hide from humans

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

justdirtyfun
500 Club

Re: hide from humans

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:29 am

:D
Next purchase might have to be night vision goggles. Tear down at end of hunt in stealth mode and helps for scouting!

You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:22 am

justdirtyfun wrote::D
Next purchase might have to be night vision goggles. Tear down at end of hunt in stealth mode and helps for scouting!

Do you guy really use your lights to tear down at the end of the hunt? I have always been able to do that in the dark. Unless I drop something and need the light to find it in the brush.

I typically practice packing up and setting up in the dark. Try it, you'll be amazed how good you can see once your eye get adjusted to the lack of light.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Zonk54

Unread postby Zonk54 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:37 am

I "might" have mentioned to out of state squirrel hunters awesome places to hunt that are places I don't bowhunt. It's always about the psyops with lazy hunters who don't want to put in the scouting and hard work that makes success happen on public.
OldMtnMan

Unread postby OldMtnMan » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:53 am

I have a pretty capable Jeep offroad. I used to compete in rock crawling competition with it. So, I can get to some pretty remote areas that would take another Jeep like mine to follow in. I find it easy to find solitude in a very difficult unit that I hunt. I usually scout 200 days a year and find some pretty good spots.

The disadvantages to this are nobody would ever find me if I got hurt.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:28 am

I use one of those cheep red led head lamps in dark then if you turn it off you can see clear as day cuz your eyes are ajusted
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:33 am

I use a red led light then I can see if I turn off my light does not mess up your built in night vision
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:56 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
I use a red led light then I can see if I turn off my light does not mess up your built in night vision

I like the red light for dark tree work, too. Bathes the area in light but doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. It is nice being able to see right after flipping it off, too.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:05 pm

wolverinebuckman wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

I like the red light for dark tree work, too. Bathes the area in light but doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. It is nice being able to see right after flipping it off, too.

I have walked up on deer with no moon in dark so many times with that light they just cant figure you out the worst time to enter or exit a stand is gray light period that's when a deers vision is at its best.
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Wow. WOW!! You guys must be hunting some seriously pressured places. I don't think I've had the impulse to hide from another human since my days throwing snowballs at cars as a teenager. Certainly not in the woods. I've seen two people in three seasons up in the mountains where I hunt; another hunter, and a father teaching his son how to ID an oak tree. I walked up and started talking to both.

I don't know if you guys are, well... paranoid, or if I'm naive. I guess I'm "that guy" that ya'll hate running into :lol:
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Ognennyy wrote:Wow. WOW!! You guys must be hunting some seriously pressured places. I don't think I've had the impulse to hide from another human since my days throwing snowballs at cars as a teenager. Certainly not in the woods. I've seen two people in three seasons up in the mountains where I hunt; another hunter, and a father teaching his son how to ID an oak tree. I walked up and started talking to both.

I don't know if you guys are, well... paranoid, or if I'm naive. I guess I'm "that guy" that ya'll hate running into :lol:

you only seen 2 guys in woods in 3 years cuz the rest of them are hiding in the bushes lol
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:50 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:Wow. WOW!! You guys must be hunting some seriously pressured places. I don't think I've had the impulse to hide from another human since my days throwing snowballs at cars as a teenager. Certainly not in the woods. I've seen two people in three seasons up in the mountains where I hunt; another hunter, and a father teaching his son how to ID an oak tree. I walked up and started talking to both.

you only seen 2 guys in woods in 3 years cuz the rest of them are hiding in the bushes lol

Ha I never thought of that! I think probably there are not a lot of hunters up there because there are so few deer (Adirondacks of NY). Plus the ones who are up there hide from me lol.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:04 pm

Ognennyy wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

Ha I never thought of that! I think probably there are not a lot of hunters up there because there are so few deer (Adirondacks of NY). Plus the ones who are up there hide from me lol.
I've hunted the dacks for years I love it up their my family has killed some giants back in the mountains. how you make out up their I haven't went in 6 years now everybody I went with got too old.
Ognennyy
500 Club

Unread postby Ognennyy » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:15 pm

ghoasthunter wrote:
Ognennyy wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:

I've hunted the dacks for years I love it up their my family has killed some giants back in the mountains. how you make out up their I haven't went in 6 years now everybody I went with got too old.

It's a special place in spite of the low deer density. I got my first buck ever up there this season. I don't see many deer, but this is only my third season so I'm still learning. I have a few places in mind to scout this Spring that should be much better. If you were ever feeling nostalgic I'd be happy to do my best to show you what few places I know that deer travel.
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:58 am

I usually park down the road at least a few hundred yards from where i enter the woods at.

If a car is coming i try to hide behind a big oak tree
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:16 am

Hey thats a good idea if legal. Good call my bro

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”