Best Wired to Hunt Podcasts?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowfreak8
500 Club

Re: Best Wired to Hunt Podcasts?

Unread postby bowfreak8 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:42 am

Love Wired to Hunt. Mark does a great job and has a ton of great podcasts.
Also check out The Hunting Public. They focus on pretty much on all Public Hunting.

PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:47 am

Dbl
Last edited by PK_ on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:50 am

sureshotscott wrote:So they had a podcast about bed hunting

http://wiredtohunt.com/2017/12/13/100-w ... ing-areas/

but the host couldn't bring himself to mention this website when he talked about "those guys" who hunt buck beds. :roll:

He has had Dan on a couple times and has named him many times. Not sure if he has named this forum besides the episodes with Dan tho...

JoeRE is a regular contributor to the podcast and online content. As is ridgerunner7 (Andy May)
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:25 am

PK_ wrote:

but the host couldn't bring himself to mention this website when he talked about "those guys" who hunt buck beds. :roll:

He has had Dan on a couple times and has named him many times. Not sure if he has named this forum besides the episodes with Dan tho...

JoeRE is a regular contributor to the podcast and online content. As is ridgerunner7 (Andy May)

God bless you for finally giving me his name so I can find the right podcast!

Thanks brother!
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:32 pm

PK_ wrote:

You're correct, lots of HB guys have been on W2H. But the W2H guy pretty much never discloses information resources like HB, he lets guests do it. It's a disservice to the listeners.

This is the 2nd time I've heard him pull this trick. He was going on about something on Rinella's podcast several months back (well before Rinella took him to Alaska), but never disclosed he heard it on MeatEater (wonder if that got discussed?).

Not a big deal, but not cool.

And yes, I am a podcast junkie. :lol:
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:00 pm

Bedbug wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:Not a big jim shokey fan. though eberharts was good.
But he seems like he holds back somthing to me
Love him though great guy.

Lope dog. What on Earth in your time exposed to the platform of the hunting industry could you possibly have against a seasoned blistered hunter like Jim Shokey??
I'm an understanding guy when it comes to opinions.

I've gathered from your numerous irrelevant responses to almost every single post in "deer hunting" that you don't like any hunting media that supports a sponsor but just slow down a second....

You need to stop and think about the effort and time it takes to deserve any sponsor that's reaching out for a driven individuals support.

Shockey... From my own view is a beast style Hunter. Yes his intentions are clouded by the products you see him supporting but he is the kind of guy that does whatever it takes in pursuit of his hunt. The guys dedicated... been full throttle, full intent, and doing whatever it takes close to 30yrs.

I respect your opinion and hope you can consider the weight of each person's circumstance.

I don't have a problem with Jim Shockey, but I took his descriptions of still hunting and tracking with a grain of salt, especially the tracking segment. It made me immediately hope W2H would have a real tracker on.
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:26 pm

The newest W2H #194 with Duane Diefenbach is a good one. Interesting research. I particularly liked it around 36min left. Military crest? 8-)
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:40 am

Bedbug wrote:

Lope dog. What on Earth in your time exposed to the platform of the hunting industry could you possibly have against a seasoned blistered hunter like Jim Shokey??

I've gathered from your numerous irrelevant responses to almost every single post in "deer hunting" that you don't like any hunting media that supports a sponsor but just slow down a second....

You need to stop and think about the effort and time it takes to deserve any sponsor that's reaching out for a driven individuals support.

Shockey... From my own view is a beast style Hunter. Yes his intentions are clouded by the products you see him supporting but he is the kind of guy that does whatever it takes in pursuit of his hunt. The guys dedicated... been full throttle, full intent, and doing whatever it takes close to 30yrs.

I respect your opinion and hope you can consider the weight of each person's circumstance.

jim shockey i respect where he came from but not where he is i do not dislike jim shokey im just not a fan of him
sorry MR bedbug but its my opinion and to me im entitled to it
also i really dont want to debate or argue with you since you are obviously oblivious to the marketing ploys or shaded (like you state in your response) to me and also my opinion must not be your priority to respect either since in your opinion all my responses in our forum are irrelevant to you like im some kind of idiot on here ranting which i know you did not state but stated in polite and unoffensive way to make you shine
to me that statement just doesnt make sense since im a new member and ive been asking questions to learn new tactics sorry if im new and not as educated as you
also i mis worded my statement about jim shockey
im not a big fan of the commercial hunting industry jim shockey is not the only one ruining our traditions and the list of sellout names are endless
if you open your eyes it will show you how they brainwash the public (Average Joe) into buying or need a certain products in order too shoot a monster buck or plant a certain seed to grow your deer etc
im not going to argue im just stating my opinion and i respect you for being a jim shockey fan
and to me jim shockey running around on 20,000.00$ hunts in montanna ,africa,or new zealand with a 2000$ dollar a day guides who rarely speak english is the farthest from beast hunting ive ever seen and dont ever want to learn and also in my opinion disrespects dan infalt and some others on this forum by the knowledge passed on ,,hard work , and time he and a lot of other guys on here have put in to show the world and hunting industry that you don't need certain calls lures bows guns etc to kill a mature buck in many different social media platforms too
Dan infalt and others on here give hope and inspires us that anyone with the right knowledge and drive can kill a mature buck anywhere but again just my own irrelevant opinion but if you want to bash me and make me look uneducated or idiotic with my so called irrelevant responses or questions so be it, have at it i have fought worse battles in my life sir bedbug stay safe and good luck the rest of your year thank you also for your opinion too
merry xmas and happy new year my friend
JoeRE
500 Club

Unread postby JoeRE » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:23 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Bedbug wrote:

jim shockey i respect where he came from but not where he is i do not dislike jim shokey im just not a fan of him
also i really dont want to debate or argue with you since you are obviously oblivious to the marketing ploys or shaded (like you state in your response) to me and also my opinion must not be your priority to respect either since in your opinion all my responses in our forum are irrelevant to you like im some kind of idiot on here ranting which i know you did not state but stated in polite and unoffensive way to make you shine
to me that statement just doesnt make sense since im a new member and ive been asking questions to learn new tactics sorry if im new and not as educated as you
im not a big fan of the commercial hunting industry jim shockey is not the only one ruining our traditions and the list of sellout names are endless
if you open your eyes it will show you how they brainwash the public (Average Joe) into buying or need a certain products in order too shoot a monster buck or plant a certain seed to grow your deer etc
im not going to argue im just stating my opinion and i respect you for being a jim shockey fan
and to me jim shockey running around on 20,000.00$ hunts in montanna ,africa,or new zealand with a 2000$ dollar a day guides who rarely speak english is the farthest from beast hunting ive ever seen and dont ever want to learn and also in my opinion disrespects dan infalt and some others on this forum by the knowledge passed on ,,hard work , and time he and a lot of other guys on here have put in to show the world and hunting industry that you don't need certain calls lures bows guns etc to kill a mature buck in many different social media platforms too
Dan infalt and others on here give hope and inspires us that anyone with the right knowledge and drive can kill a mature buck anywhere but again just my own irrelevant opinion but if you want to bash me and make me look uneducated or idiotic with my so called irrelevant responses or questions so be it, have at it i have fought worse battles in my life sir bedbug stay safe and good luck the rest of your year thank you also for your opinion too

Yep lets keep it respectful fellas....or go hang out on AT.

As a side note, I never had a problem with Jim Shockey until I saw this video of a canned bison hunt he did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwqMkjYjmtw. I still like what he says most of the time when I hear him, but can't really get that out of my mind. Just to be clear its not the airbow that bothers me, its the canned hunt.

Anyway as far as wiredtohunt a lot of good ones have been named. I like Mark and Dan, that's one reason I have done anything with W2H in the first place. Yes they do have some celebrity hunters and I am glad of it - because if you listen to them everyone can realize the only thing that many of them have that others don't is a bunch of prime hunting land (not deer hunting knowledge). Mark just puts the info out there and the listeners can figure out who knows anything about the art of hunting after they talk for an hour or two. I like that.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:54 am

thnks. Man. Your so right about the pro’s in interviews. Alot of them have not much deer knowledge at all
Mark does an excellent job and his partner too sometimes exposing how tbey are and unknowledgable they really are with deer
Did you realize it is 150 k to 350k to have a tv show
For 30 minutes. So really the investors on the shows are not gonna want misses or unsuccessful hunts on the air thats y they are very rate to see on air
And the pretty little blond with her husband which i wont name ( the crush ) half dressed with boobies hanging out of a jacketthree sizes too small pants botoxed lips with full face makeup airbrushed on eyeshadow,lipstick,coverup etc isnt a marketing ploy? Dam right it is. She is a pretty little thing i will admit but what bull crap. Lol
So my point is. Tv hunting is so commercialized to sell somthing its unrealistic
Names on shows are sold like products
It’s like any kid and sports icons. My son plays basketball and is a lebron james fan ( which i am too). But i refuse to buy my son a pair of 250$ sneakers to play basketball
The nikes for 100$ he has doesn’t disadvantage him at all over the labron sneakers just like jim shockey or others on tv that are using a certain gun or bow to shoot with
you dam right he gonna say the name of it and what arrows bullets are used with them. To make you believe you need them to be successful Its the ugly side of industry which people are given false hopes and knowledge about you need this to kill this. It drives me nutts. Jim shockey just one of many sellouts on tv
Is he a great hunter? yea he is but. I can name alot of them as we all can would i do what jim shockey has taken advantage of. No i wouldnt its not me
Can he do the same thing on public property mid week of gun season in any high pressured state. No he cant. His but gonna find a lease or a huge piece of private somehow just like the rest of us
Shame though its on a road like many things in the world that eventually in the future you are gonna have to be a millionaire or own thousands of acres to deer hunt
Lets hope and pray this never happens
Merry christmas. My bros.
Once again just my opinion. Lol. Which is irrelevant. Lol
Wapiti

Unread postby Wapiti » Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:59 am

Dan's, Don Higgins, JoeRE, RidgeRunner7, Adam Hays

Would really like to see WTH or the Beast Podcast land Andrae for one...
Bedbug

Unread postby Bedbug » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:04 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Bedbug wrote:

My apologies lopedog. Had no intention to "bash" you Merry Christmas to you as well.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:21 am

No problem no hard feelings at all
Be safe and well wishes to you and your family
Hope many mature buck encounters for you in the future
Hunt like a beast my brotha
SamPotter
500 Club

Unread postby SamPotter » Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:30 am

I enjoyed the culinary podcasts as much as any. Getting a deer on the ground is only part of the experience. As I type I am eating a dried venison sandwich from meat I processed myself. Never new how good a 180" buck could taste...

I only started listening to W2H earlier this fall and have been binge listening ever since. One thing I've noticed is each guest seems to have certain beliefs about deer and how to hunt them and a lot of times those beliefs are the complete opposite of another guest's. But at the same time those hunting guests are on there because they all have one thing in common: they are good at hunting and killing deer. Long story short: there's a lot of different ways to skin this cat we call deer hunting.
johndeere506
500 Club

Unread postby johndeere506 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:20 am

SamPotter wrote:I enjoyed the culinary podcasts as much as any. Getting a deer on the ground is only part of the experience. As I type I am eating a dried venison sandwich from meat I processed myself. Never new how good a 180" buck could taste...

I only started listening to W2H earlier this fall and have been binge listening ever since. One thing I've noticed is each guest seems to have certain beliefs about deer and how to hunt them and a lot of times those beliefs are the complete opposite of another guest's. But at the same time those hunting guests are on there because they all have one thing in common: they are good at hunting and killing deer. Long story short: there's a lot of different ways to skin this cat we call deer hunting.

Good call Sam, I breezed right by those culinary ones, but that would probably be really helpful to me. I need to start doing ALL of my deer myself from here on out.

Joe, thanks for posting that link of Shockey. Yikes that was terrible. Some people you just don't "like" the personality on tv (not dislike, just not like). I've never felt the want to watch his stuff, but that video probably should have been screened by his people. I like the relatable guys podcasts, but also needs to be advanced/informative enough to stay interested. Yours was excellent by the way I just listened again the other day.
The mountain one I was kind of hoping for more on, not bad but I didn't get the technical stuff I wanted from it.
Just rewatched Dan's older hills dvd, new one shows up today!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”