Airbow? Where does it stop?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampbuck

Re: Airbow? Where does it stop?

Unread postby Swampbuck » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:07 am

I don't think it makes much difference honestly. Technology changes, people freak out but life goes on. I think it's human nature to resist change and think the old way was better. But that's just the way it is.

This thing may work out to 200 yds but I doubt it's truly effective that far. A crossbow can nail a target over 120 but past 60 it's really not effective so I doubt much would change from it

I think it is important that as things change, things are properly managed and people stay in tune with that. That is more important than the technology.

In many areas of the country there are far more animals today than there were 40 years ago before all this technology was around so long as things are managed it doesn't matter. As things change so do our mindsets so it's just a process

Make It Happen
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 am

I truly get and understand the change thing, and that's not what burns me up. Do I feel this will flood my woods with large amounts of people? No Does it drastically change a hunters odds of getting a big buck? No Will hunters believe the advertised range of 200 yards and take unethical shots? Would like to say no, but some will. What burns me up, is why is this thing called a Air Bow.... There's nothing bow about it. There's no bow, no string no nothing. It's an Arrow Gun! But they call it a bow because they are already plotting a way to cram this in archery season.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 am

Crazinamatese wrote:Fred Bear is rolling in his grave... :snooty:

Myles keller is rolling around in his jail cell. Lmao
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:21 am

Boogieman1 wrote:What burns me up, is why is this thing called a Air Bow.... There's nothing bow about it. There's no bow, no string no nothing. It's an Arrow Gun! But they call it a bow because they are already plotting a way to cram this in archery season.

I agree. I hope it never happens where it's a staple of "archery" season. Not sure what the effective range is but no doubt the average hunter would have a much extended range with these. I couldn't believe something like this even existed.
pilgrimhunter

Unread postby pilgrimhunter » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:34 am

I really doubt it ever is allowed into archery season but you never know. Really the discussion hinges around what does a primitive weapon hunt look like. I hope there remains some limitations on certain weapons in specific seasons. There is almost no way to regulate certain technology like google earth but it is much more doable to regulate the weapon you take to the field to keep it a primitive hunt. But this is all just my opinion.
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 am

Someone on here said , for every new technology that comes out ,an old skill is eliminated. So survival of the deer will stay the same. It makes hunters lazier but technology keeps things even.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:44 am

Im pretty sure these are only legal certain places anyways.

Boogieman1 wrote:
Bowonly wrote:Google earth has "killed" more animals than any air bow ever will. Nobody is screaming about that technology being an unfair advantage.

I can't really speak on google earth I've never owned a computer

Bowonly, that is an excellent point!!!

Boogieman, Windows 95 is on its way buddy :mrgreen:
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:12 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:Well ill say it
It might be still allowed when oprah and the bleeding heart liberals takes our guns away in 2020. Lmao.
I don’t oppose it because hunters will always trend back and forth to favorite tactics or weapons chose to harvest an animal. Besides the air gun is not new i seen it back probably 5-6 years ago somewhere. I really dont think it will ever take off
Its actually on sale in sportsmans guide for i think aorund 1500$

Airbows sound pretty cool for a gun season weapon i would not want them being used during bow season.

What guns?? Burys in watertight containers underground not giving mine up to the lefty loons. Already have a emergency supply kit buryed incase of disaster in the area.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:57 am

If it chronographs At 450 fps it's still in no way fast enough to be an effective deer killing weapon at 200 yards. I can hit a target with my bow chrono around 270 fps at 60 yards but can't expect to put a good clean kill shot on a moving deer.

This airbow would have to prove to be significantly better than current archery gear. It is still in prototype phase and would need improvements and proof, to compensate for the money hunters would spend on an airbow. I don't want airbows to catch on, be used or become the standard. I think they will wound a lot of deer.

Another point, Who wounds more deer during archery season? Us or them? We practice months in advance before bow season with our (bow of choice). We put a lot of time and thought in our setups and hunt harder and more than most. I'd guess we shoot and wound more and better quality deer than the slob hunter who shows up on the weekends with a (bow of choice) who has only shot it twice since he bought it.

The same guys taking short cuts are the same guys we hunt circles around on public land every season. Just my .02
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:52 am

Tennhunter3 wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:Well ill say it
It might be still allowed when oprah and the bleeding heart liberals takes our guns away in 2020. Lmao.
I don’t oppose it because hunters will always trend back and forth to favorite tactics or weapons chose to harvest an animal. Besides the air gun is not new i seen it back probably 5-6 years ago somewhere. I really dont think it will ever take off
Its actually on sale in sportsmans guide for i think aorund 1500$

Airbows sound pretty cool for a gun season weapon i would not want them being used during bow season.

What guns?? Burys in watertight containers underground not giving mine up to the lefty loons. Already have a emergency supply kit buryed incase of disaster in the area.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Me too. Lmao
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Congratulations Virginia! This season u r the first state to have the air bow in your archery season. Do to some trickery in politics it was snuck in and nothing anyone can do to stop it. More states I'm sure will follow just a matter of time. Even though it has to be registered as a firearm it's still considered archery great news what's next can't wait, hoping for c4 and plastic explosives.
-John Wayne-
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:42 pm

What a joke. What an absolute joke. First crossbows and now these contraptions in archery season. They are not bows. Archery seasons were established with long seasons and generous tags because it was SUPPOSED to be hard to kill a deer. Harvest rates are supposed to be low. You are supposed to get busted on the draw by making movement at close range. That's the challenge. Not some contraption you cock at the truck, carry with a sling, prop up on shooting sticks, brace against yourself with a buttstock and pistol grip, look through a scope, pull a trigger and snipe deer at stupid ranges all while making zero movement.

I know a lot of you are crossbow guys but I'm sorry. You'll never convince me that it's anything but a slow rifle. We keep this up and the ensuing high harvest rates will lead to shorter seasons and lottery tags.

Emrah
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:09 am

Emrah wrote:What a joke. What an absolute joke. First crossbows and now these contraptions in archery season. They are not bows. Archery seasons were established with long seasons and generous tags because it was SUPPOSED to be hard to kill a deer. Harvest rates are supposed to be low. You are supposed to get busted on the draw by making movement at close range. That's the challenge. Not some contraption you cock at the truck, carry with a sling, prop up on shooting sticks, brace against yourself with a buttstock and pistol grip, look through a scope, pull a trigger and snipe deer at stupid ranges all while making zero movement.

I know a lot of you are crossbow guys but I'm sorry. You'll never convince me that it's anything but a slow rifle. We keep this up and the ensuing high harvest rates will lead to shorter seasons and lottery tags.

Emrah

Im a xbow hunter because of an injury but wanna go back to bow.i just dont know what bow to buy or shen im goong too. ( money lol) I think it is a preference some guys pefer different weapons and always will a-lot of people use exotic weapons to hunt. Alot of them shoot them in competition or just for a hobby . Its what ever your into. Who am i to judge? im not gonna bash anyone for using any weapon.im not saying you are either emerah please dont take me wrong
Its a job in itself just to get a mature buck to walk in front of you alot of work
Airbow? There should be a education class along with xbows beacause your right they are like little rifles but
Airbows will be about the last of the weapons there isnt really nothing really left but claymore mines or handgrenades ? We have a handgun season in delaware which i have not tried but want to. I think it will be really cool and help with mobility. Im sure therecwere anti’s with that too.
I really think airbows will be almost like a fad People will try it and it will die out. I wouldnt let it ruffle your briges they are very expensive too i think in a catalog i seen one for 1500$
Some thhings we just can not control no matter what we do its like the gun control debate with the liberals. (Not that im really into politics too much ) but Who am i to say what anyone can hunt with or own a certain weapon?
Its our american right and freedom which they try and are trying to take from us every day
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:43 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
Emrah wrote:What a joke. What an absolute joke. First crossbows and now these contraptions in archery season. They are not bows. Archery seasons were established with long seasons and generous tags because it was SUPPOSED to be hard to kill a deer. Harvest rates are supposed to be low. You are supposed to get busted on the draw by making movement at close range. That's the challenge. Not some contraption you cock at the truck, carry with a sling, prop up on shooting sticks, brace against yourself with a buttstock and pistol grip, look through a scope, pull a trigger and snipe deer at stupid ranges all while making zero movement.

Emrah

Im a xbow hunter because of an injury but wanna go back to bow.i just dont know what bow to buy or shen im goong too. ( money lol) I think it is a preference some guys pefer different weapons and always will a-lot of people use exotic weapons to hunt. Alot of them shoot them in competition or just for a hobby . Its what ever your into. Who am i to judge? im not gonna bash anyone for using any weapon.im not saying you are either emerah please dont take me wrong
Its a job in itself just to get a mature buck to walk in front of you alot of work
Airbow? There should be a education class along with xbows beacause your right they are like little rifles but
Airbows will be about the last of the weapons there isnt really nothing really left but claymore mines or handgrenades ? We have a handgun season in delaware which i have not tried but want to. I think it will be really cool and help with mobility. Im sure therecwere anti’s with that too.
I really think airbows will be almost like a fad People will try it and it will die out. I wouldnt let it ruffle your briges they are very expensive too i think in a catalog i seen one for 1500$
Some thhings we just can not control no matter what we do its like the gun control debate with the liberals. (Not that im really into politics too much ) but Who am i to say what anyone can hunt with or own a certain weapon?
Its our american right and freedom which they try and are trying to take from us every day

I understand your prospective on the " who are we to Judge" but the fact is no one is judging anyone, the question is why the heck is a gun in archery season? Is a .270 rifle with a sling made out of bowstring acceptable archery equipment? I'm just tired of hearing the ole hunters numbers are dropping we have to allow these to get the numbers up. That's a load bull!

I don't think there is a young man lying in his bed thinking there's no way I would gun hunt, oh I could never shoot a bow, the Xbow is just to hard if only there was a air bow I would be a hunter! The only ones using this junk is people who already hunt.

If hunters numbers are down so low, how come nobody can find a place to hunt? How come the public ground is overrun? Seems this wouldn't be the case. If the numbers are down, I guarantee it has nothing to do with weaponry and everything to do with access. So I would like the gov to focus on that instead of cramming abunch of stuff in archery only season.
-John Wayne-
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 am

Oh i totaly agree. Boogie
100%.
I meant to say if i diddnt.
Who am I to judge think not we.
But your right the access to hunting grounds seem to be shrinking for some reason. And back in New Jersey
Imo. There was shrinking properties for public for some readon. And off the hook rising liscence fees.
And oh yea Go EAGLES!!!!!!!!!! Lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”