I think I'm finally a beast.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Djp32

Re: I think I'm finally a beast.

Unread postby Djp32 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:05 am

Pretty beastie in my book! Way to go man, congrats!!!

AndreSaavedra

Unread postby AndreSaavedra » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:45 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
BJ99Robinson

Unread postby BJ99Robinson » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:56 pm

That's a great buck, congrats!!!
minnesotahunter
Facebook: No Facebook

Unread postby minnesotahunter » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:40 pm

Beast mode.
"If you consider an unsuccessful hunt to be a waste of time, then the true meaning of the chase eludes you all together"
KPillinois

Unread postby KPillinois » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Wow that's awesome, you're definitely a beast !!!!!!
I've changed my ways, I'm now looking for big bucks on public land.
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Sat Nov 28, 2020 12:27 am

Nice job, great deer
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
MichiganMike
500 Club

Unread postby MichiganMike » Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:33 am

Great job and great story! what a first buck!
WVArcher32

Unread postby WVArcher32 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:43 am

Great job man!
wolfie729
500 Club

Unread postby wolfie729 » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:21 pm

Good job! Great buck!
Earn what’s never given.
Jimmy wallhanger
500 Club

Unread postby Jimmy wallhanger » Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:42 am

nice
"I don't care if you use it or not, I could care less, There's no money in it for me, Im not making any money from scent-lok... I'm making a little bit of royalties from the saddlehunter suit"
buttonbuck
500 Club

Unread postby buttonbuck » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:24 pm

Matthewkatz wrote:It has taken me 4 years of hunting and I finally killed my first buck and I don't think its a bad one either. I got up at 3:00 on November 23, took my little jon boat across the lake in the pitch black to go hunt some public land on the other side I had scouted in january after season last year where I found an 11 point skull.. After my half hour boat ride I had to spend another half hour climbing a 300 foot ridge that was so steep I had to climb on all fours, while carrying 30lbs worth of treestand. I then set up just at daybreak and decided to do an ll day sit. I saw only one doe at around 10:00 a ways down the hill eating on acorns and that was it. There were massive rubs and scraped all over the hilltop so I know there was a buck in the area so I figured he had a hot doe on lockdown. So at around 1:00 I decided to take down my stand and move 300 yards down the ridge and sneak as close as I could get to the powerlines/cutover where I found beds last year scouting. I waited all the rest of the day freezing my but off and counting down until I can finally get home and get some rest untill 10 minutes before legal light ends this big bruiser came through trotting. I grunted at him and he kept on going to the other side of the hill and then I snort wheezed and he came sneaking back and I had a perfect broadside shot at 60 yards, mouth bleated for him to stop, he did, I settled and pulled the trigger on my granpa's .308. The buck took off like nothing happened over to the other side of the hill and I thought I missed. I kept thinking how could I miss, the shot was so perfect. I called my dad cursing and crying and he calmed down and said there was a good chance I hit him but he might have been so rutted up and full of adrenaline that he might of acted like nothing happened. So I climbed down my stand and went to look for blood bet never found any and I swear I missed and I really did not want to crawl down the 300 ft bluff way where I last heard him running but I felt I owed it to the deer to look as hard as I could. not even 30 yards down the bluffwall, the buck was laying there and all I could see was antler. I slid down the bluff and found I had a perfect heart shot and the darn thing rand 40 yards with a softball sized hole where his heart used to be. the hill was so steep that there was no way I was getting this boy back up the hill so I had to slide down the hill with him. we both slid down the 200 ft until the bottom of the ravine. I decided there was no way I was getting this thing out in the dark so I burried him with leaves in hopes it would hide him from the coyotes and I had to walk a mile through the ravine back to my boat and make it back across the lake and go home for the night and rest for the recovery mission. It was 36 degrees that night so the meat wasnt going to spoil. I borrowed a wagon made for hauling small items from my buddy and me and my dad went back across the lake at 7:00 the next morning. It took us 6 hours to pull him through all the ditches, and deadfalls, and brush in the ravine and on the way back the boat was barely sticking out of the water with us 3 big guys in it. after all that on the way home, my dad truck tire had a blowout and we didnt have a spare which means we didnt get back home until 3:00 and I still had to butcher the deer because I didn't feel I could leave it hang in 50 degree weather. I stayed up untill 1:00 AM processing it myself. I hope you guys stuck around and read this long story about my first buck. It was an adventure and I wanted to share it. Long story short, there are big bucks on tennessee public land but you have to be a little crazy to get them.It might have only been a rifle kill but the if the amount of hard work I had to do to get my first buck doesnt make me a beast I dont know what does.

You done good bud. Thats a killer buck. Took me about that long to land a slob. Keep at it.
218er
500 Club

Unread postby 218er » Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:30 pm

That’s a stud. Congratulations
Persistence is undefeated.
CattailCommander

Unread postby CattailCommander » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:07 pm

Congrats, how did the wagon work for pulling it out? My dad has a wagon like that but its more of a utility/lawn & garden wagon, bigger wide wheels and a poly "box". I've always thought about trying it since its relatively flat here. The spots I'd use it in I'd more than likely be quartering the deer up gutless method, packing it out of the cattails/marsh grass then using the wagon to pull everything back which is a pretty easy walk & terrain from then on, otherwise it'd be 1.5 miles one way packing or dragging a deer out.
Ragepassthru

Unread postby Ragepassthru » Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:38 pm

Way to go!!!! Great job and congrats :)
Ridgerunner7
500 Club

Unread postby Ridgerunner7 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:41 am

Congratulations, Way to work!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”