Bit of a pickle

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Re: Bit of a pickle

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:39 am

Could you offer to split a deer 50/50 and give him some fish, with more to come if you are successful in another County?

Brickhouse

Unread postby Brickhouse » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:54 am

I guess I'm on the other side of this discussion. Don't get me wrong I love eating venison and providing my own meat but I love sharing it too. I've shot several deer over the past few years that I have given to friends or family that either didn't get a deer that year or needed the meat to help feed their families. I have no problem doing it as long as I have enough meat to get me through the year. I can absolutely relate to where everyone is coming from but I don't mind helping someone else out who wants or needs the meat.
ScottSpitzley
500 Club

Unread postby ScottSpitzley » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:15 am

Jonny wrote:If you regularly fill your doe tags and eat them all, I wouldn't do it. You could propose a counter offer and offer to set a couple stands, prep them and if he does have time to hunt, put him in the best position to get one. I'm like you though, I shoot a deer, I want to eat it, cause that is why I shot it. Would hate to give it away. I'd much rater break my back helping him shoot it than just give away a used tag knowing I could be throwing those backstraps in a pan with some onions and bacon.

This is a great idea. If he were to still give you permission with doing so, it would definitely be the better option in my opinion.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:29 am

Kraftd wrote:Could you offer to split a deer 50/50 and give him some fish, with more to come if you are successful in another County?

I already give him fish for letting me park at his house to fish lol. He prob would agree to a 50/50 split on one just hate to try and wheel en deal with the man. Think I'm gonna tell him deal. I would like to think I can atleast get on a family group of doe's in one of these new areas I scouted. If not I will just do without. I don't mind sharing natures bounty with others it just the way I've been hunting for years I could only shoot 2. My family has no prob polishing every bit of that off. Guess my decision to agree to the deal is due to the fact places to hunt are growing harder to find every year, kinda always like to make sure I have afew places.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Kraftd
500 Club

Unread postby Kraftd » Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:36 am

Boogieman1 wrote:
Kraftd wrote:Could you offer to split a deer 50/50 and give him some fish, with more to come if you are successful in another County?

I already give him fish for letting me park at his house to fish lol. He prob would agree to a 50/50 split on one just hate to try and wheel en deal with the man. Think I'm gonna tell him deal. I would like to think I can atleast get on a family group of doe's in one of these new areas I scouted. If not I will just do without. I don't mind sharing natures bounty with others it just the way I've been hunting for years I could only shoot 2. My family has no prob polishing every bit of that off. Guess my decision to agree to the deal is due to the fact places to hunt are growing harder to find every year, kinda always like to make sure I have afew places.

Yeah, if you have a good relationship with the guy now, may be worth risking the new areas and agreeing with him. Who knows, may push you to find a new honey-hole! Always roadkill too! Just broke down a doe laying half a mile from my house Sunday morning! Gave the meat to a buddy who didn't get a deer and loves venison.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”