Addicted to Forums

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Re: Addicted to Forums

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:37 am

It started out I was desperate to learn a different way to hunt. I found the beast though Garrett (diysportsman) on youtube. He was talking about aggressive tactics that I had been taught the opposite of all my life and I cruised the all time tactic thread for a few months before going. Then I met some guys that were as crazy or more crazy then me hunting Florida swamps and getting it done a lot more often then I was. And that morphed into a love for all kinds of terrains and tactics some that work for me some that I haven’t been able to apply, but the constant info here was there was no short cut for hard work. I was on a bunch of forums and this is the only one I still regularly i.e. almost daily. A huge hats off to Dan and the moderators here. I’ve had posts edited and taken down when I crossed the line, but was always given an explanation and from my point of view it has been across the board I don’t see that certain people can get away with one things and others can’t and that can be hard for moderators. This is the best ran forum I’ve ever been a part of. Left, right, center, religious, not religious everyone is allowed to speak their mind so long as it doesn’t belittle another and when you think about the diverse culture we have here it is highly impressive.

Tuf- The below average hunting beast
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:53 am

I think the majority of us learned opposite.
But if we hunt like everyone, we have success like everyone.

I was taught to sit and wait. A lot of good that did me.

Now I chase them and hunt them. My success rate has skyrocketed. If not in kills, in opportunities. I measure my hunts now by.... was I in the game? Did I see him and it just didn’t work out? What did I learn? How do I adjust?

I don’t need to see 20 deer a sit. I need to see one. And it is THE one.
Ryan
Upatreeinwv

Unread postby Upatreeinwv » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:55 am

I agree with being drawn for seeing other's tactics. I love to read about others tactics. Even if someone just thought of an idea and it's not tried and true yet, it's still fun to listen and consider.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:40 pm

I’ve been a member of this site for its entirety because it’s likeminded hunters discussing hunting and there is always something to learn no matter how long you have been hunting
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:27 pm

tim wrote:I’ve been a member of this site for its entirety because it’s likeminded hunters discussing hunting and there is always something to learn no matter how long you have been hunting

You know, everywhere I go I meet great people, and some not so great people, but very few like minded folks who crave chasing whitetails, or understand me and my passions... This place is the exception everyone seems like family, and sadly, in some cases closer to me than family... Among the members some of you are my therapists, some my mentors, some my comedians, and some just a shoulder to lean on... Its a place where we can have an opinion that differs and still get along and learn from each other. Every now and then a self absorbed weirdo gets in, but for the most part, and especially with the long term guys we are indeed a family...
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:23 am

I come to forums to discuss topics im interested in with other like minded and mostly level headed individuals who live a bit outside the societal norms being established by mostly urban/suburban people who live an entirely different existence detached from what I consider the real world (the natural world). The older I get the more I find I have nothing in common with those considered the "norm" in society. I don't find continued urbanization and urban sprawl in which natural areas are being clear cut to put in more and more fast food joints, subdivisions that attract city people to move to the burbs, and strip malls to be progress at all. I find it to be a negative.

That is why I have deleted my social media accounts completely and stick to my family, circle of friends, coworkers, and forums. I find WAY more real people on the forums and really despise the OBVIOUS social engineering and manipulation of people that is going on in social media like FB, IG, Twitter, etc. My kid will never have an account until he moves out and sets it up himself. By that time, hopefully ive done my part in making him a free thinking individual capable of making his own decisions. Id let him join a forum any day though.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:30 am

dan wrote:
tim wrote:I’ve been a member of this site for its entirety because it’s likeminded hunters discussing hunting and there is always something to learn no matter how long you have been hunting

You know, everywhere I go I meet great people, and some not so great people, but very few like minded folks who crave chasing whitetails, or understand me and my passions... This place is the exception everyone seems like family, and sadly, in some cases closer to me than family... Among the members some of you are my therapists, some my mentors, some my comedians, and some just a shoulder to lean on... Its a place where we can have an opinion that differs and still get along and learn from each other. Every now and then a self absorbed weirdo gets in, but for the most part, and especially with the long term guys we are indeed a family...

Amen to this Dan!
Chuck B
500 Club

Unread postby Chuck B » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:49 am

I am here for the hunting knowledge, the comradarie, the escape from “real life”, and the Tik Tok videos.
If you aren't green and growing, you are ripe and rotting
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:31 pm

I think most of my reasons for coming back day after day have been stated. Where else can I go to hear how things are going from a bunch of folks who are hard wired to hunt like I am. I bring up hunting talk anywhere else than here and usually it's not what I am looking to talk about
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
PA60

Unread postby PA60 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:21 am

I’m new to this forum and sort of a social recluse (by choice), but my goal is to absorb as much info I can from folks I consider more experienced and smarter than I will ever be regarding hunting.
“From the point of ignition, to the final drive, the point of the journey is not to arrive.”
1STRANGEWILDERNESS
500 Club

Unread postby 1STRANGEWILDERNESS » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 am

The like minded folks is the big draw for me. I crave the talk, tactics etc but my wife don’t, most my buddies don’t either.

I did have to take a break from the beast for a little while because I was too addicted!!
don’t be broadcasting when you should be tuning in
phade
500 Club

Unread postby phade » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:23 am

dan wrote:

Not for nothing Dan, but this forum has been able to maintain the integrity of the group even after the FB group took off. Different vibe and interaction level. Glad to see this forum kept its characteristics.
http://www.pursuitoutdoors.com
Trail Camera Sales, Industry Updates, and Cam Troubleshooting - PM for HB pricing
Jrdeerhuntr

Unread postby Jrdeerhuntr » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:31 am

I come to the forum for a multitude of reasons, first foremost was the thirst for knowledge. From the first time I learned of the beast style of hunting I was hooked. I have guys I hunt with, but none of them are willing to commit to it even though they have seen the success it has produced. It literally blows my mind they do not want to commit to it. The longer I have been here the more I notice the people on this site are more like minded with me versus my real life hunting buddies. My real life hunting buddies just are not willing to put in the time or effort.
Babscanes

Unread postby Babscanes » Wed May 12, 2021 5:27 am

To see if I can learn something new that applies to my areas.

Also exactly what Dan said. I’d rather hang out with guys like me who can’t get enough of this than try and explain it to someone new. I don’t need to explain myself here. You are all like me already.
Brokenarrow1980
500 Club

Unread postby Brokenarrow1980 » Wed May 12, 2021 5:48 am

I have learned so much about whitetail deer following this content its ridiculous. This is also the only place to learn wind in depth. It has forever changed my hunting and outlook on hunting that im forever grateful. Thank you Dan for creating this awesome community!!!!
It's all fun and games till someone looses an eye..... then its just fun

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”