LAST CHANCE 10

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

LAST CHANCE 10

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:30 am

ImageImage This is my buck from 2013 I started getting this buck on camera every year after the December gun season.The first time I noticed this buck he was 1.5 years old. My father always fed the deer in his yard after gun season every year and I would put a camera on his bait. To see what's still left normally we would get just does and little scrub racks. But one day looking threw the picks I get this huge body buck with a super wide rack but tiny short points. I said wow if that deer makes it he could be something special in a couple years. well the stars aligned every year around December 15 this buck would show up on camera at midnight he would come in almost every night. fast forward to 2013 we stopped getting pics on the camera of the buck I figured well that's it he is dead. then on Christmas day we are all sitting their having our turkey dinner and I look out the window in the heavy snow coming down. I cant believe my eyes their he is standing behind a doe on corn like a ghost, and he was huge!!! I taped my father on shoulder and said look out the window. He gives me that what are talking about look turns his head and looks... HOLY #$%@ well now everybody was looking and I don't think that buck liked the attention and walked backwards and disappeared I the fog of the storm. I looked at my father and said I'm going to kill that buck this year. He looks back at me and says O YEA GOOD LUCK BUDDY!

so it begins. I go up the next day after the snow well no tracks figures. come back the next day ok now we are talking but now I have to sort threw the tracks of twenty deer. what's a guy to do... find the biggest ones and get going so I take off after the track with the smoke pole. I spend five hours on track trying to sort him out. finally he leads me to a small swamp. I take my time and loop the whole swamp well he's in their. but I'm not going to be able to get him out. I sat and watched over the swamp on a high ridge till dark nothing. I came back the next day circled the swamp he's in their again sat till dark nothing. I Proceeded to do this every day till last day before last day of the season. After more than a weak of tracking this buck over a mile to this same swamp and setting up on him every evening I was pretty drained. that night walking out I was pretty down on myself its was snowing again I was wondering if it was even worth it. I get home and thaw out and check the weather snows stopping at midnight. I decided I'm going to get up at 3:00 drive over too my dads walk down the road and cut in and head straight for that swamp with a climber on my back. I get all the way in their get a hundred yards off the down wind side and wait. holy mackerel is it cold out -10 with 25MPH wind whipping me in the face. sitting their asking myself what are you doing! its just light legal light and I look out... deer!!! I take a good rest and settle in doe darn it! I look behind her small basket 8 darn it! they walk around the down wind side of swamp and cut in. I say to myself well you tried... Just then I look down that trail and see this huge buck walking strait on he J hooks around and starts cutting into the swamp. I drop the hammer and thread the needle on a 130 yard poke the Buck fall in his tracks and does not flick a ear. I climb down pack up walk over I'm speechless I take some Pics with the auto timer on camera gut him and warm my hands for couple inside him and start the 5 hour drag back to the house with a bull bodied buck and 50 plus pounds of summit climber and winter gear THAT WAS GREAT BUT THE BEST ENDING EVER. the buck ended up dressing out at 205 I will never forget this deer, and telling my father TOLD YA!!!

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: LAST CHANCE 10

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:19 am

Great story and thanks for sharing! Definitely an awesome trophy!
headgear
500 Club

Re: LAST CHANCE 10

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:58 am

Congrats! :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”