hide from humans

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Re: hide from humans

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:15 am

Boogieman1 wrote:Carry a fishing pole and when u see another hunter ask if they caught anything... In seriousness if it's a spot I'm worried about being seen, I'm the first one in, last one out. And the last thing u ever want is for someone see u dragging or loading up a deer. That is if u wanna keep the spot to yourself

I've sat to dark many times with a buck before I drag him out its kind of nice sitting their with your deer all day

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:18 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:
PK_ wrote:Avoid detection at all cost, when that fails act as if you are lost.

And if that fails don't tell the truth. :lol:

Hunter I ran into: "See anything?"
Me: "Nope"
hunter I ran into: "Is that's blood on your pants?"
Me:"Yup, cut my thumb fooling around with my knife."

I go sit on my tailgate and wait for him to leave so I can get the cart. :lol:

Bob
hunter replies are you ok that's a lot of blood
Horizontal Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Horizontal Hunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:29 am

ghoasthunter wrote:hunter replies are you ok that's a lot of blood
:shock:

I'm not thaaaaat messy.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter. :o

Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:42 am

Horizontal Hunter wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:hunter replies are you ok that's a lot of blood
:shock:

I'm not thaaaaat messy.

Bob
lol its funny when you see a guy in a parking lot with a thousand dollars worth of cloths on covered in blood from head too toe. :doh:
mibowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby mibowhunter » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:15 am

It's nice to see I'm not the only one out there who does this. I am 100% absolutely totally completely off the wall paranoid about being seen by other people. I will hide behind trees, jump in ditches, even lay down on my belly in short grass if needed (one of these times someone is going to pull over and see if I'm dead..).

This year I shot a buck about a mile back and had to drag it back down an old access road that was easily visible from the main road. Every time a car came, I'd move off in to the brush with the deer. The last 1/4 mile was out in the wide open, but I had no other choice. So I took a breather and got ready... I started sprinting with the deer cart buzzing behind me.... I was about 100 yards from my car when I saw another vehicle rolling down the road. There was a creek next to me, so I actually pushed my deer and cart down in to the creek and jumped in after them. The car passed, I pulled it all out, sprinted to the truck and loaded up the buck and got out of there...

yeah, i don't like to be seen.
JAK
500 Club

Unread postby JAK » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:18 am

I had my uncle help me drag my buck out as we get to the road hear comes are car so I had him stand next to me and shield the deer from the car as we looked it the car akwardly as it drove past :lol:. So I've hid deer never myself yet
oldrank

Unread postby oldrank » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:29 am

Give no clues ever !!!! And look for every clue you can get !!! Kinda ironic if you think about it.

We are some paranoid individuals !!! Lol
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:45 am

I have been avoiding others in the woods for as long as I can remember. And yes...I always lie when asked anything!

But typically if I'm coming out at night and I see someone, packing up, I'll just sit in the dark and wait until they leave. I would rather them not see me at all!

I have snuck-up in the dark on guys packing up and listened to their conversions. Any way to gain intel, is acceptable.

I rarely park in a public parking lot.

I never drag a deer out to a parking lot. I usually drag it within 15 yards of the road. Then do a quick pickup in the dark when no ones around.

Never gut the deer where I shot it. I usually drag it to some random, spot away from my set-ups.

As far as anyone knows...I've never shot a buck ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
flinginairos
500 Club

Unread postby flinginairos » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:56 pm

Killtree wrote:I avoid detection at all costs as well.
I have not been detected by anyone yet.
I have gave it some thought though.
I have decided that if I am ever caught hiding behind a tree that I am immediately going to drop my pants and squat in hopes that they leave and never come back.

:lol: Solid plan!! I am the same way. The last thing I want is another hunter to see my setup or where I go. I'm absolutely paranoid about it lol. The good thing for me is I hunt from a saddle so guys just don't see me anymore. I had a dude with a crossbow walk right under me last year and he had no clue I was there :lol: I actually about gave him a heart attack because I felt I should let him know I was there. The look on his face was priceless when I said "HEY!!" right above him :mrgreen:
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:20 pm

stash59 wrote:Been hiding from cars etc for years. I'll even get down on all fours.

X2!
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:27 pm

rfickes87 wrote:
stash59 wrote:Been hiding from cars etc for years. I'll even get down on all fours.

X2!

LOL...The first time I hunted with my brother in law, and told him to "hit the dirt", he thought I was joking :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:34 pm

tgreeno wrote:
rfickes87 wrote:

X2!

LOL...The first time I hunted with my brother in law, and told him to "hit the dirt", he thought I was joking :lol:

Dude, they come driving up the road, i always find a tree to hide behind. Sometimes early in the morning i am still visible from the road i turn my hat light off so they can't see me from the road.

I cannot stand being around people while hunting.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:40 pm

One time i shot a nice buck in rifle season on public. We drug it out past a few guys. The one guy goes "wow, where'd you get him at"? I told him b/c i didn't care. I had never been there before and won't ever go back. But anyways, im like " yeah my gut pile is right up that ridge where I shot him. He's like "wow ok i think ill sit there this evening." Im just thinking WHAT?! your going to sit beside my gut pile? Whatever. Knock yourself out.
rfickes87
500 Club

Unread postby rfickes87 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Getting screamed at along side the road by liberals is never fun either! Had that happen a lot when hunting public suburban areas.

You find liberals, you'll find big bucks.
Twenty Up
500 Club

Unread postby Twenty Up » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 pm

Good buddy of mine has been stalked because of his reputation at one particular area.. to the point where a guy got his phone # and called him asking where he was hunting.

Truck hunters are no joke...

Have trusted friends drop you off, long walks, boats, bikes etc. change it up

I don't have to worry about this because I'm not killing anything worth stalking over :lol:
Trust the Process~~ Lost Boys Outdoors ~~

YoutTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UC7TXknGut5WfZQ6CbddgqYg

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”