"I wish there were big bucks on PA Public." Shout out to Hunting Public Hunting Challenge

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Double Draw

"I wish there were big bucks on PA Public." Shout out to Hunting Public Hunting Challenge

Unread postby Double Draw » Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:48 pm

This guy isn't the biggest PA Public buck I have seen but I did get some good footage of him with my new camcorder at 20 yards.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohZiCWqZAhg

comeback_kid

Re: "I wish there were big bucks on PA Public." Shout out to Hunting Public Hunting Challenge

Unread postby comeback_kid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:33 am

What a stud! I’m curious as to what part of PA. Not looking for exact location or anything but just wondering if it’s like Western PA, Eastern PA, Central PA etc.
rfickes87
500 Club

Re: "I wish there were big bucks on PA Public." Shout out to Hunting Public Hunting Challenge

Unread postby rfickes87 » Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:23 am

Cool Video! I had to laugh at his head bobbing at the end...
"Pressure and Time. That's all it takes, really. Pressure, and time..."
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:24 am

comeback_kid wrote:What a stud! I’m curious as to what part of PA. Not looking for exact location or anything but just wondering if it’s like Western PA, Eastern PA, Central PA etc.

Western PA
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Sep 17, 2020 3:30 am

nice... like to see him during the challenge
NorthStar
500 Club

Unread postby NorthStar » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:23 am

Thanks for sharing! Can't wait till you post a pic of him on the Beast Buck Lineup!
“The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.”
‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭12:27‬ ‭NIV‬‬
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:38 am

Any idea of when the challenge is? Or is that being kept on the DL for now?
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
comeback_kid

Unread postby comeback_kid » Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:25 am

Double Draw wrote:
comeback_kid wrote:What a stud! I’m curious as to what part of PA. Not looking for exact location or anything but just wondering if it’s like Western PA, Eastern PA, Central PA etc.

Western PA

That was my guess. Seems Western PA has bigger bucks. Or at least they are more common there
sojourner

Unread postby sojourner » Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:47 pm

Western PA has more restrictive antler restrictions. I would expect better buck quality where the antler restrictions are more restrictive. In any case, I cannot wait to see what bucks get killed during the public land challenge in PA!

http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingtrap ... tions.html
thepennsylvanian
500 Club

Unread postby thepennsylvanian » Fri Sep 18, 2020 12:40 am

There's gonna be a lot of negativity coming from the public land challenge being in PA. So many guys love to say that we have it hard here, when in reality the majority of hunters are just not good hunters, plain and simple. I know from experience, and continue to learn this fact every year, but I'm getting better because I'm learning. PA is a unbelievable state for opportunity, access, herd size, quality, and price tag.
Them fellas on the PLC know what they are doing and I'm confident that they well get the job done. I'm very excited to see my state showcased in a way that will highlight the quality experience it can provide!

@ double draw - what were the exact lat/lon? Asking for a friend. :lol: :D 8-)
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 am

dan wrote:nice... like to see him during the challenge

There are plenty bigger than that. Just got a camcorder so now I can back up what I see with video. Good luck with the Challenge!
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:43 am

NorthStar wrote:Thanks for sharing! Can't wait till you post a pic of him on the Beast Buck Lineup!

Actually he is not on my hit list right now. Bigger fish to fry!
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:44 am

Chuck B wrote:Any idea of when the challenge is? Or is that being kept on the DL for now?

I don't know but Dan may know the answer.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:47 am

comeback_kid wrote:
Double Draw wrote:

Western PA

That was my guess. Seems Western PA has bigger bucks. Or at least they are more common there

There are a lot of good bucks in most of PA. Urban areas have some monsters if that's your thing and you are willing to knock on doors. The big woods has some monsters but lower densities so patience is necessary. Farmland is also really good and if you do your research many farmers will let you hunt. I stick to public though.
Double Draw

Unread postby Double Draw » Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:48 am

sojourner wrote:Western PA has more restrictive antler restrictions. I would expect better buck quality where the antler restrictions are more restrictive. In any case, I cannot wait to see what bucks get killed during the public land challenge in PA!

http://read.nxtbook.com/pgc/huntingtrap ... tions.html

I think there will be one or more big boys harvested!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”