Guidance needed!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jdaukontas

Guidance needed!

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:31 am

I laid eyes on the buck I have been chasing for three years today, same one I went after opening morning. He was in a tiny stretch of woods and golden rod right off the main road, where we knew he was. The wind is impossible to get in there, so we made a soft push today and he came out. All I could see was his head and he looked right at me while trotting through the woods, before busting out and crossing the street. No shots were taken at him and he was with a doe that went the other direction and crossed the field. Both have lived, do you think he will come back? This is his core area for sure, will he relocate? Should I let it cool down or go right back in after him? Please help beasts!

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Guidance needed!

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:52 am

Let it cool down
One thing that in my experiences. Deer drives ruin hot spots and will move a buck out for some time
If not the whole rest of season
If ten people raided your house trying to kill you and ran you out of it
Try to think what you would do put yourself in his hoofs where would you go if you were him
Look at the maps where he went big swamp,marsh ?
would you go back there? No way id be scared to death
For sale sign out front, uhaul out front packing up belongings
I really think my friend pushing that piece was the worst thing that you could have done
But ive been wrong before
Go try to look for his escape routes. Go scout where he went to he gonna go somewhere he knows is safe in a pressured pinch. There is a bed there i bet
Good luck man

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”