Scent Crusher Products Effective?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Scent Crusher Products Effective?

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 am

Since scent elimination is a hot topic. I am curious as to how many Beast members use scent crusher products. I personally own the car unit and rarely use it and won't depend on it for hunting. I think it does an ok job of getting out the odors out of the car but in my personal opinion think the other products are a big waste of money. What do you guys think? Effective or a gimmick?

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: Scent Crusher Products Effective?

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:32 am

i have no clue. I don't use any form of scent control. my truck does smell like a damp moldy gym sock so maybe I should look into this product.
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:41 am

i think its just another gimmick . i know a guy who has this and ozonics machines well after the treatments the have a weird plasctic smell i smelled it on the way to a hunt me and him were going on together i said wat is that smell? he said its from my clothes they were in that 350 scent crusher bag i bought i lost it . lmao
just another marketing brainwash gimmick of you need this to kill this buck save your monet brother
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:47 am

Lopedog699 wrote:i think its just another gimmick . i know a guy who has this and ozonics machines well after the treatments the have a weird plasctic smell i smelled it on the way to a hunt me and him were going on together i said wat is that smell? he said its from my clothes they were in that 350 scent crusher bag i bought i lost it . lmao
just another marketing brainwash gimmick of you need this to kill this buck save your monet brother

I definitely agree with this! The way I see it, some guy in a company figured out how to use the "ozone" chemical for something to sell to hunters for an unbelievable cost. Then the company partners with other companies to get supporters. Then the company offers thousands of field staff positions. All you need to do is send in a paper application and make a purchase! Boom you are in! Sorry for ranting but this is such a joke to me and really gets me worked up.
WV Bowhunter
500 Club

Unread postby WV Bowhunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:53 am

Bowhunter15’s recent podcast went over ozone in detail. It’s a good listen if you want to know more about ozone.
Luck is when preparation meets opportunity!!
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:57 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:Bowhunter15’s recent podcast went over ozone in detail. It’s a good listen if you want to know more about ozone.

I'd be interested in his take on it. His views are pretty unbiased and informative. If I were to guess, he wouldn't buy a scent crusher product, but would rather make his own unit.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:38 am

Oh and i forgot to tell ya’s the plastic smell or the stuff that comes out of ozinics. I guess ozone. Is very cancer causing. Just a bit more info. I read this somewhere ill try to find it again
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 10:55 am

I have the scent crusher thing that plugs in your cigerette lighter in vehicles. Won it in a raffle, and not gonna lie absolutely love the the thing. Don't use it for anything hunting related, but for a stinky bubblin spit cup in the summer it keeps truck smelling great.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:52 pm

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:Since scent elimination is a hot topic. I am curious as to how many Beast members use scent crusher products. I personally own the car unit and rarely use it and won't depend on it for hunting. I think it does an ok job of getting out the odors out of the car but in my personal opinion think the other products are a big waste of money. What do you guys think? Effective or a gimmick?
if you want to save a boat load of money and have a more useful ozone machine get a commercial unit of e bay they are under a 100 bucks and do 10x the square footage and you can clean your whole house with it your car everything.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:Oh and i forgot to tell ya’s the plastic smell or the stuff that comes out of ozinics. I guess ozone. Is very cancer causing. Just a bit more info. I read this somewhere ill try to find it again

yea its not good to breath in the gas directly but they clean the air In hospitals malls and hotels with it every day I just plug my unit in and run it in a closet. it does clean the smell of mouth balls of stuff.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:36 am

What if deer in your area are used to smelling the smells you are getting rid of? Will the absense of those smells make them more wary? :mrgreen:
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:10 am

No i think its the odors (foreign) especially human where it doesnt belong is whats spooks them the most
Its like dan says somewhere dvd or podcast
If you see boot marks on your sidewalk its not gonna bother you. If you see boot marks in your backyard along the house your gonna think about it
Then if you see bootmarks climbing into your house window and treking through the whole house well your gonna freak out So imo. Deer are used to scents associated with humans in human areas. 2tracks,fields, etc. but they dont like himan or foreign scent in where they sleepor spend most of their time at
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:33 am

WV Bowhunter wrote:Bowhunter15’s recent podcast went over ozone in detail. It’s a good listen if you want to know more about ozone.

I got about half way through this podcast. Very interesting. So far I've concluded that Ozone isn't for me. Thanks for the recommendation!
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:41 am

Southern Man wrote:What if deer in your area are used to smelling the smells you are getting rid of? Will the absense of those smells make them more wary? :mrgreen:

Based on the information I gathered from bowhunter15's podcast on ozone, that isn't really how it works. The person they interview explains that ozone acts sort of like a nose jammer where they suddenly cannot smell. He describes it as the deer getting temporarily blinded since their nose is their best sense. If this is true I would think a deer wouldn't like it at all! Especially where I hunt on public. Our deer don't run into people often and are very wary of anything foreign.
Southern Man
500 Club

Unread postby Southern Man » Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:10 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
Southern Man wrote:What if deer in your area are used to smelling the smells you are getting rid of? Will the absense of those smells make them more wary? :mrgreen:

Based on the information I gathered from bowhunter15's podcast on ozone, that isn't really how it works. The person they interview explains that ozone acts sort of like a nose jammer where they suddenly cannot smell. He describes it as the deer getting temporarily blinded since their nose is their best sense. If this is true I would think a deer wouldn't like it at all! Especially where I hunt on public. Our deer don't run into people often and are very wary of anything foreign.

I was actually being half sarcastic. But I agree with you. If a buck suddenly couldn't smell, I think he'd like that worse than smelling something he doesn't like.

I hunt in several places where a deer smelling human scent is a daily occurance. They can't avoid it. It's the wrong scent in the wrong place that gets you in trouble.

All this scent elimination stuff baffles me. If you pay attention to what you are doing, it's not an issue.
You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”