**LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckbreath

Re: **LIVE FROM THE FIELD - 2017**

Postby Buckbreath » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:42 pm

I will be out tomorrow for the last couple hours of daylight. It's very cold here. The deer should be headed to the fields early.

tgreeno
500 Club

Postby tgreeno » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:54 pm

Dewey wrote:So anybody sitting in a tree in WI today. :mrgreen:

Hope your wearing a safety harness. :o

Not in a tree, but on the ground. I tucked in the edge of a partially cut corn field, adjacent to marsh bedding. I still can't believe nothing came out to feed. 35 degree temp change from yesterday.

Well, there's always tomorrow!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
blackwidow

Postby blackwidow » Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:33 pm

Heading out to some public in the morning. Anything older than a fawn is gonna be fair game.
Net Guy

Postby Net Guy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Saw 2 people get knocked over by the wind in downtown milwaukee today when they rounded a corner of a building. Shouldn't laugh, but it was pretty funny :lol: It's always windy down here, and the buildings create the nastiest wind tunnels.

They said 60 mph gust in Milwaukee on the news at noon.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. I'm on the first floor of a shorter building and you can feel the gusts when they hit

Doesn't look much better for the wind conditions tomorrow either. Sucked the big one driving over the Hoan bridge today on my way to Madison. Have to do it again tomorrow. :shock: On the bright side, I got killer gas mileage on the way home from Madison though! :dance:
Jonny
500 Club

Postby Jonny » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Net Guy wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Saw 2 people get knocked over by the wind in downtown milwaukee today when they rounded a corner of a building. Shouldn't laugh, but it was pretty funny :lol: It's always windy down here, and the buildings create the nastiest wind tunnels.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. I'm on the first floor of a shorter building and you can feel the gusts when they hit

Doesn't look much better for the wind conditions tomorrow either. Sucked the big one driving over the Hoan bridge today on my way to Madison. Have to do it again tomorrow. :shock: On the bright side, I got killer gas mileage on the way home from Madison though! :dance:

Just put it in neutral and steer? :lol:
"Get busy living or get busy dying"
Net Guy

Postby Net Guy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm

Jonny wrote:
Net Guy wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Just put it in neutral and steer? :lol:

Yep, and used the brake some to slow the wind down. :lol:
feutza
500 Club

Postby feutza » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:04 pm

Yea this high winds in Wisconsin decided to send my ground blind for a ride :oops: I guess I’ll
Be buying more stakes
Wannabelikedan

Postby Wannabelikedan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 am

Sitting same spot I shot my doe early this season. Looking to add another or 2 to the freezer. Hopefully the hogs have left enough acorns. If not, still a good spot to catch some second wind rut action.
Wannabelikedan

Postby Wannabelikedan » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:35 am

Freezer addition

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Postby justdirtyfun » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:49 am

Congrats
vtbuck
500 Club

Postby vtbuck » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:20 am

Nice job wannabelikedan! Congrats!
blackwidow

Postby blackwidow » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:45 pm

Well I didn't have much luck this morning. Never saw a deer. But I did see an otter come through the woods behind me. Usually see this once or twice per season. After hunting, I climbed down and checked out some pretty good looking rut sign and found a fresh track that was decent sized. Also found some decent sized rubs and some more beds. I'm gonna try to whack a doe on private in the morning hopefully, then it will be on to trapping and scouting.
Jackson Marsh

Postby Jackson Marsh » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Wannabelikedan wrote:Freezer addition

Awesome!
tgreeno
500 Club

Postby tgreeno » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Another goose egg for me tonight.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Jdaukontas

Postby Jdaukontas » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:54 am

Hitting an old apple orchard tonight that has cow paths (from the deer :lol: ) running through it. Haven't been in there at all this year except for a speed scouting expedition two weeks ago. Hopefully I can put something in the freezer. Past on a spike last night, first time in that set up. Come bow next year, this spot will be dynamite for Rut action...wind was my biggest concern but last night taught me a lot. Good luck to all those still grinding!!!

Return to “Deer Hunting”