Going to get aggressive

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Pager24

Going to get aggressive

Unread postby Pager24 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:20 am

I'm a fairly new beast. Tomorrow I'm going to try to get more aggressive than I've ever hunted. Trying to target a potentially overlooked spot. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this setup? I'll be having a N to slight NE wind ~10 mph. I'm hunting an oak ridge with bedding pretty much scattered throughout. The only way I see this setup working is if I sit on the downside of the ridge (the road side of the ridge is very steep and not much to entice them to travel that direction). However, I am worried my thermals may not be right for this setup? From what I understand, my thermals will be rising throughout the morning but I am wondering how much the wind would prevent those thermals from getting to the bedding area I'm targeting? I've seen pretty decent and recent big buck sign so I'm pretty confident something will be on the ridge. I plan to setup roughly 80 yards from known bedding. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

yellow- wind direction
orange- additional doe bedding
red- entry
blue- potential stand site

setup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Crazinamatese

Re: Going to get aggressive

Unread postby Crazinamatese » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:37 am

My guess is deer will bed where those thermals hit the prevailing wind. I believe Dan taught us to hunt in the bottom at daybreak then get up on the high ground late morning once those thermals start getting active.
The cave you fear hides the treasure you seek!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”