Unreal! !!!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Unreal! !!!

Unread postby dan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:17 am

The doe I shot this year, we gutted her and dragged for 5 or 10 minutes and heard them going off on the gut pile... A guy at work shot a doe on film, it ran into a thicket and rand back out with coyotes on it immediately. He shot one of them. Doe died in front of him and would of for sure been eaten if it kept going the way it was.

Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:11 am

It sounds like everyone has coyote problems, lol.
I got this Doe right behind my house.
A few years ago I had a couple beagles running loose and they went to barking one morning about daylight. I grabbed a rifle and went outside.
They got right at my feet and kept barking towards the woods. I started walking the direction they were barking. I walked about 300 yards to the edge of a holler. About that time they went running over the hill, crossed the holler and started up the other hillside. Two coyotes came running down the other hill and met them about halfway up. They all got tangled up and rolled back to the bottom. They disappeared for a minute in the bottom of a dry creek bed.
The male beagle came running to my feet and was still barking like crazy.
I didn't know where the female beagle was at the time but assumed she was dead.
One of the coyotes came for the male at my feet and got within 10 feet of me as I was trying to find him in the scope. He suddenly realized I was there, turned inside out and kicked in the afterburners.
I never got off a shot.
I walked back to the house and found the female covered from one end to the other with coyote slobber. She barked at everything that moved for the next couple weeks. She thought there was a coyote behind every tree.
:violence-bowandarrow:
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 am

I have heard stories from guys on big leases here in Tx that a rifle shot is like a dinner bell. As soon as they squeeze the trigger yotes start howling and moving in. I'm infested with coyotes but have never had a problem with them getting on my deer and I often leave em overnight. Crazy story man, atleast not all was lost
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:20 am

Wow... That is crazy. We have em bad on the private but guys keep em in check pretty good on the public I hunt.
wiscbowhntr
500 Club

Unread postby wiscbowhntr » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:27 am

Let a trapper know yhe location and they will take care of the problem!
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:43 am

WOW that’s crazy fast. If you left one overnight there is would be nothing left.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:50 am

I don't know of any trappers around here anymore. I used to trap. Looks like I may need to wax up some traps.
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:24 am

:twisted:

That is crazy how fast they found her.
IkemanTx
500 Club

Unread postby IkemanTx » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:57 am

Boogieman1 wrote:I have heard stories from guys on big leases here in Tx that a rifle shot is like a dinner bell. As soon as they squeeze the trigger yotes start howling and moving in. I'm infested with coyotes but have never had a problem with them getting on my deer and I often leave em overnight. Crazy story man, atleast not all was lost

A little predator hunting shuts them up quick!
Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
Kevin2

Unread postby Kevin2 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:23 am

I just put a special arrow in my quiver for yotes. Got one last year while deer hunting, and while I hope I don't see any this year, if I do I'm ready.

Sorry to hear about your doe.

I started hunting to try and control OR eliminate them from my hunting grounds about 8 years ago after seeing them on deer cameras. Killed several. If I lived near my hunting grounds, I'd take my trapping gear out, but you have to check those every day. They are some nasty critters.
"Hunt and let Hunt" my new saying...
Killtree

Unread postby Killtree » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:06 pm

Not so funny now is it!!!!
Snared a double last night at some fence crossings not too far from where my Doe got ate.
Net Guy
500 Club

Unread postby Net Guy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:23 pm

8-)
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:31 pm

shoot one in jersey and the bears will have it buried in half hour more than once I've had to fight with the stinking bears for my deer lol
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:52 pm

Killtree wrote:It sounds like everyone has coyote problems, lol.
I got this Doe right behind my house.
A few years ago I had a couple beagles running loose and they went to barking one morning about daylight. I grabbed a rifle and went outside.
They got right at my feet and kept barking towards the woods. I started walking the direction they were barking. I walked about 300 yards to the edge of a holler. About that time they went running over the hill, crossed the holler and started up the other hillside. Two coyotes came running down the other hill and met them about halfway up. They all got tangled up and rolled back to the bottom. They disappeared for a minute in the bottom of a dry creek bed.
The male beagle came running to my feet and was still barking like crazy.
I didn't know where the female beagle was at the time but assumed she was dead.
One of the coyotes came for the male at my feet and got within 10 feet of me as I was trying to find him in the scope. He suddenly realized I was there, turned inside out and kicked in the afterburners.
I never got off a shot.
I walked back to the house and found the female covered from one end to the other with coyote slobber. She barked at everything that moved for the next couple weeks. She thought there was a coyote behind every tree.

Wow thats crazy. Ive heard of coyotes attacking small dogs while people are walking them. They seem to be very aggressive in certain areas
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:06 pm

we had 3 small dogs disappear from my dads lake community this year I think it might have been yotes. I also find dead cats all the time in woods behind houses its either yotes or foxes.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”