going to start fiming 2018

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ghoasthunter
500 Club

going to start fiming 2018

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:44 am

I decided I'm going to start filming my hunts and scouting for 2018 and make a documentary / educational hunting film every year. I'm going to do it all with a go pro and tactacam. what do you guys do for editing and whats the deal with putting in music so I don't get harassed for copyright.

THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
Babshaft
500 Club

Re: going to start fiming 2018

Unread postby Babshaft » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 am

ghoasthunter wrote:I decided I'm going to start filming my hunts and scouting for 2018 and make a documentary / educational hunting film every year. I'm going to do it all with a go pro and tactacam. what do you guys do for editing and whats the deal with putting in music so I don't get harassed for copyright.

That sounds awesome man! The hunting public guys have mentioned that they use adobe premiere pro I believe for video editing. As far as music goes, I'm personally not a fan of it. I prefer the videos like behind the bow, the hunting public and the other DIY type of guys. I relate to it a lot more I guess.

Best of luck man, and I can't wait to watch!
Tim H
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100090396597022

Unread postby Tim H » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:57 am

I’ve heard many use Adobe premier but there are free software out there. For the time being I use iMovie since I have a Mac desktop and an iPhone.
ghoasthunter
500 Club

Unread postby ghoasthunter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 pm

Babshaft wrote:
ghoasthunter wrote:I decided I'm going to start filming my hunts and scouting for 2018 and make a documentary / educational hunting film every year. I'm going to do it all with a go pro and tactacam. what do you guys do for editing and whats the deal with putting in music so I don't get harassed for copyright.

That sounds awesome man! The hunting public guys have mentioned that they use adobe premiere pro I believe for video editing. As far as music goes, I'm personally not a fan of it. I prefer the videos like behind the bow, the hunting public and the other DIY type of guys. I relate to it a lot more I guess.

Best of luck man, and I can't wait to watch!
sounds good yea I plan on doing some artistic cinematic sections using some old Viking music and such. keeping to my ancestral lineage. my grandparents came from Germany but their people all came from the north. probably why I am over 6 foot tall and can sit out in freezing cold all day in mid season clothes lol. my encounters in tree will all be raw footage.
THE MOST IMPORTANT TOOL A HUNTER HAS IS BETWEEN HIS SHOULDERS
harold

Unread postby harold » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:35 pm

I can't help you out with the filming questions, but I'm excited to see the final product!
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:08 pm

I would also recommend using cellphone for videos. ;)
Rob loper
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/heBuckPsych/

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:46 am

Ghost i use imovie then a app i downloaded to my computer. Editing is very time consuming. At first you tibe lets max of 15 minute long videos. Then as your support grows it allows longer i think. But its alot of work. Ive been busting my hut everu day but i love it
Ive walked over 35 miles in 3 weeks. Plus when finding new areas i get pumped. Songs or music you just have to label who sang the song and it wont be monitized. But youtube has a list of free music you can download too
Its very rewarding and satisfying doing it. And hopefully someone learns a thing or two from your videos
tbunao
500 Club

Unread postby tbunao » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:29 am

GoPro and tactacams are good second angles but not really that good for actual footage. I would really suggest getting at least a handy cam or something along the lines if you are trying to do a documentary or scouting footage. Not having the ability to zoom and good sound quycan kill the videos. You can get good cams for around $299. As far as editing software I’m running HitFilm Express right now (it’s free) but will be upgrading to final cut shortly. IMovie is a great alternative as well.

I’ve been running my phone and tripod for the past few weeks while waiting for my camera and accessories. Phones these days are pretty darn amazing
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:36 am

If you are interested in what tbunao said, I just picked up a Canon hf R80 for $284.00 with an 32 gb SD card at Best Buy. The deal was only in store though. It seems to be a decent entry level camcorder.
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:28 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:If you are interested in what tbunao said, I just picked up a Canon hf R80 for $284.00 with an 32 gb SD card at Best Buy. The deal was only in store though. It seems to be a decent entry level camcorder.

I have a sony handycam dcr sx40 all my you tube videos are done with that. Works just fine about 180-200
I will say i have an iphone 8 and it records very nice videos and zooms and all too.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:33 pm

tbunao wrote:GoPro and tactacams are good second angles but not really that good for actual footage. I would really suggest getting at least a handy cam or something along the lines if you are trying to do a documentary or scouting footage. Not having the ability to zoom and good sound quycan kill the videos. You can get good cams for around $299. As far as editing software I’m running HitFilm Express right now (it’s free) but will be upgrading to final cut shortly. IMovie is a great alternative as well.

I’ve been running my phone and tripod for the past few weeks while waiting for my camera and accessories. Phones these days are pretty darn amazing

x2. I would suggest getting a camera arm or some sort of tripod also for getting footage at your setups. If I click on a youtube video and see it was filmed with gopro, I close it and look for something better. I just get sea sick with all the bouncing around and unclear footage. Good luck with your videos whatever you do.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:00 am

Look at mine on you tube i use a sony handy cam and its fine. I gave a hunt i filmed with the beast camera arm.
The arm is well worth the money. Its great. I bought a little bensable tripod called the claw. 12.99 on amazon
And camera handle for walking for 9.99$. All on amazon
Its not a high dollar thing. And shouldnt be
You do not need these high dollar cameras or equipment to film stuff
I really think that people like to see raw footage rather than outakes and practiced scenes. Which most of the guys are doing. Not all but alot. My channel is raw and real. And always public. Never private.never leased. Not even oral permission. Alot of these guys on you tube are filming hunts scouting trips etc on private property they get permission to go on for free and call it public. Its not the same
Check it out. Hit link below. If interested pm me if need help or questions anytime
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:00 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:If you are interested in what tbunao said, I just picked up a Canon hf R80 for $284.00 with an 32 gb SD card at Best Buy. The deal was only in store though. It seems to be a decent entry level camcorder.

Awesome thats all you need
Tim H
500 Club

Unread postby Tim H » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:54 am

TheBuckPsych wrote:

Yep, I'm also going to be adding in the Beast arm. Thanks for sending me those pics!
Rob loper
500 Club

Unread postby Rob loper » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:59 am

NorthwoodsWiscoHnter wrote:
TheBuckPsych wrote:

Yep, I'm also going to be adding in the Beast arm. Thanks for sending me those pics!

Anytime my brotha

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”