Do you carry a pistol while bow hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bwwma

Unread postby bwwma » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:24 pm

Do you carry a pistol while bow hunting? I do, for several reasons. I'm partial to my Sig SP2022. It's legal on our wma to carry. Just curious how many other folks carry, & what firearm they prefer.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Re: Do you carry a pistol while bow hunting?

Unread postby Stanley » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:35 pm

No I have a weapon my bow.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
mhill

Unread postby mhill » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:04 pm

Not legal in NY.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Bowtech D350
Axcel Accutouch
Goldtip Velocity 300
Grim Reapers
XOP Enforcer
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:28 pm

Absolutely my S&W Shield. wasn't legal on WMA's until recently but due to a lot of bowhunters getting jacked for their crap. The powers that be finally pulled their heads out of their orifices!
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
exojam

Unread postby exojam » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:11 pm

mhill wrote:Not legal in NY.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Same in Mass although some say concealed means concealed.

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:57 pm

Is a frogs but hole water tight? Yes, I carry my Glock while bowhunting. You never know who or what you will run into back in the woods.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:12 pm

I absolutely do. Just this past weekend I was hunting a narrow strip of woods that is adjacent to a back road... I was literally 75 yards from my truck. I could see it from my stand. I lost count of the trucks that slow down and almost stopped as they approach my truck. Two trucks completely stopped and in one instance the dude got out and walked around the truck. Yes I carry and in Texas come Jan 1st were go open carry and I'll bet a lot of people think twice about screwing with other people or their stuff. We, TX, also have the right to use deadly force to protect our property.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:51 pm

Stanley wrote:No I have a weapon my bow.

:lol:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
cedarsavage
500 Club
Facebook: No facebook

Unread postby cedarsavage » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:05 am

I carry every time I go in the woods I've run into a couple meth heads, found an old grow operation, and enough empty bleach bottles to know the most dangerous critter is on two legs. I agree with Stanley that my bow is my weapon but my handgun is a great deterrent, hopefully it never has to come out of my pocket.

vtbuck
500 Club

Unread postby vtbuck » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:40 am

Sometimes. My s and w 357 is ready, willing, and able when I hunt alone to keep me safe.

Perfection is a dream, practice is hard work, and achieving a goal is making that goal a reality.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:08 am

There really is no need. If you are, it's from paranoia . What exactly is the threat in the woods while hunting? Meth heads? Never heard of a meth attack....Pot growers? Please, never heard of a pot head hurting anyone...Every predator I've seen is harder to get close to than a deer. And other hunters? Really most other hunters seems to be OK guys. Thugs aren't in the woods deer hunting. Thugs have no idea what deer hunting is, if they did, they wouldn't have become thugs in the first place. So what's the need???

You have a better chance of seeing bigfoot, than being attacked while hunting.

Save the carrying for your home, work place, or the city, but not hunting.....You have a better chance of getting hurt from a slip in the shower, or a car wreck....

I'm not against it if it's all legal, but is it really nessesary? While bowhunting? C"mon man.

If it's illegal and you do it anyway, now your the thug....
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:17 am

Spysar wrote:There really is no need. If you are, it's from paranoia . What exactly is the threat in the woods while hunting? Meth heads? Never heard of a meth attack....Pot growers? Please, never heard of a pot head hurting anyone...Every predator I've seen is harder to get close to than a deer. And other hunters? Really most other hunters seems to be OK guys. Thugs aren't in the woods deer hunting. Thugs have no idea what deer hunting is, if they did, they wouldn't have become thugs in the first place. So what's the need???

Save the carrying for your home, work place, or the city, but not hunting.....You have a better chance of getting hurt from a slip in the shower, or a car wreck....

I'm not against it if it's all legal, but is it really nessesary? While bowhunting? C"mon man.

There have been more deaths here from meth heads than anything else except car accidents. And it's not meth heads killing other meth heads. It's killing innocent people. And that's not just here.

Bigfoot doesn't exist, meth heads do.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
mauser06
500 Club

Unread postby mauser06 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:18 am

Rarely leave home without a gun..I mean..I can't remember the last time... Even at wedding and formal events lol...

Like was said you never know what you'll run into...

Meth tweakers love the back woods...as do dope grows...to say either are harmless is simply ignorant IMO...

Someone hiking out to their truck in the night which is about in the middle of nowhere could make an easy target....

I've noticed another thing...prisons are often in secluded rural areas...areas that attract me as a hunter...which brings me back to someone trying to jack you/your truck in the middle of nowhere..

I've came across a transient when I was a teenager. Train jumper..he liked to huff rubber cement..he didnt cause me any harm but easily could have...he was screaming like a mad man..I thought it was a bow hunter that fell from his stand and needed help...

First day I ever bow hunted in my life a raging moron came under my tree literally screaming like a mad man...I wasn't old enough to carry yet...heck I was barely out of highschool and haven't hunted alone much upto that point...

I should have simply taken a leak on his head and acted like I didn't know he was down there lol...

Just never know...

I usually carry a S&W airweight just because I carry enough weight and stuff into the woods...

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:20 am

Southern Man wrote:
Spysar wrote:There really is no need. If you are, it's from paranoia . What exactly is the threat in the woods while hunting? Meth heads? Never heard of a meth attack....Pot growers? Please, never heard of a pot head hurting anyone...Every predator I've seen is harder to get close to than a deer. And other hunters? Really most other hunters seems to be OK guys. Thugs aren't in the woods deer hunting. Thugs have no idea what deer hunting is, if they did, they wouldn't have become thugs in the first place. So what's the need???

There have been more deaths here from meth heads than anything else except car accidents. And it's not meth heads killing other meth heads. It's killing innocent people. And that's not just here.

Bigfoot doesn't exist, meth heads do.

Meth heads die from overdose, not ambushing hunters. Show me one article where a meth head attacked a hunter...
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:23 am

You guys can continue to live in fear. I refuse.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”