2016 big buck contest

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

2016 big buck contest

Unread postby dan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:49 am

2016 big buck contest
To enter this contest you must post "in" or some other reply to this thread prior to opening day of the state you shoot your entry buck in.

Prizes will be divided up into prize packages at some point before the end of the contest.

Winners will be picked by poll by our 500 club members...

Only bucks are eligible. Once your hunting season is over you will need to write a post about your hunt and post it in a thread made by Carol specifically for contest entries. H/B Elders who are in the 500 club will vote on winners based on buck size, difficulty in the hunt, story, or what ever qualities they deem deserves winning. We have lots of prizes, and there will be lots of winners. This is meant to be a fun contest that gives back to the Beast community because we are grateful for your support. Please be nice so we can continue this annual tradition. I am of coarse not eligible to win anything... Everybody else is.

~~~Dans' disclaimer:
We are not responsible for prizes that are not delivered by the people donating them. If you can't make the dates available, or you dislike the prize, well, tough... Feel free to email or contact the donor prior to choosing your prize. Once you choose your prize, your choice is final. No (trip) prize can be sold, traded, or given to another person without permission of the donor granting the prize... Choose wisely.

*Winners outside the United States are responsible for shipping costs.

We reserve the right to exclude anyone from the contest for any behavior that is illegal or we deem un-ethical. The contest is for members signed up on the Beast, if you don't sign up, or are banned or evicted prior to receiving your prize, you loose your chance to win.

Carol has set up the contest as a poll because a poll cannot be altered, not even by us... There is no way to cheat this contest other than for a contestant to lie or violate. So please, do not accuse us or anyone of doing so. If you have a paranoia that the contest is "rigged" just do us all a favor and don't play.

Prizes are donated. Please thank donors when you get a chance, without them, there would be no prizes.... If you would like to donate a prize, post it here, or PM me or Carol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will start out by donating 4 H/B DVD'S (Winners choice)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BEAST member Deerslayer has donated some seed from his company: http://WWW.SLAYERSEED.COM
One 1/8 acre bag of Crimson Trail
One 1/4 acre bag of Ravishing Radish's
One 1/4 acre bag of Brassica Buffet

Slayer seed is what I use on the small farm I manage
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From an anonymous beast member:
I'd like to donate $100 anonymously to the buck contest. Could be broken up into two $50 prizes too?? It's kinda cool when multiple hunters win something even if it's not a ton of money....whatever you think.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike McKenna / ruttnhrd on the Beast, has donated a milwaukee-tool m12-cordless-heated-hand-warmer... Awesome!!! Thanks Mike!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Messenger grunt call

One of our members, keepthefevercalls, and his boss, Scott Hook of Hook's Custom calls is going to donate a Messenger grunt call to the big buck contest.

To create the Messenger we began by researching video footage that the Growingdeer team had collected of free ranging deer grunting. We wanted to design a call that mimicked the sound of a younger buck. After months of research and developement the Messenger was field tested during the 2015 deer season with numerous deer responding to the call.

If your interested in calls, check out Scotts web page:
http://www.hookscalls.com

Finally a video done by Grant Woods about the call
[BBvideo 425,350]https://youtu.be/yV7O1f8YDOk[/BBvideo]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beast member "Burkhart" is donating a "winter good read prize" 3 books. Mapping trophy Whitetails, Bowhunting pressured whitetails, How to bag your biggest buck by Larry Benoit.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trudell taxidermy is again donating 1/2 off of a standard whitetail deer head mount. This can be a new buck you shoot, or an old rack you want mounted (you can buy a cape from Trudell, or supply a different one). Contact Trudell taxidermy with any questions BEFORE YOU TAKE THIS PRIZE.
As many of you know, Trudell is where I go to get my game mounted...

http://trudelloutdooradventures.com/taxidermy/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stealth Outdoors is donating Stealth Strips to the Contest this year. They will donate 5 Treestand kits and 5 Climbing Stick kits. For more information, go to

http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

Or contact Uncle Lou here on the BEAST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaveT1963 is paying admission for 1 person to attend any one of my 2016 deer scouting clinics 8-) Thanks Dave!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moderator Stanley and member Woodswalker have donated $145 !!!! 8-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Muddy has donated a vintage broadhead collection

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member Moarcher88 has donated 2 new in box Outdoor edge knives

jmaas07
500 Club

Re: 2016 big buck contest

Unread postby jmaas07 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:12 am

I'm in

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:14 am

IN
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
ruttnhrd

Unread postby ruttnhrd » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:20 am

I'm in! I would also be interested in donating a prize.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:21 am

In

Motivated
500 Club

Unread postby Motivated » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:23 am

In

Work hard, stay humble, be kind.
BA-IV

Unread postby BA-IV » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:27 am

In

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:28 am

I'm in.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
thwack16
500 Club

Unread postby thwack16 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:38 am

In
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:41 am

I'm in :L:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dutch