Andrae?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Re: Andrae?

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:37 pm

tgreeno wrote:
jbone23 wrote:Does anyone know why he dosn't do interviews? Like a podcast with dan or something like that

Maybe he doesn't care about teaching others how to kill mature bucks? Unlike the great guy who runs this website!

A great hunter doesn't always make a great teacher.

Maybe greeno. You might be right
Some guys just like to be quiet and out of the limelight
He is just a lone wlof. Xb

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:23 pm

It would be cool to meet Andrae. I met Cody his son at deer fest last year and he seems like an alright guy!!
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:56 pm

Lopedog699 wrote:
tgreeno wrote:
jbone23 wrote:Does anyone know why he dosn't do interviews? Like a podcast with dan or something like that

Maybe he doesn't care about teaching others how to kill mature bucks? Unlike the great guy who runs this website!

A great hunter doesn't always make a great teacher.

Maybe greeno. You might be right
Some guys just like to be quiet and out of the limelight
He is just a lone wlof. Xb

He’s under a contract
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:47 pm

Now im curious what kind of contract? A sponsorship? If so what kind? Does his contract keep hm from interviews and talking?
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:09 am

Lopedog699 wrote:Now im curious what kind of contract? A sponsorship? If so what kind? Does his contract keep hm from interviews and talking?

the internet is all about getting eyes to your site simple economics
any information he has to offer to the public the parent company owns it

so if Andrae has something to say XOP wants the traffic to come to there site for various reasons
for example Google rankings
it has to do with visitor interactions and relevancy to get on page one of Google
since they implemented Rank Brain their Artificial Intelligence that monitors how people use a website
having people come to their website means you got relevant information in return get higher rankings on Google

If you read the terms of service for any site there is a clause any information you offer is theirs
Prime example Facebook they own all information and will do as they please with it for economic reasons
So I suspect Andrae's contract also is similar otherwise the parent company could send potential buyers to their competitor
Standard stuff for business
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job
Jeff G
500 Club

Unread postby Jeff G » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:18 am

Lopedog699 wrote:Now im curious what kind of contract? A sponsorship? If so what kind? Does his contract keep hm from interviews and talking?

He is under contract with xop, his employer. there was footage in one of the bedding bucks series that needed to be removed before it was released.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:53 am

Wow.
Thats crazy. Thnks.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:40 am

As Jeff stated he has terms with his new company but I think he just stays out of the spotlight nowadays. I blame XOP for not having anything from him. If he doesnt want to do anything then so be it but I feel like not letting him doing interviews w Dan is petty - considering the situation. Maybe its bc Dan wont advertise their products idk... Honestly I wouldnt mind hearing from his son, maybe some old stories running around w his Dad tracking down titans. Again, why XOP doesnt do something w these guys is a head scratcher. DIY and bedding is huge right now but im very thankful for any footage of him there is. He and Dan are the reason I changed everything about how I hunt whitetail. Im a big fan!

After a IL tag debacle years ago he took a step back. Seeing how "celeb hunters" get slammed by the public, I dont blame him. A guy that kills 200" bucks and talks about bedding gets alot of attention. They had a trailer for the new Whitetail Addictions show a few years back w Andrae in it but I never saw anything come of it. Here is the trailer. Great Video! The last slowmo shot is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-OSGgyKd_I

Here is Andrae at trade show showing off the stands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWHFCgSpTA
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:39 am

Darkknight54 wrote:

As Jeff stated he has terms with his new company but I think he just stays out of the spotlight nowadays. I blame XOP for not having anything from him. If he doesnt want to do anything then so be it but I feel like not letting him doing interviews w Dan is petty - considering the situation. Maybe its bc Dan wont advertise their products idk... Honestly I wouldnt mind hearing from his son, maybe some old stories running around w his Dad tracking down titans. Again, why XOP doesnt do something w these guys is a head scratcher. DIY and bedding is huge right now but im very thankful for any footage of him there is. He and Dan are the reason I changed everything about how I hunt whitetail. Im a big fan!

After a IL tag debacle years ago he took a step back. Seeing how "celeb hunters" get slammed by the public, I dont blame him. A guy that kills 200" bucks and talks about bedding gets alot of attention. They had a trailer for the new Whitetail Addictions show a few years back w Andrae in it but I never saw anything come of it. Here is the trailer. Great Video! The last slowmo shot is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-OSGgyKd_I

Here is Andrae at trade show showing off the stands
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObWHFCgSpTA

Great insight man. I thought the return of whitetail addiction was the reason we hadn’t seen him in anything in a while. Too bad it hasn’t been revived yet.
tgreeno
500 Club

Unread postby tgreeno » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:16 am

If I had to guess...I would say they are just busy enough running XOP, creating new products & hunting!

What does a podcast get you, if you're already one of the top manufactures in the industry? I'm that type of guy...Keep to yourself, and do your own thing! I can respect a guy for that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:18 am

Babshaft wrote:Great insight man. I thought the return of whitetail addiction was the reason we hadn’t seen him in anything in a while. Too bad it hasn’t been revived yet.

No problem and I agree. Their FB page has pics of Ashley, Cody & the XOP wrecking crew w big bucks. I havent seen anything w Andrae and really havent noticed any videos really either. Besides that trade show video at least... idk for sure but if anyone has more please let me know.

I only have Vol 1 of the old LW dvd's. I prolly need to get the rest (if possible). It was cool to see him and Dan walking the woods and talking to the camera. Pretty sure that was vol1..?
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:21 am

Darkknight54 wrote:
Babshaft wrote:Great insight man. I thought the return of whitetail addiction was the reason we hadn’t seen him in anything in a while. Too bad it hasn’t been revived yet.

No problem and I agree. Their FB page has pics of Ashley, Cody & the XOP wrecking crew w big bucks. I havent seen anything w Andrae and really havent noticed any videos really either. Besides that trade show video at least... idk for sure but if anyone has more please let me know.

I only have Vol 1 of the old LW dvd's. I prolly need to get the rest (if possible). It was cool to see him and Dan walking the woods and talking to the camera. Pretty sure that was vol1..?

Pretty sure I saw a post somewhere on here that says he only hunts when there is a buck worth chasing (extremely high standards) and lets his kids do most of the hunting on his land.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:25 am

Jonny wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:

Pretty sure I saw a post somewhere on here that says he only hunts when there is a buck worth chasing (extremely high standards) and lets his kids do most of the hunting on his land.

Probably so! Judging from some of the nice bucks taken, definitely believe that! :shock:
Babshaft
500 Club

Unread postby Babshaft » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:29 am

Darkknight54 wrote:

I think you're right, but I'm not sure either. I wish they were loaded to youtube as I don't have any of them anymore. I'll have to cruise FB too to see those XOP pics.

Jonny wrote:
Darkknight54 wrote:

That's pretty cool that he does that. He's killed a ton of amazing deer so I could understand the high standards. One day we'll get there right?
EdC

Unread postby EdC » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:16 pm

Jonny wrote:Pretty sure I saw a post somewhere on here that says he only hunts when there is a buck worth chasing (extremely high standards) and lets his kids do most of the hunting on his land.

I found this about Andrae's standards might be dated and his goals might of changed
https://www.realtree.com/all/articles/quest-for-the-record-breaker

Although D’acquisto is after the big daddy of all deer, he’s not opposed to taking smaller deer, as long as he’s certain that they don’t have the potential to reach the 200-inch mark.

“I’ve set the bar to only harvesting deer that will net over 170,” he says. “If that deer is already growing some stickers, I know that there’s no way that he’ll make it to the 204-inch range without growing all of the garbage on his antlers that would make him a non-typical, so I’ll take him. In fact, I like to get at least one really nice buck at the beginning of the season, so I feel less pressure and can spend the rest of my time in pursuit of the big boy.”
Everyone Gets Close - Few Finish The Job

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”