Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

JoeRE
500 Club

Re: Midwest Whitetail C’Mon Man

Unread postby JoeRE » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:19 am

wiscbowhntr wrote:Agree. MW made a big mistake getting rid of the public guys. I thought the same thing watching that episode. Stop complaining and start having fun.

Bill didn't "get rid of them", he couldn't keep them ;)

As far as some of the other stuff being talked about on this thread, keep it classy guys. If you want to rake muck post it elsewhere....

I do agree that there is little to MWW currently that I find interesting. If you don't like it, don't watch it guys! That show survives on number of "views." Just like some of the outdoor crap peddled on cable. Don't buy the package or you are supporting it with your dollars.

Redman232

Unread postby Redman232 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 am

With all the products that are available on the mark now (trail cams, food plot seeds, hoosker dos, hoosker don't and what not), there are a lot of people hunting primo grounds that don't kill big deer consistently. Caleb Byers and Bill Winke do, so I will still give them props. Their situations don't apply to most (especially me) but I still find their content entertaining.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:11 am

Haven't watched midwest whitetail at all this year. And I only have watched the hunting public a half dozen times. For some reason, I feel like I gained more last year when the guys were still with mw. I know they are trying to keep their spots under the radar, but I feel like some value was lost from one year to the next. Maybe its cause they had less air time so they tried to focus on the important details, and now with all the time in the world, they kinda miss emphasizing whats important. Just my thought. I will say aaron, zach and greg are some top notch guys and very good hunters. Don't want to take that away from them
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
jman22
500 Club

Unread postby jman22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:14 am

I think we need to be careful here to call others out on their style of hunting. Since Aaron and Zach left, I'm sure a lot of the beast members lost interest in MMW, but that's to be expected. And as others have said, if you aren't into their show, don't watch it. If a guy wants to strictly hunt public and hunt beds that's awesome. If a guy wants to hunt out of a big $ ground blind over his food plots, that's fine too, especially if that person worked his tail off to acquire that land and manage it for whitetails. Take Caleb Byers for example. Seems like a hard working kid with a wife who also shares in his passion. From what I gather watching MMW over the years he worked hard to purchase his property and he puts in all the work into making his plots and managing for for big bucks. He works a full time job like we all do. I don't think it's fair to criticize him or anyone else for that. Just my opinion.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:29 am

jman22 wrote:I think we need to be careful here to call others out on their style of hunting. Since Aaron and Zach left, I'm sure a lot of the beast members lost interest in MMW, but that's to be expected. And as others have said, if you aren't into their show, don't watch it. If a guy wants to strictly hunt public and hunt beds that's awesome. If a guy wants to hunt out of a big $ ground blind over his food plots, that's fine too, especially if that person worked his tail off to acquire that land and manage it for whitetails. Take Caleb Byers for example. Seems like a hard working kid with a wife who also shares in his passion. From what I gather watching MMW over the years he worked hard to purchase his property and he puts in all the work into making his plots and managing for for big bucks. He works a full time job like we all do. I don't think it's fair to criticize him or anyone else for that. Just my opinion.

IMO...When you put yourself out to the world on the internet or youtube, you have to expect not everyone is going to like what you do or how you do it. Guys that are doing this are fair game in my book. Sorry Jman...I think it goes with the territory.

This is the reason I don't video my hunts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
jman22
500 Club

Unread postby jman22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:25 am

tgreeno wrote:
jman22 wrote:I think we need to be careful here to call others out on their style of hunting. Since Aaron and Zach left, I'm sure a lot of the beast members lost interest in MMW, but that's to be expected. And as others have said, if you aren't into their show, don't watch it. If a guy wants to strictly hunt public and hunt beds that's awesome. If a guy wants to hunt out of a big $ ground blind over his food plots, that's fine too, especially if that person worked his tail off to acquire that land and manage it for whitetails. Take Caleb Byers for example. Seems like a hard working kid with a wife who also shares in his passion. From what I gather watching MMW over the years he worked hard to purchase his property and he puts in all the work into making his plots and managing for for big bucks. He works a full time job like we all do. I don't think it's fair to criticize him or anyone else for that. Just my opinion.

IMO...When you put yourself out to the world on the internet or youtube, you have to expect not everyone is going to like what you do or how you do it. Guys that are doing this are fair game in my book. Sorry Jman...I think it goes with the territory.
This is the reason I don't video my hunts.

I get that tgreeno and I respect your opinion. It's similar to posting on forums. You put it out there for everyone to see and not everyone agrees with one another. It would be awfully boring if that were the case! I just hate to see fellow hunters bashing one another for reasons such as their vocabulary on camera or their methodology. One guys idea of a fulfilling hunt may be hiking into public a few miles back and shooting a buck as he comes out of a bed he scouted in the off-season. Another guy's idea of a fulfilling hunt is doing TSI and foodplot work in the off-season on land that he owns and shooting a mature buck out of a preset blind or stand. I'd give a handshake and my respect to each hunter. I guess I may feel this way bc there is such a lack of recruitment in my area with younger hunters. It's sad and I hope its not like this all over the country. If it takes a warm heated blind and lots of bean fed deer to get someone involved in hunting than that's great. If a kid wants to strap a stand on his back and hike way back into a swamp...then watch out cause there's a future beast in the making!!
creepingdeth
500 Club
Facebook: Huh?

Unread postby creepingdeth » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:31 am

I dont watch 'em...reading some neat books
Yesterdays common sense is no longer common
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Whitetailaddict wrote:
matt1336 wrote:
Lopedog699 wrote:I agree also.
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup brawith a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.

Lope Tiff doesn’t have a push up bra in her closet! Lee paid way too much money for those things for her to need any more enhancements. She prolly doesn’t need a regular bra.

Regardless of how you view outdoor shows let's leave comments like these out of our forum. We're better than shaming some guys wife and she can wear whatever she wants. Granted I've never seen anybody hunting like that but we also don't have to watch the shows. I think most realize we hunt under different circumstances.

Your right bro. Sorry if i offended at all. We are better than that. Sorry just trying to get a laugh. But ur right thats not the right things to say. Wont happen again
Ghost Hunter

Unread postby Ghost Hunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:55 pm

I recall laying down in front of TV to watch bass fishing with Bill Dance an Roland Martin. Didn't really see to many hunting shows that I recall. Always looked forward to new products. Things I didn't know about.

Thought to myself then. Sure would be neat to do something like that for a living. Never pursued it. Matter a fact I bet there is so much pressure to produce an be productive to push products that reality is lost. That's why they hunt these outfitters that is where money comes from I would think.

I heard somebody say one time. When something you enjoy doing is no longer fun it becomes a job.
I'm reason they call it hunting and not shooting.
matt1336
500 Club

Unread postby matt1336 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 pm

Whitetailaddict wrote:
matt1336 wrote:
Its like turning on the outdoors channel. Watching lee and tiffany. Jim shockey or realtree. Or any espn outdoors channel. Deer and deer hunting was my favorite show ever but even that show has become unrealistic Its just unrealistic hunting it cracks me up when tiffany sits in her stand with 3 pounds of makeup on and 2 cans of hairspray pushup brawith a cammo shirt on with a sever low cut v neck lol.the camera man always seems to be just at that right angle to get the jubblies on cam And on top of sitting there with another dude thats not her husband. Lost alot of respect for lee with him letting the producer showcase his wife like this for ratings. But sex sells its a shame.

Lope Tiff doesn’t have a push up bra in her closet! Lee paid way too much money for those things for her to need any more enhancements. She prolly doesn’t need a regular bra.

Regardless of how you view outdoor shows let's leave comments like these out of our forum. We're better than shaming some guys wife and she can wear whatever she wants. Granted I've never seen anybody hunting like that but we also don't have to watch the shows. I think most realize we hunt under different circumstances.

You’ll never catch me complaining about what Tiffany is wearing. If my wife sold dvds and product like that I’d let her hunt with almost anyone
Aaron1987
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/aaron.warbritton.3

Unread postby Aaron1987 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 pm

Jonny wrote:Haven't watched midwest whitetail at all this year. And I only have watched the hunting public a half dozen times. For some reason, I feel like I gained more last year when the guys were still with mw. I know they are trying to keep their spots under the radar, but I feel like some value was lost from one year to the next. Maybe its cause they had less air time so they tried to focus on the important details, and now with all the time in the world, they kinda miss emphasizing whats important. Just my thought. I will say aaron, zach and greg are some top notch guys and very good hunters. Don't want to take that away from them

This is a good point. It did seem like in 2016 our public land hunts had more of a storyline to follow and we could teach people more effectively through those. We were far to scattered this year making it harder to drill into specific details of a spot. We actually had less time to focus on hunting than before because of a number of things. Editing other hunts, starting a business, etc.

We'll try to remedy that in 2018.
Jdw
500 Club

Unread postby Jdw » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Aaron1987 wrote:
Jonny wrote:Haven't watched midwest whitetail at all this year. And I only have watched the hunting public a half dozen times. For some reason, I feel like I gained more last year when the guys were still with mw. I know they are trying to keep their spots under the radar, but I feel like some value was lost from one year to the next. Maybe its cause they had less air time so they tried to focus on the important details, and now with all the time in the world, they kinda miss emphasizing whats important. Just my thought. I will say aaron, zach and greg are some top notch guys and very good hunters. Don't want to take that away from them

This is a good point. It did seem like in 2016 our public land hunts had more of a storyline to follow and we could teach people more effectively through those. We were far to scattered this year making it harder to drill into specific details of a spot. We actually had less time to focus on hunting than before because of a number of things. Editing other hunts, starting a business, etc.

We'll try to remedy that in 2018.

I have been keeping up with your work for the last several years and have learned a lot.
Aaron and the public land guys and Bill and the managed land guys both share a lot of useful info about the process they use to be successful.

I can apply more of the info from the public land guys but I am always looking for additional info to make me a better hunter.

This site is also awesome in that reguard.

Aaron, I have enjoyed the content you guys put out both at MW and THP keep up the good work.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:24 am

matt1336 wrote:
Whitetailaddict wrote:
matt1336 wrote:

You’ll never catch me complaining about what Tiffany is wearing. If my wife sold dvds and product like that I’d let her hunt with almost anyone

Good luck with that bro. Lmao
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:44 am

Ghost Hunter wrote:I recall laying down in front of TV to watch bass fishing with Bill Dance an Roland Martin. Didn't really see to many hunting shows that I recall. Always looked forward to new products. Things I didn't know about.

Thought to myself then. Sure would be neat to do something like that for a living. Never pursued it. Matter a fact I bet there is so much pressure to produce an be productive to push products that reality is lost. That's why they hunt these outfitters that is where money comes from I would think.

I heard somebody say one time. When something you enjoy doing is no longer fun it becomes a job.

Funny you say that, I just saw Bill Dance afew weeks ago at a Bass Pro. The man is still wearing that Tenessee Hat! Lol. Think the t.v fishing guys have it a lot easier, diff baits aren't looked at as gadgetry, lot easier to catch fish etc... my buddy guided a tv show host last summer on my local lake. They made him wear the same clothes for 3 days so they could make it look like everything was caught on one day.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Grasshopper

Unread postby Grasshopper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:20 am

I started to feel pitty for Winke this year, I see a man who doesn't know which way to play his hand. He seems afraid of change, yet knows that it is necessary to stay relevant. It also seems like he has lost a lot of interest or drive. I believe if he finds the drive he will find a way to continue to put for good content and I hope he figures it out.
Losing great guys like Aaron Zach and Greg will certainly take some steam out of your sails, and I have enjoyed seeing them start off on their own. Hopefully they and Winke can both bring great stuff to the table.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”