Bad card pull. Would anyone not report this?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Jonny
500 Club

Re: Bad card pull. Would anyone not report this?

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 am

Whitetailaddict wrote:
dan wrote:My bet is its a poacher... I would just forward the pic to the local warden and move on... Can you post the pic?

It's been a while since I've posted any pics. I thought i had to do it from my profile before but things may have changed. Any help?

Have photo saved somewhere you can find it. Google post image. Upload your photo. Copy the direct link (its given) 2nd option. Come back here and in your post insert the link. Hit the mountain and sun button. You will want something like this

[img]paste%20direct%20link%20here[/img]

You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:45 am

bowfreak8 wrote:I've heard some horror stories of Native Americans just wiping out animals and using any means necessary.

Plenty of our kind have done the same. Let's not lump all Native Americans together. Just like us they have bad apples among them as well. We have a few of the good ones that are members here and are great guys. Lets keep this thread respectful for their sake.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:52 am

Dewey wrote:
bowfreak8 wrote:I've heard some horror stories of Native Americans just wiping out animals and using any means necessary.

Plenty of our kind have done the same. Let's not lump all Native Americans together. Just like us they have bad apples among them as well. We have a few of the good ones that are members here and are great guys. Lets keep this thread respectful for their sake.

I wanted to say something along the same lines, but couldn't think of a nice way to say it so didn't say anything. Well said Dewey.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:00 am

Making racist comments seems like the adult thing to do. I am an enrolled native american and I don't hunt at night, I don't hunt on anyone else's land and I practice fair chase. Yes I can start hunting earlier than the state season, yes I can use a gun or a bow, yes I can hunt longer than the state season. No I can't take as many deer or bear and I see fit. 1 Bear, 2 deer. You can get more tags through the state than you can get on the reservation. Most native hunters I know don't shoot to leave animals waisting in the woods. Everyone makes bad shots and lose animals, I think we've seen enough of those posts on here for both bear and deer by non natives. My advice if you don't like the laws or don't like natives is to buy your own piece of private land and use it how you see fit. I don't know anything about natives being able to hunt on someone else's private land but down here in shawano county that is not allowed.

Running Bear - I mean Rene.
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:14 pm

natvbearhntr wrote:Making racist comments seems like the adult thing to do. I am an enrolled native american and I don't hunt at night, I don't hunt on anyone else's land and I practice fair chase. Yes I can start hunting earlier than the state season, yes I can use a gun or a bow, yes I can hunt longer than the state season. No I can't take as many deer or bear and I see fit. 1 Bear, 2 deer. You can get more tags through the state than you can get on the reservation. Most native hunters I know don't shoot to leave animals waisting in the woods. Everyone makes bad shots and lose animals, I think we've seen enough of those posts on here for both bear and deer by non natives. My advice if you don't like the laws or don't like natives is to buy your own piece of private land and use it how you see fit. I don't know anything about natives being able to hunt on someone else's private land but down here in shawano county that is not allowed.

Running Bear - I mean Rene.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
GoInLight

Unread postby GoInLight » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:00 am

I'm not trying to stir things up, but why do native Americans get special hunting rights in Wisconsin? They might where I'm from too, but I've never heard of it. That seems odd to me.
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:03 am

It was done when treaties were signed with the government. I don't necessarily agree with all the treaties between the tribes and the state but until it is changed I will follow the rule for hunting that apply to me. Just like I think any of us would.
MDSikajunkie

Unread postby MDSikajunkie » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:30 am

This is a very energized topic........

The US government took their lands sent them to reservations and basically tried to strip them of their cultural identity.

To me it is very scary that our forefathers thought this was a good idea...................

I for one believe we do a disservice to our original "First Nation " people.

I don't agree with some of the laws regarding the taking of game. But that is too lengthy to get into.

And from my personal experience Native American people from both US and Canada have been honest and kind people.

I am sure anyone can say they have met a few people from all races and cultures the represent the great majority poorly.

If it's not illegal no reason to too fired up!

You did the right thing notifying the DNR and getting the information.

Sorry for your brother, hope he can get out somewhere with less pressure and tag a good deer.

And thanks for chiming in bearhntr!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 am

natvbearhntr wrote:It was done when treaties were signed with the government. I don't necessarily agree with all the treaties between the tribes and the state but until it is changed I will follow the rule for hunting that apply to me. Just like I think any of us would.

I agree, I was a little saddened by the conclusion it was "an indian" too... I wouldn't go as far to call it racist, but would recommend people look into it a little better before assuming a certain group did it...

I have been in native territory, and hear the locals who tend to blame Natives for all there hunting problems when really its probably not. Most of the Natives I run into up around black river falls are great guys, everyone I have had problems with, threatened by, etc. Has always been white. Thats not to say there aint bad natives, but there are bad and good on both sides.

Nothing wrong with shooting your allotted deer as long as you follow your tribes laws. People spread rumors and believe you get unlimited tags and such. State laws very greatly too, and effect you more than Native laws effect us. CWD kill em all laws, stupid doe gun seasons, etc.

My advice to you, and everyone else is to think before you type. No one wants to be singled out, especially when the evidence is some guy said "its those people" Even if its a native, its a poacher, not a group or race of people... And, lets try not to be overly offended by an ignorant remark, and try to just explain and educate.

I probably should of said something when I saw the comments directed at Natives to begin with.... Not that it matters, but my great Grandmother was a Menominee. Its watered down and don't show much in me, but you could really see it in my father.
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 am

I would report...its the wardens job to figure it out
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:55 am

Before any of us type an opinion about native Americans. Try to remember where the Native Americans came from and where the rest of the Americans came from. No I'm not Native American just another descendant of an immigrant that came to America. Be kind to all humans as you would want them to be kind to you.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:49 pm

dan wrote:
natvbearhntr wrote:It was done when treaties were signed with the government. I don't necessarily agree with all the treaties between the tribes and the state but until it is changed I will follow the rule for hunting that apply to me. Just like I think any of us would.

I agree, I was a little saddened by the conclusion it was "an indian" too... I wouldn't go as far to call it racist, but would recommend people look into it a little better before assuming a certain group did it...

I have been in native territory, and hear the locals who tend to blame Natives for all there hunting problems when really its probably not. Most of the Natives I run into up around black river falls are great guys, everyone I have had problems with, threatened by, etc. Has always been white. Thats not to say there aint bad natives, but there are bad and good on both sides.

Nothing wrong with shooting your allotted deer as long as you follow your tribes laws. People spread rumors and believe you get unlimited tags and such. State laws very greatly too, and effect you more than Native laws effect us. CWD kill em all laws, stupid doe gun seasons, etc.

My advice to you, and everyone else is to think before you type. No one wants to be singled out, especially when the evidence is some guy said "its those people" Even if its a native, its a poacher, not a group or race of people... And, lets try not to be overly offended by an ignorant remark, and try to just explain and educate.

I probably should of said something when I saw the comments directed at Natives to begin with.... Not that it matters, but my great Grandmother was a Menominee. Its watered down and don't show much in me, but you could really see it in my father.

Now I know why you like to shine so much :lol:
natvbearhntr
500 Club

Unread postby natvbearhntr » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:01 pm

I don't have a problem with the OP saying the guy on camera was native. I just didn't think it was right to start saying tatanka or posting kevin costner crawling around like a buffalo trying to communicate with natives in the movie. I understand there are serious problems with natives shinning and shooting in norther WI and I will discuss it with anyone that wants to talk respectfully about it. I will also answer any questions anyone has about me or my tribe and our hunting rights.
bowfreak8
500 Club

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:15 pm

My comment wasn’t a shot against Native Americans. It’s more an issue with the different rules they are able to abide by. It’s never a good idea to allow anyone unlimed tags or questionable methods of harvest. I personally don’t deal with this issue. My issue is mainly white male rednecks that think they don’t have to follow any hunting regulations and shoot deer at night with a rifle. I’m also a white mail so no racism in that comment.
Findian
500 Club

Unread postby Findian » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:51 pm

When in doubt always call it in. A couple years ago I registered a buck I shot early season the issuing agent wrote down what type of vehicle,color and lic plate number I had down for the sole purpose to let law enforcement officers know. It was just incase someone said there could be a possible case of poaching. For the most part tribes keep very good records of what we harvest. It's all so we don't over harvest.

I bet most didn't know that the spearing of walleye is regulated to target small male walleyes, not the big fat female walleyes all the sports anglers like to keep.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”