Dan's new stand and sticks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DUCKS2525

Re: Dan's new stand and sticks

Unread postby DUCKS2525 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:01 am

dan wrote:
JakeB wrote:Are you shooting to have them ready to sell sometime this season or likely not until spring?

Sticks yes, stands probably not.

Dan, is the size of the platform full size like the LW Alfa (19.5" x 30") or more like the LW Assault (19.5" x 26")? Thanks man! Love your talks on Down South Podcast!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:30 pm

DUCKS2525 wrote:Dan, is the size of the platform full size like the LW Alfa (19.5" x 30") or more like the LW Assault (19.5" x 26")? Thanks man! Love your talks on Down South Podcast!

The 1st stand im designing is a small one similar if size to the assault, meant to be a mobile stand to get into any tree / situation... A bigger design will eventually come.
G.Tubbs
Facebook: /greg.tubbs.7

Unread postby G.Tubbs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:12 am

:dance: :dance: :clap: Can't wait to see what your cookin!
dan wrote:
DUCKS2525 wrote:Dan, is the size of the platform full size like the LW Alfa (19.5" x 30") or more like the LW Assault (19.5" x 26")? Thanks man! Love your talks on Down South Podcast!

The 1st stand im designing is a small one similar if size to the assault, meant to be a mobile stand to get into any tree / situation... A bigger design will eventually come.
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 am

Hows this all coming along Dan? I’m sure with season you’ve been busy.
Earn what’s never given.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:42 am

wolfie729 wrote:Hows this all coming along Dan? I’m sure with season you’ve been busy.

Waiting on legal, and tweaking the stand design.
Harvestor
Facebook: www.facebook.com/commongroundbowhunter

Unread postby Harvestor » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:31 pm

dan wrote:
wolfie729 wrote:Hows this all coming along Dan? I’m sure with season you’ve been busy.

Waiting on legal, and tweaking the stand design.

I am sure you have thought about this but please be sure to get product liability insurance for this and preferably set up an LLC, if you haven't already, to separate your business pursuits from your personal assets. This will probably have to go through an surplus lines market and they aren't cheap, so it should be factored into production cost and price. Sorry, I know that is boring discussion in a thread about a cool stand, its just the insurance agent coming out in me, I can't help it, and I would hate for something unfortunate to happen and all the years of hard work lost to lawyers and court rooms- the age we live in nowadays....
Treewalker87

Unread postby Treewalker87 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Dan,

By any chance will the new sticks be able to accommodate the "rope mod" or a step aider like many have done with LW or XOP sticks? This is of course a hypothetical question, just want to know if it is possible (in theory). For insurance reasons, I know you wouldn't recommend it...
Dabowhunter

Unread postby Dabowhunter » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:38 am

I love the idea of having the pegs on each side of the sticks. Only being on one side as the LW, I am feeling around for them with my feet.
Can you say where the manufacturing will be done?
BradC36

Unread postby BradC36 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:03 am

Just listened to the deer hunter podcast Dan. To be honest, if the design is that much lighter, and based on the sounds of it better, I would pay more than what a lone wolf and sticks costs, if you're worried about your price point!
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:13 am

Treewalker87 wrote:Dan,

By any chance will the new sticks be able to accommodate the "rope mod" or a step aider like many have done with LW or XOP sticks? This is of course a hypothetical question, just want to know if it is possible (in theory). For insurance reasons, I know you wouldn't recommend it...

From what I have seen first hand, they should handle a step aider with no problem.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:39 am

Jeff G wrote:

From what I have seen first hand, they should handle a step aider with no problem.

I have a 3 step aider on my bottom stick and homemade single step aiders on the rest. The standoff from the tree is a bit farther away than the Lone Wolf sticks so it makes aiders much easier to use. With my aiders I can get as high with three 24” Beast sticks as I can with four 32” LW sticks with much less weight.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 am

Dewey wrote:
Jeff G wrote:

I have a 3 step aider on my bottom stick and homemade single step aiders on the rest. The standoff from the tree is a bit farther away than the Lone Wolf sticks so it makes aiders much easier to use. With my aiders I can get as high with three 24” Beast sticks as I can with four 32” LW sticks with much less weight.

:o Tease!!!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:13 am

Dabowhunter wrote:I love the idea of having the pegs on each side of the sticks. Only being on one side as the LW, I am feeling around for them with my feet.
Can you say where the manufacturing will be done?

Right now we are negotiating making them where I work. But legal is checking on liability, and has not given us an answer yet.
Rotty95
Facebook: Shawn Bell

Unread postby Rotty95 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:14 am

I'm new to the group has these stands taken off yet
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Rotty95 wrote:I'm new to the group has these stands taken off yet

There set to release late summer.