The worst tree you ever hunted from?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

IkemanTx
500 Club

Re: The worst tree you ever hunted from?

Unread postby IkemanTx » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:25 am

swampyak wrote:
IkemanTx wrote:Nice. I haven’t sat in a locust tree yet, but I have climbed a Hercules club (aka toothache tree).
My biggest issue with trees is that I am often in river flood plains where cottonwoods dominate. If you don’t know cottonwoods, it doesn’t take much time at all for them to be so big around that an 8 foot linesman belt won’t fit around them. Also, as they get close to that size it becomes dang near impossible to get the linesman belt up the tree. I kind of hate to say that if that’s the only tree that works, I have several times climbed to 15-20 feet without tying in until the trunk diameter narrowed.

I don't get to hunt around big cotton wood like you are talking about very often but when I do I'm at a loss for climbing 8 foot diameter trees
Any hints? You need 25 feet plus of rope or strap to get around the tree

SRT is the only thing I can think of that will make those trees work.

Go where none other dare to go, and there you'll find success.
JAK
500 Club

Re: The worst tree you ever hunted from?

Unread postby JAK » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:42 am

I had a tree me and a buddy used to film out of. it was dead but in position A we thought so we would both climb it never been so scared in my life :lol: but we did end up taking a few does from it and seen some bucks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”