hide from humans

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Net Guy
500 Club

Re: hide from humans

Unread postby Net Guy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:07 pm

I do whatever it takes to hide from people. Even hid on my dad accidentally. :lol:

Bonecrusher101
500 Club

Unread postby Bonecrusher101 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm

I'm think I'm super sneaky but some of this stuff you guys are doing has me beat.

I have parked my truck and huffed it 400 yards or so down a road then cut in to avoid walking through a cutover. If I hear a vehicle coming the headlamp goes off and I have hidden by barging through thorns thrying to hide.

Another thing I do if I'm parking by the road or public parking is I will preset everything. I will pull over somewhere nearby (church parking lots are great) and get dressed if needed. I will also get my bow or gun out of its case and lay it beside my stand. I will also get everything I need bungey corded to my stand. This way I know where everything is set so when I park, I can grab my gear and roll within seconds.

Doing this greatly helps to keep me from talking to anyone. I don't want to talk, I want to be left alone to hunt. If you get caught by police or game wardens for they way you park it could certainly eat up 20 minutes. Talking to others hunters can eat time too.

I don't like the idea Of others hunting over my gut pile. I might want to hunt that same spot next season so I'd wish they never knew. In reality, they are already a step behind. Usually by then, I've killed one of if not the best buck out of the group of deer using the area. Odds are against the hunters who don't do their own thing.

I have also drug dead deer away from my setups before field dressing them. It hasn't made much different from w
Be original and Enjoy every step along the adventure.
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:23 pm

Man you guys really go to extremes. Just how remote are these places you guys hunting that it's such a huge secret? I have a lot of public land near me but it's heavily pressured. I avoid people in the woods but there are no "secret" spots here. Hunt long enough and you'll discover them all - along with 10 other guys. I park in the parking lot along with everyone else and walk in. I just try to position myself to use other hunters to my advantage.

Emrah
faraones2112

Unread postby faraones2112 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Emrah wrote:Man you guys really go to extremes. Just how remote are these places you guys hunting that it's such a huge secret? I have a lot of public land near me but it's heavily pressured. I avoid people in the woods but there are no "secret" spots here. Hunt long enough and you'll discover them all - along with 10 other guys. I park in the parking lot along with everyone else and walk in. I just try to position myself to use other hunters to my advantage.

Emrah

In my case it is not remote at all. Overlooked parking lot and roadside beds are 80% of my hunting. I don't want to give anyone any ideas as to what I'm hunting.
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:55 pm

It's amazing. I'll go in "deep", which around here is like a mile or mile and a half, and start picking out the "perfect" tree in a certain spot. I'll walk up to it and sure 'nuff, I'll see gouge marks up the tree trunk where another hunter has previously climbed it. Great minds think alike I guess lol!

Emrah
hambone
500 Club

Unread postby hambone » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

I think it is kinda ingrained in us. Seeing but not being seen. I even stand in the shadows and watch cars go by, while walking up the lane to check the mailbox.
Jdaukontas

Unread postby Jdaukontas » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:33 am

I have a lease i share with two people. They have their spots, I have mine. Theirs are in the open, close to where they park their wheelers, etc. Mine are off the beaten path, along edges within the timber, near bedding areas, etc. I always see nice deer and they seldom see deer, let alone a shooter. I asked one of them to help me find my bow buck this year after I had lost him. When we got to the stand location, he ranted and raved about how great the area/spot was. All of a sudden it turned into, "we can put a permanent stand over here" and "we can clear out this area over here"...etc. Needless to say, I made the drastic mistake of letting others in on my spots, that were only found by boots on the ground and only successful because of my entry and low level impact.

I will not be making the same mistake again.
justdirtyfun
500 Club

Unread postby justdirtyfun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Emrah wrote:It's amazing. I'll go in "deep", which around here is like a mile or mile and a half, and start picking out the "perfect" tree in a certain spot. I'll walk up to it and sure 'nuff, I'll see gouge marks up the tree trunk where another hunter has previously climbed it. Great minds think alike I guess lol!

Emrah

Emrah your mention of gouge marks reminded me of a simple mistake I made this season. I chatted with a hunter on the way out of a evening set. Blah blah blah see any blah blah. He saw my headlamp as I tore down. I went in blind and had not prepped anything. Well two weeks later I wanted to prep a tree and scout the same area.

Well, well, well three trees away he tried poaching my spot. Brush was smashed at base of tree and his climber was able to bump a total of TWO TIMES. 5 feet up was the best he could do. Lmao.

I made a rookie mistake. The headlamp during tear down. And the pointless chit chat was dumb too.
You don't have to be the best, just do your best.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:08 pm

justdirtyfun wrote:
Emrah wrote:It's amazing. I'll go in "deep", which around here is like a mile or mile and a half, and start picking out the "perfect" tree in a certain spot. I'll walk up to it and sure 'nuff, I'll see gouge marks up the tree trunk where another hunter has previously climbed it. Great minds think alike I guess lol!

Emrah

Emrah your mention of gouge marks reminded me of a simple mistake I made this season. I chatted with a hunter on the way out of a evening set. Blah blah blah see any blah blah. He saw my headlamp as I tore down. I went in blind and had not prepped anything. Well two weeks later I wanted to prep a tree and scout the same area.

Well, well, well three trees away he tried poaching my spot. Brush was smashed at base of tree and his climber was able to bump a total of TWO TIMES. 5 feet up was the best he could do. Lmao.

I made a rookie mistake. The headlamp during tear down. And the pointless chit chat was dumb too.

Why jjst why are people such ....... well i just dont get it. Its why we are loaners. At least i am everytime ive mentioned to someone where i hunt or where i killed a deer they always late on tell me yea i was over that way checking that woods out you hunt. WT@!!!!!!!!!!!
Ughhhhhhhhhh
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:22 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:
justdirtyfun wrote:

Emrah

Why jjst why are people such ....... well i just dont get it. Its why we are loaners. At least i am everytime ive mentioned to someone where i hunt or where i killed a deer they always late on tell me yea i was over that way checking that woods out you hunt. WT@!!!!!!!!!!!
Ughhhhhhhhhh
the best is when you shoot a 600lb bear and a guy runs over and shoots it while its bleeding out then claims it and theirs nothing you can do about it cuz he shot last and even the game warden wont say otherwise
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:29 pm

ghoasthunter wrote: the best is when you shoot a 600lb bear and a guy runs over and shoots it while its bleeding out then claims it and theirs nothing you can do about it cuz he shot last and even the game warden wont say otherwise

Look at it from the bright-side...You know you shot a 600 pound bear, and you get to keep hunting ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
mnswamphunter

Unread postby mnswamphunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:45 pm

I have hidden from passing cars. Stealth mode was on and I cant help it. :lol:
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:11 pm

tgreeno wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote: the best is when you shoot a 600lb bear and a guy runs over and shoots it while its bleeding out then claims it and theirs nothing you can do about it cuz he shot last and even the game warden wont say otherwise

Look at it from the bright-side...You know you shot a 600 pound bear, and you get to keep hunting ;)

they are like wild pigs in jersey I must see 6 to 8 a week bow hunting and the antis want to stop the hunt crazy. my buddy's gang shot 16 bears one year on his farm during buck weak they flatten out thousands of dollars in corn every year the farmers get permits to shoot them year round.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:11 am

ghoasthunter wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:
justdirtyfun wrote:

Emrah

Ughhhhhhhhhh
the best is when you shoot a 600lb bear and a guy runs over and shoots it while its bleeding out then claims it and theirs nothing you can do about it cuz he shot last and even the game warden wont say otherwise

Oh my god thats horrible ghost
I would have had to go at it somehow with that guy
We should all be the ones who rise above these idiots but very rarely but somtimes we gotta let loose and drop the gloves. That game warden and him sounds like they were buddy’s or somthing. So sorry to hear that ghost wat a bad break
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:
justdirtyfun wrote:

Emrah

Ughhhhhhhhhh

Oh my god thats horrible ghost
I would have had to go at it somehow with that guy
We should all be the ones who rise above these idiots but very rarely but somtimes we gotta let loose and drop the gloves. That game warden and him sounds like they were buddy’s or somthing. So sorry to hear that ghost wat a bad break
it is what it is had it been a buck things would have been different lol

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”