Horizontal rub year#3

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rancher43

Re: Horizontal rub year#3

Unread postby Rancher43 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:19 am

Hmmmmmm, gonna give this a try this year. Just watched a YouTube video and read an article on how to do it.

Wannabelikedan
500 Club

Unread postby Wannabelikedan » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:51 pm

tim wrote:Year #1 after getting lots of bucks on cam the cam decided to fail when a buck destroyed the rub and flipped it over and ripped it off the tree
Year #2 after getting lots of buck pics the batteries died in cam so I moved the cam, once again another buck demolished the rub and broke it from the posts and it ended up on the ground and useless
Year #3 current..... camera in place fully functional/ lithium batteries. Time will tell . On a side note I also placed a mock scrape with overhanging rope for "licking branch" within 30 yards to see how they take to it.
Not trying to pattern deer here just taking inventory and see what/if they get used

How did it go this year Tim?
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible.... Learning is making it possible for yourself.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:02 pm

wonder if you just bent a 2 in tree over and tied it too another tree with 550 cord if I could get some action. my game laws said I cant drive a screw or spike into a tree they never said anything about bending it down and tying it off.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
peteinvermont

Unread postby peteinvermont » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:11 am

I was skeptical, and didn't think it would work where I hunt. However, there's a signpost rub on an 8" maple near my house that blew over this year. It snapped on the trunk right at the top of the rub in July. By the end of October, they had rubbed both the vertical piece, and the horizontal piece.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:15 am

Add dripper to rope and you will get every buck in neighborhood from Oct 15-Dec ish
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
swampyak
500 Club

Unread postby swampyak » Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:14 am

Bucky wrote:Add dripper to rope and you will get every buck in neighborhood from Oct 15-Dec ish

Anyone ever try adding waxed dirt under the rope ;)
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:47 pm

I didn’t add anything and had just about every buck around at it. Including the mature buck I killed. Got 1 video of him and it was at the mock scrape with rope overhanging . No scents
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 pm

I think he was the only one I didn’t have at the horizontal rub. And he wasn’t on any other cam either

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”