Moose Vs. Deer Bedding Competition

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Babshaft
500 Club

Re: Moose Vs. Deer Bedding Competition

Unread postby Babshaft » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 am

Singing Bridge wrote:The title of your thread got my blood pressure up... :lol:

When you have a world class whitetail buck bedding area you have discovered (7 X 7 typical with a 26" inside spread) and an even bigger buck using it...

Followed by some stupid, big bull moose moving in and taking it over... it really ticked me off!

I physically chased that moose out...

ignited fireworks around him...

shot him with a paintball gun...

and the stupid thing kept coming back- now that's frustration!!

Hahahaha I’ve heard you talk about that and it made me laugh at the time. Was that up here?

Now I’m starting to get a little frustrated. Every good spot I find in this swamp has a ton of moose sign and then a little bit of really nice buck sign. I’m starting to feel your pain brother hahahahaha.

If I need to use a paintball gun to get this bull outta here I’ll be getting to your level of frustration!

ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:20 am

Babshaft wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:moose making trails in deep snow have saved a lot of deer over the years I don't think the deer will be affected much they are not a threat to them they may force a mature buck from the best bed periodically but that about all that's going to happen in my opinion. you are lucky to get to see moose i wish i could see them while hunting.

Ya man I'm blessed to be here. If you ever get the hankering to hunt moose up here let me know and I'll figure out the non resident tag for you, or you can hunt off of my tag.

I'm definitely starting to think that the moose will push a mature buck out of the best bedding. I need to find more good bedding spots and figure out where the moose prefer to be and where the deer prefer to be. They definitely help each other out. They use the same trails and the same bedding locations. Hopefully I can get some pics of some moose this season!

Thanks for the help ghoast!

thanks man! I just might take you up on that one day!
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:59 am

Babshaft wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote:The title of your thread got my blood pressure up... :lol:

When you have a world class whitetail buck bedding area you have discovered (7 X 7 typical with a 26" inside spread) and an even bigger buck using it...

Followed by some stupid, big bull moose moving in and taking it over... it really ticked me off!

I physically chased that moose out...

ignited fireworks around him...

shot him with a paintball gun...

and the stupid thing kept coming back- now that's frustration!!

Hahahaha I’ve heard you talk about that and it made me laugh at the time. Was that up here?

Now I’m starting to get a little frustrated. Every good spot I find in this swamp has a ton of moose sign and then a little bit of really nice buck sign. I’m starting to feel your pain brother hahahahaha.

If I need to use a paintball gun to get this bull outta here I’ll be getting to your level of frustration!

Very frustrating... don't get me wrong, there is nothing I enjoy interacting with more than the moose as they are always a highlight. But that moose had instincts that told him to bed right where the big bucks wanted to, and the whitetails wouldn't tolerate it and moved out.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”