November Wisconsin Wolf Hunt

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Muskyhunter

November Wisconsin Wolf Hunt

Unread postby Muskyhunter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Hey fellow Wisconsin beasts. I am just wondering what your thoughts are about the next wolf hunt in November. I love the fact that we are able to manage the wolf heard. What I do not like at all is the fact that it starts in November. As an avid bow hunter I am getting so tired of our seasons being messed with. Doe hunts, holiday hunts, a proposed 30 day gun season and now a wolf hunt. Enough already.

Uncle Lou

Re: November Wisconsin Wolf Hunt

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm

More than one species to manage in this world. Got to roll with it. I get it, nobody wants anything messing up "their hunting", especially on public land. All those pesky duck hunters, and rabbit hunters, and those pesky gun deer hunters, etc, etc, ...
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:26 pm

I'm happy to see the wolf hunt no matter when it is. If it starts in November it's difficult to run them with dogs without snow and in most areas houndsmen know they can't run dogs until after deer season or they'll off land owners. Now we're down to calling and trapping, I'll happily share the fall woods with trappers and a few guys calling.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:28 pm

Don’t worry. After we blew by the quota I’ll be surprised if the anti’s don’t shut the season down again. Hope not but wouldn’t be shocked if it happens. They’re already in an uproar over it.
bigbuckhunter88
500 Club

Unread postby bigbuckhunter88 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:21 pm

Dewey wrote:Don’t worry. After we blew by the quota I’ll be surprised if the anti’s don’t shut the season down again. Hope not but wouldn’t be shocked if it happens. They’re already in an uproar over it.

Not just the antis either. Many so called "conservationists" and social media celebrity hunters opposing the season
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:27 pm

bigbuckhunter88 wrote:
Dewey wrote:Don’t worry. After we blew by the quota I’ll be surprised if the anti’s don’t shut the season down again. Hope not but wouldn’t be shocked if it happens. They’re already in an uproar over it.

Not just the antis either. Many so called "conservationists" and social media celebrity hunters opposing the season

They obviously never hunted in an area with wolf packs or actually live there and lost livestock or family pets to wolves. Easy for people like that to judge with no real world experience.
purebowhunting
500 Club

Unread postby purebowhunting » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Dewey wrote:
bigbuckhunter88 wrote:

They obviously never hunted in an area with wolf packs or actually live there and lost livestock or family pets to wolves. Easy for people like that to judge with no real world experience.

A quota is not a limit or a cap, its not uncommon to exceed a quota. People don't seem to grasp that.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:46 pm

purebowhunting wrote:
Dewey wrote:
bigbuckhunter88 wrote:

A quota is not a limit or a cap, its not uncommon to exceed a quota. People don't seem to grasp that.

Yup. Same thing happens with bear hunting and deer antlerless tags all the time but the anti’s don’t see that as acceptable.
clandestine.misfit

Unread postby clandestine.misfit » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm

Uncle Lou wrote:More than one species to manage in this world. Got to roll with it. I get it, nobody wants anything messing up "their hunting", especially on public land. All those pesky duck hunters, and rabbit hunters, and those pesky gun deer hunters, etc, etc, ...

Dang squirrel hunters
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:54 am

clandestine.misfit wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:More than one species to manage in this world. Got to roll with it. I get it, nobody wants anything messing up "their hunting", especially on public land. All those pesky duck hunters, and rabbit hunters, and those pesky gun deer hunters, etc, etc, ...

Dang squirrel hunters

exactly, nobody should be allowed on public land unless they hunt from a treestand for big bucks during archery with a bow. :lol: :lol:
Muskyhunter

Unread postby Muskyhunter » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:08 am

Uncle Lou wrote:

Dang squirrel hunters

exactly, nobody should be allowed on public land unless they hunt from a treestand for big bucks during archery with a bow. :lol: :lol:

I hunt from a saddle, shoot little bucks if I'm lucky and hunt with a bow, rifle and muzzleloader. Who are you talking about? Just kidding. Thank you all for the feedback. I just wanted to see how others felt. Some good points were made, some of which I hadn't considered.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:11 am

Muskyhunter wrote:
Uncle Lou wrote:

Dang squirrel hunters

I hunt from a saddle, shoot little bucks if I'm lucky and hunt with a bow, rifle and muzzleloader. Who are you talking about? Just kidding. Thank you all for the feedback. I just wanted to see how others felt. Some good points were made, some of which I hadn't considered.

I was just messing, glad you didn't get bristled up. Welcome to the BEAST. Hope you stay around
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:26 am

As successful as this hunt was I think February is a perfect time. Nothing else really going on now so zero conflicts with others. November is kind of an odd time to set up the hunt. Everybody in the woods at once will no doubt lower success for everyone. Maybe that’s the goal. :think:
erics218

Unread postby erics218 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:37 pm

I believe the Nov hunt is the same as what MN did when we had a wolf season. They made it so deer hunters could have a wolf tag in their pocket while deer hunting.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:41 pm

erics218 wrote:I believe the Nov hunt is the same as what MN did when we had a wolf season. They made it so deer hunters could have a wolf tag in their pocket while deer hunting.

That’s a great option to have in wolf country. Some guys see more wolves than deer.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”