Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Josh_S
500 Club

Re: Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Unread postby Josh_S » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:51 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Haven't watched midwest whitetail at all this year. And I only have watched the hunting public a half dozen times. For some reason, I feel like I gained more last year when the guys were still with mw. I know they are trying to keep their spots under the radar, but I feel like some value was lost from one year to the next. Maybe its cause they had less air time so they tried to focus on the important details, and now with all the time in the world, they kinda miss emphasizing whats important. Just my thought. I will say aaron, zach and greg are some top notch guys and very good hunters. Don't want to take that away from them

This is a good point. It did seem like in 2016 our public land hunts had more of a storyline to follow and we could teach people more effectively through those. We were far to scattered this year making it harder to drill into specific details of a spot. We actually had less time to focus on hunting than before because of a number of things. Editing other hunts, starting a business, etc.

We'll try to remedy that in 2018.

I really enjoy what you guys are doing. Heck of a first year to kick off The Hunting Public.

tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:07 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
This is a good point. It did seem like in 2016 our public land hunts had more of a storyline to follow and we could teach people more effectively through those. We were far to scattered this year making it harder to drill into specific details of a spot. We actually had less time to focus on hunting than before because of a number of things. Editing other hunts, starting a business, etc.

Aaron,
I think you guys did great for the first year together! Keep up the great content! I'm really looking forward to your off-season scouting, and prepping for next season! I have no doubt 2018 will be even better!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:21 am

I enjoyed watching the Midwest Whitetail Public land hunting videos. It was interesting to see how they reacted when they saw other hunters or noticed others have been in the same areas they were hunting.

It was like plan A went out the window and now lets make up plan B.
wmahunter
500 Club

Unread postby wmahunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:25 am

JoeRE wrote:
wiscbowhntr wrote:Agree. MW made a big mistake getting rid of the public guys. I thought the same thing watching that episode. Stop complaining and start having fun.

Bill didn't "get rid of them", he couldn't keep them ;)

As far as some of the other stuff being talked about on this thread, keep it classy guys. If you want to rake muck post it elsewhere....

I do agree that there is little to MWW currently that I find interesting. If you don't like it, don't watch it guys! That show survives on number of "views." Just like some of the outdoor crap peddled on cable. Don't buy the package or you are supporting it with your dollars.

I have to catch it on youtube otherwise I do not get to watch it.
Octoberjohn

Unread postby Octoberjohn » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:37 am

I think that all hunting shows, especially the ones that are on regular TV, should be watched as just that, a show. The only reason why they are able to be on air is to promote the products that they are using(sponsors pay the bills). No matter how good they are there will still be endless product pushing and so forth. As far as the hunter that the OP mentioned and his complaining about just his luck. You have to put yourself in his shoes. Obviously he felt as though this season was a difficult one for him compared to years past(last year he took two boomers i believe). I can remember watching an old Primos deer hunt years back. Good old Will Primos put an arrow in a great buck in Illinois. After he shot it he went on to comment about how they had been hunting so hard for 6 days. He kept saying it over, "for 6 days we have been hunting hard and we finally put it all together". In my mind 6 days is nothing and all that these guys do is hunt, so how could he be complaining. But obviously he must have felt that was a difficult hunt and those 6 days were tough. After that I just kind of took all hunting shows for what they are, a show.

Now with the internet and youtube there is an endless supply of available hunting shows to watch. There are certain ones that I watch regularly, and other ones that I won't even look at. MWW and The Hunting Public are both shows that I watch on a regular basis. I feel like I can learn something from watching these shows and that is why I like them. The Hunting Public is finally the show that a lot of people wanted to see in that most of their hunting is done on public ground. So kudos to them for taking a chance and getting that out there.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:47 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Haven't watched midwest whitetail at all this year. And I only have watched the hunting public a half dozen times. For some reason, I feel like I gained more last year when the guys were still with mw. I know they are trying to keep their spots under the radar, but I feel like some value was lost from one year to the next. Maybe its cause they had less air time so they tried to focus on the important details, and now with all the time in the world, they kinda miss emphasizing whats important. Just my thought. I will say aaron, zach and greg are some top notch guys and very good hunters. Don't want to take that away from them

I know one thing dan does that is really helpful in his videos is that he will show an aerial drawn up to show bedding, stand location, and access. Obviously you guys might have some problems posting aerials with the larger crowd and guys looking to poach spots. Heck I can find most of dans spots he hunts if I really wanted to do that. But something like a drawing showing the process of a hunt, instead of just showing the spot. So the wind bumping one is really simple, maybe show how the pushers access, and bump deer through the bedding area to whoever is posting, and how their access is planned out to not bump those deer out.

My biggest gripe with other shows is they simply focus on the spot and make the spot seem like the only important thing in a hunt. When reality is, entry and wind can make a good spot a total waste, or take a pretty bad spot and make it a killer.

Just food for thought. Don’t want to take anything away from your show since it is still very good, and really has a lot more useful info compared to other shows
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:06 am

Lopedog699 wrote:
matt1336 wrote:
Whitetailaddict wrote:
matt1336 wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:I agree also.
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup brawith a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.

Lope Tiff doesn’t have a push up bra in her closet! Lee paid way too much money for those things for her to need any more enhancements. She prolly doesn’t need a regular bra.

Regardless of how you view outdoor shows let's leave comments like these out of our forum. We're better than shaming some guys wife and she can wear whatever she wants. Granted I've never seen anybody hunting like that but we also don't have to watch the shows. I think most realize we hunt under different circumstances.

You’ll never catch me complaining about what Tiffany is wearing. If my wife sold dvds and product like that I’d let her hunt with almost anyone

Good luck with that bro. Lmao

Yeah brah
peteinvermont

Unread postby peteinvermont » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:05 am

Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

I know one thing dan does that is really helpful in his videos is that he will show an aerial drawn up to show bedding, stand location, and access. Obviously you guys might have some problems posting aerials with the larger crowd and guys looking to poach spots. Heck I can find most of dans spots he hunts if I really wanted to do that. But something like a drawing showing the process of a hunt, instead of just showing the spot. So the wind bumping one is really simple, maybe show how the pushers access, and bump deer through the bedding area to whoever is posting, and how their access is planned out to not bump those deer out.

My biggest gripe with other shows is they simply focus on the spot and make the spot seem like the only important thing in a hunt. When reality is, entry and wind can make a good spot a total waste, or take a pretty bad spot and make it a killer.

Just food for thought. Don’t want to take anything away from your show since it is still very good, and really has a lot more useful info compared to other shows

I'll echo what Johnny says here. I love the map discussions Dan does, and I loved Mapping Trophy Whitetails, but I'm sure its hard to lay out a map and NOT have people poaching that spot. Looking at the bigger picture of an area changed the way I hunt forever.
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:02 am

Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

No worries man. These are great points and I appreciate the feedback. We will do more mapping stuff this year. Some people find the spots but what can you do. Just gives us an opportunity to go find a new one somewhere :D
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:21 am

Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

No worries man. These are great points and I appreciate the feedback. We will do more mapping stuff this year. Some people find the spots but what can you do. Just gives us an opportunity to go find a new one somewhere :D

Lots of public in wisconsin ;)
Aaron1987

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:32 am

Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

We'll be there! Almost went last fall just had too many irons in the fire.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:00 pm

Jonny wrote:

Hey Jonny, Cool it on inviting studs like these guys to our State to hunt. They can stay in Iowa, so I don't have to worry about them showing up in my spots ;)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:18 pm

Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

Your guys attitude with comments like this are why I love your content and will continue to watch. Keep up the good work. Let us know when you have some merchandise for sale, I’d love to help support your cause with a ball cap or hoodie.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Aaron1987

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:33 pm

WV Bowhunter wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Aaron1987 wrote:

Your guys attitude with comments like this are why I love your content and will continue to watch. Keep up the good work. Let us know when you have some merchandise for sale, I’d love to help support your cause with a ball cap or hoodie.

Thanks man! Should have our new website up soon and we may sell some merchandise there at some point.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:58 pm

tgreeno wrote:
Jonny wrote:

Hey Jonny, Cool it on inviting studs like these guys to our State to hunt. They can stay in Iowa, so I don't have to worry about them showing up in my spots ;)

Well if I actually had some decent spots I might be concerned :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”