Health importance

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Health importance

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:24 pm

tgreeno wrote:Get out and scout marshes & hill country 4-5 days a week. You'll kill two birds with one stone and be in great shape in no time!

When do you find time to work? :lol:

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm

brancher147 wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:how come nobody said eat a lot of deer meat my doctor told me its the best thing I can eat my diet consists of wild game fish and garden grown vegetables and fruit

Yep. Between me and my girlfriend we eat about 6 deer a year, including what I give away. Have a 1/4 acre garden, apple trees, peach trees, butcher hogs with the neighbor. Make most of our own food. Can't remember last time I bought meat at a grocery store. It definitely helps.

all i can see when i read this was the flag flying in the wind GOD BLESS AMERICA
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:26 pm

Dewey wrote:
tgreeno wrote:Get out and scout marshes & hill country 4-5 days a week. You'll kill two birds with one stone and be in great shape in no time!

hes retired
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:29 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:how come nobody said eat a lot of deer meat my doctor told me its the best thing I can eat my diet consists of wild game fish and garden grown vegetables and fruit

If I could shoot enough deer...I'd eat backstraps on the grill 3-4 nights a week for the whole year! The problem is procuring enough venison every year :P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:41 pm

tgreeno wrote:

If I could shoot enough deer...I'd eat backstraps on the grill 3-4 nights a week for the whole year! The problem is procuring enough venison every year :P

i shoot 2 to 3 a year now and my wife normally gets some with her car. i can get as many roadkill tags as i want from my police station lol
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:43 pm

Good health is like a triangle. Mental, physical, and social
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:53 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
tgreeno wrote:

i shoot 2 to 3 a year now and my wife normally gets some with her car. i can get as many roadkill tags as i want from my police station lol

I'll give you my address...ship some over 8-)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:56 pm

Dewey wrote:

Work...uh, work??? Not very often ;)

I usually find a couple hours a day to do some work.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 pm

Whatever you do it’s gonna be a lifestyle change and it’s gonna suck. It won’t be easy. you’ll have to embrace the suck.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:47 am

stash59 wrote:

The above along with a Paleo diet. The Paleo diet works well with a hunter/gatherer lifestyle. Also weekly practice setting up stands, sticks or saddles. You'll be working all of the muscles you will actually be using while hunting.

I think im going to try all of this thnks great ideas
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:49 am

Dewey wrote:

Im retired lol. I work when i wanna. Lmao
I work seasonal and part time ( when needed)
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 am

Being a public land mobile hunter forces me to stay in shape. I also have a bad back and bad knees. I want to hunt into my twilight years. I lift and mix in any cardio I can. I am 6'2 and like to hit the woods at about 225. I am also 43. It doesn't get easier every year. My main goal this off season is to keep my legs in shape. My job kills them. I've been hitting the exercise bike lately. It is low impact n doesn't kill my knees.
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 am

I'm 34 and while not that old a desk job and family life has put a few pounds around the mid section. A gym is out of the question as there is no time for it in my schedule with everything going on with the family and work. After years of arguing with my wife about diet I finally started to cut things out. No sugary junk. No more fast food. Much lower carb intake. Plenty of fresh veggies, fruits, and nuts. I haven't lost any weight, but I stopped putting it on. I also try to tie extracurricular to activities I enjoy - scouting, ice fishing, etc.

I also have a cousin who started doing the ketogenic diet and lost 20 lbs. Sounds like it was a pretty easy diet to get into. Might be worth looking into.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:42 am

d_rek wrote:I'm 34 and while not that old a desk job and family life has put a few pounds around the mid section. A gym is out of the question as there is no time for it in my schedule with everything going on with the family and work. After years of arguing with my wife about diet I finally started to cut things out. No sugary junk. No more fast food. Much lower carb intake. Plenty of fresh veggies, fruits, and nuts. I haven't lost any weight, but I stopped putting it on. I also try to tie extracurricular to activities I enjoy - scouting, ice fishing, etc.

I also have a cousin who started doing the ketogenic diet and lost 20 lbs. Sounds like it was a pretty easy diet to get into. Might be worth looking into.

Im on a50 carb a day atkins. It was either keto or atkins.
I just started today. Lol. I just dont have time to exercise
I try to get 10,000 steps in scouting or even walking the bike path where i live. Now you say low carb and you eat fruit. I thought fruit is loaded with carbs? Is this true. I love cantaloupe and honey do i can eat it all day lol. But read and told it is loaded with carbs along with bannanas and any berrys. I do eat salads with chicken but i can not eat them dry i need something. Im gonna to put a program together tonight by scouting everyday somewhere setting up trees for observation spots for next year. And just keep at it. But once greenover comes then summer. Whats the next step? Just walk fields or edges
If im gung ho about somthing im all in and wanna put my exercise routines into my deer scouting stand setting and just overall hunting life but wat to do in summer? Or late spring. ?
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:44 am

Sorry wasnt done rAmbling on lol my season opens spetember 1st so after that its so dam hot. Where ever i hunt im gonna sweat and sweat and sweat lol. So my thing is what to do in may june july august? Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”