me that are from the south. Your success and knowledge prove that adaptations of Beast tactics work anywhere. I'm still cracking the code myself.

Hopefully I'll run into you at a quota hunt. As long as you don't still hunt my bedding area. ;)

http://www.huntinggeardeals.com
Co-Host Down South Hunting Podcast
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 pm

I don’t remember what pictures I originally posted in this thread but I figured I could throw a few up to give the thread some substance once again...

If a mod wants to put these ones in the original post or something that would be cool.

Some bucks from South FL:

Central FL:

Few from out of state:

No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Bogle

Unread postby Bogle » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:00 am

Those are some really great FL bucks
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 am

Awesome man! :clap: :clap:
Sailfish_WC
500 Club

Unread postby Sailfish_WC » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:34 am

Good stuff
thanks for sharing
Sailfish_WC <-- Deer watcher
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:40 am

You making out of state plans for this year?

Hunting in the NE or extreme SE US...if you can consistently find success there, I think it translates well to many of the "champion" states and landscapes.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Bowhunter4life
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunter4life » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm

I know I posted on this thread before but was a few years ago. Since then I’ve seen many more post from you only adding to my respect for you! There’s no doubt in my mind your one of the top killers on here. The amount of success you accomplish in a single season is very impressive!
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:47 pm

Bowhunter4life wrote:I know I posted on this thread before but was a few years ago. Since then I’ve seen many more post from you only adding to my respect for you! There’s no doubt in my mind your one of the top killers on here. The amount of success you accomplish in a single season is very impressive!

I'll second that.
Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Was always curious what PK stood for. I now know it means a big bucks worst nightmare. Great profile and thanks for reviving some of the photos.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”