Dan's new stand and sticks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Vtbowhunter3

Re: Dan's new stand and sticks

Unread postby Vtbowhunter3 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:43 am

Any pictures of the sticks yet?

nor' easter

Unread postby nor' easter » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:54 am

There are some earlier in this post I believe.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:01 am

Vtbowhunter3 wrote:Any pictures of the sticks yet?

We are not showing the final version till just before release.
braveheart

Unread postby braveheart » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:25 pm

dan wrote:

Dan,
It's exciting to think that Beasts will be 1st in line to buy a run & gun outfit that is lightweight, strong and quiet. Any ideas of how many will be available in the first run, and how fast can you make them?
A never ending quest for knowledge and absorption of nature through hunting.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:27 pm

braveheart wrote:
dan wrote:

Dan,
It's exciting to think that Beasts will be 1st in line to buy a run & gun outfit that is lightweight, strong and quiet. Any ideas of how many will be available in the first run, and how fast can you make them?

A lot of people don't understand the headaches of making a new product. Its tough. My 1st order is going to try and cover everyone that wants a set. "try" being the key word. Its a big investment. We are dumping the profits right back in to get this up and rolling. At 1st there might be waits, but if everything takes off it should smooth out eventually. My prediction is that after people get them, try them, and start spreading the word about how well they work and how light they are, the sticks will take off like crazy. Predictions are a scary thing though. You never know for sure, and Im not that well off to risk making a ton of product and having to sit on it. My 1st quotes are for making 500 to 1000 sticks. I will likely take pre-orders just before ordering the 1st batch of machined parts so I know we get everyone who wants a set bad enough to pre-order covered. There is a waiting period on making the extrusion molds once I say go, then there is a machine and coatings time to get them done, then they have to be assembled. Its a big undertaking to get this done in time for hunting season. Just trust me when I say I want to get these done fast as much as you.
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 pm

it's a huge undertaking when your doing this at your level
I know first hand how much is involved for this type of project
the biggest issue to all of this is the wait times they can be a killer always seems it doesn't go fast enough

thanks Dan looking forward to the end results
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:42 pm

dan wrote:

Can i see it tomorrow? Pleaaaaaaaaseeee??????
Lmao. Im kidding. Id love too though
Last edited by Rob loper on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:45 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:
dan wrote:

Can i see it tomorrow? Pleaaaaaaaaseeee??????

Ok... But you have to wear a blind fold :lol:
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby UofLbowhunter » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:26 am

dan wrote:
braveheart wrote:
dan wrote:

Dan,

A lot of people don't understand the headaches of making a new product. Its tough. My 1st order is going to try and cover everyone that wants a set. "try" being the key word. Its a big investment. We are dumping the profits right back in to get this up and rolling. At 1st there might be waits, but if everything takes off it should smooth out eventually. My prediction is that after people get them, try them, and start spreading the word about how well they work and how light they are, the sticks will take off like crazy. Predictions are a scary thing though. You never know for sure, and Im not that well off to risk making a ton of product and having to sit on it. My 1st quotes are for making 500 to 1000 sticks. I will likely take pre-orders just before ordering the 1st batch of machined parts so I know we get everyone who wants a set bad enough to pre-order covered. There is a waiting period on making the extrusion molds once I say go, then there is a machine and coatings time to get them done, then they have to be assembled. Its a big undertaking to get this done in time for hunting season. Just trust me when I say I want to get these done fast as much as you.

Its always tuff to make that first leap! but im sure you will be glad you did. Im sure you will sell many! “Your” confidence in your design will make the the product sell! It has me sold i will buy one hopefully on the first batch, maybe , but i will have a setup for sure! Good Luck! Waiting patiently ;) !
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:36 am

Dewey wrote:
dan wrote:
GoInLight wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:A true 8 pound stand that is between 29-30 inches long by 20-24 inches wide and is stable, would be the holy grail of tree stands!

Yes it would! I think if there's a limited number at first, Dan should give us first shot at ordering. Just a thought. :D

Beasts always come 1st!!! :D The proto-type is just a hair under 8 pounds, but some mods might put the weight slightly over 8 pounds... We will see. Im taking weight off of some areas and adding it in others. Might be a wash.

The sticks are really light too. ;) Dewey, did you weigh your sticks?

Here are the official weights on my digital scale.....

Four 32" Lone Wolf sticks with straps, Stealth Strips and Yak Grips on buckles=11.4 lbs.

Four 26" double step prototype Beast sticks with straps and Yak Grips on buckles=9.2 lbs.

Also weighed my current setup Lone Wolf Alpha with one strap, Yak Grip, Stealth Strips, Third Hand Bow Holder, Claw Straps, Molle waist belt, Stick Talons and Hunt Comfort Seat. The total weight surprised me at 16.6 lbs making the total package weight including my LW sticks at exactly 28 lbs. :o

Has me thinking a bare bones Beast stand and 4 Beast sticks is looking pretty darn good at just over 17 lbs. Even with straps and other basic accessories it will still easily be under 20 lbs.

Hey Dewey,

Thanks for the info on your setup.

When you refer to "claw straps" is that the claw brand gun sling you've modified into backpack straps or are there actually claw straps you're using for backpack straps?
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:38 am

Dpierce72 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
dan wrote:
GoInLight wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:A true 8 pound stand that is between 29-30 inches long by 20-24 inches wide and is stable, would be the holy grail of tree stands!

Yes it would! I think if there's a limited number at first, Dan should give us first shot at ordering. Just a thought. :D

Beasts always come 1st!!! :D The proto-type is just a hair under 8 pounds, but some mods might put the weight slightly over 8 pounds... We will see. Im taking weight off of some areas and adding it in others. Might be a wash.

Four 32" Lone Wolf sticks with straps, Stealth Strips and Yak Grips on buckles=11.4 lbs.

Four 26" double step prototype Beast sticks with straps and Yak Grips on buckles=9.2 lbs.

Also weighed my current setup Lone Wolf Alpha with one strap, Yak Grip, Stealth Strips, Third Hand Bow Holder, Claw Straps, Molle waist belt, Stick Talons and Hunt Comfort Seat. The total weight surprised me at 16.6 lbs making the total package weight including my LW sticks at exactly 28 lbs. :o

Has me thinking a bare bones Beast stand and 4 Beast sticks is looking pretty darn good at just over 17 lbs. Even with straps and other basic accessories it will still easily be under 20 lbs.

Hey Dewey,

When you refer to "claw straps" is that the claw brand gun sling you've modified into backpack straps or are there actually claw straps you're using for backpack straps?

Claw makes shoulder straps for treestands too.
Dpierce72
500 Club

Unread postby Dpierce72 » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:13 am

Okay thanks!
"Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make your a better person." ~Fred Bear
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:13 am

Dpierce72 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
dan wrote:
GoInLight wrote:

Hey Dewey,

Would it be feasible to make a stand that adheres to a lower weight limit? For example, could you make a much lighter stand that is for smaller guys...at say a 200 pound weight limit instead of 350? Or is there just not that much of a difference and you could never get TMA approval?

How hard would it be to get a non-TMA approved stand like that made? Assuming a person would sign liability waivers? Just curious..
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:14 am

mheichelbech wrote:Would it be feasible to make a stand that adheres to a lower weight limit? For example, could you make a much lighter stand that is for smaller guys...at say a 200 pound weight limit instead of 350? Or is there just not that much of a difference and you could never get TMA approval?

How hard would it be to get a non-TMA approved stand like that made? Assuming a person would sign liability waivers? Just curious..

I can help you with that question

It is not really feasible for two reasons

First, the amount of material difference between the versions is minimal so it will not be significantly different in weight

Second, two versions twice the cost of development and maintaining inventory

As for your last question make your own

Unless your a machinist with access to machines it is very expensive to do as a one off and properly designed

Hope this helps, I've done this for other things, so I am familiar with what it takes to get his project going
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
mheichelbech
500 Club
Facebook: mheichelbech@gmail.com

Unread postby mheichelbech » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:40 am

EdC wrote:
mheichelbech wrote:Would it be feasible to make a stand that adheres to a lower weight limit? For example, could you make a much lighter stand that is for smaller guys...at say a 200 pound weight limit instead of 350? Or is there just not that much of a difference and you could never get TMA approval?

I can help you with that question

It is not really feasible for two reasons

First, the amount of material difference between the versions is minimal so it will not be significantly different in weight

Second, two versions twice the cost of development and maintaining inventory

As for your last question make your own

Unless your a machinist with access to machines it is very expensive to do as a one off and properly designed

Hope this helps, I've done this for other things, so I am familiar with what it takes to get his project going

Kind of what I figured. Especially a cast stand.
"One of the chief attractions of the life of the wilderness is its rugged and stalwart democracy; there every man stands for what he actually is and can show himself to be." — Theodore Roosevelt, 1893

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”