Trails in Swamps and Kill Trees (Winter vs Fall)?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Re: Trails in Swamps and Kill Trees (Winter vs Fall)?

Unread postby Tim H » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:20 am

Jonny wrote:
Net Guy wrote:
NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
NH Teufelhund wrote:When you guys scout in the winter and spring do you use scent control? I am pretty sure this year I’m going into territory no hunter has probably ever gone in one particular swamp and I figure I should probably try to be as scent free as possible.

This time of year I don’t worry about scent control with scouting.

I don’t worry either.

What’s this scent control you guys speak of? :whistle:

I take a shower and wash my clothes. :D

Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:33 am

Jonny wrote:
Net Guy wrote:
NH Teufelhund wrote:When you guys scout in the winter and spring do you use scent control? I am pretty sure this year I’m going into territory no hunter has probably ever gone in one particular swamp and I figure I should probably try to be as scent free as possible.

I don’t worry either.

Oh man here we go. Lmao.
NH Teufelhund

Unread postby NH Teufelhund » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:14 am

Jonny wrote:
Net Guy wrote:

I don’t worry either.

It’s funny, just yesterday I listened to Dan’s episode of Wired 2 Hunt for like the 7th or 8th time and I had forgotten he’s not a scent fanatic and I started to analyze my thoughts on it again. At the end of the day I do believe that my scentlok clothes have less scent to them than my regular camo, but I don’t think I’m going to be buying a fresh set every year or anything.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:34 pm

TheBuckPsych wrote:Just consider the areas that are iced over. Deer dont like to and have difficulty traveling on ice. Me and dan discussed this alot during my days with him. Their hoofs just dont get traction too well. So imo the deer will probably areas in the higher ground during these times.
Just a thing me and dan talked over for late season.
Hope this helps

they will avoid slick ice crusty snow ice they go right over with no problem. they also don't like the ice that floats above the swamp when water level drops if they get bumped though they will go right threw it like nothing. they just seam to know how to navigate around those sections to get to where they want.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:37 pm

NH Teufelhund wrote:
Jonny wrote:
Net Guy wrote:

I don’t worry either.

It’s funny, just yesterday I listened to Dan’s episode of Wired 2 Hunt for like the 7th or 8th time and I had forgotten he’s not a scent fanatic and I started to analyze my thoughts on it again. At the end of the day I do believe that my scentlok clothes have less scent to them than my regular camo, but I don’t think I’m going to be buying a fresh set every year or anything.

if you have a spot you need to check but don't want to stink it up do it during the rain
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”