Trash in the woods

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
G-Patt
500 Club

Re: Trash in the woods

Unread postby G-Patt » Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:15 am

UntouchableNess wrote:It appears that Busch Light is the preferred local beerfrom the number of beer cans in the ditches around the farm. Then we have been gifted with microwaves and other appliances tossed in the ditch. To take them to the local trash transfer station, there is a disposal fee, which people are trying to avoid. Quite intentional to load up your junk and drive out into the country to find a dark road to unload it....
:lol: This is sooo true on the public I scouted this weekend. It amazes me that I could be 1.5 miles from the closest road or parking lot, and damn Busch Light can is where I'd least expect it. Does anyone have any insight into this? Like why the heck do I see this more than I should? My mind thinks that someone killed a deer back here, and someone thought it was a good idea to pick up a few Busch beers from the cooler after retrieving the deer cart and drink a few after cleaning it and tying it down to the deer cart. Is that a thing?

On my deathbed, I will receive total consciousness. So I have that going for me, which is nice!
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:00 am

G-Patt wrote:
UntouchableNess wrote:It appears that Busch Light is the preferred local beerfrom the number of beer cans in the ditches around the farm. Then we have been gifted with microwaves and other appliances tossed in the ditch. To take them to the local trash transfer station, there is a disposal fee, which people are trying to avoid. Quite intentional to load up your junk and drive out into the country to find a dark road to unload it....
:lol: This is sooo true on the public I scouted this weekend. It amazes me that I could be 1.5 miles from the closest road or parking lot, and damn Busch Light can is where I'd least expect it. Does anyone have any insight into this? Like why the heck do I see this more than I should? My mind thinks that someone killed a deer back here, and someone thought it was a good idea to pick up a few Busch beers from the cooler after retrieving the deer cart and drink a few after cleaning it and tying it down to the deer cart. Is that a thing?

Busch is the preferred beer of guys who can’t go more than 2 hours without needing a beer.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:00 am

Two 50” flat screens in a local public hunting land parking lot. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So tired of idiots using public land as their own personal dumping ground. :twisted:
RiverBottoms
500 Club

Unread postby RiverBottoms » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:22 am

I will say I see a lot of trash in the public every year, but this year has been the worst ever
sagDE

Unread postby sagDE » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm

This crap drives me crazy! The fact that the types of trash go so far back in age is also ridiculous. From pull tab beer cans to modern tide laundry detergent bottles, we’ve got it all! Plus the parking areas being used as dumpsters.
szwampdonkey
500 Club

Unread postby szwampdonkey » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:58 am

I think Covid brought out a different breed this year to be honest. Ive seen FAR more of this type of stuff than I ever have before. I mean, its always been there but not to the degree Ive seen it this year.

Case in point, I hunt on some Nature Conservancy Land where they allow you to leave stands up during the season so I have a single stand I leave out until the end of the season as its a 5 min drive from my house. I call it my "easy button" and I hunt it when I don't really have time to hunt like after work and such. Well, one day I head out and there is another stand put up no joke literally less than 5 yards away from mine on the next tree over. At the base of that tree is a sandwich bag, snickers wrapper, 3 cigarette butts, and a Mountain Dew Can. Told me all I needed to know of the quality of the character that would set up a stand 5 yards away from another guy that's already there.

I cleaned up all his trash after I took my stand down and headed out with no plans to return to that particular spot this year. Im a polite guy but had he happened to come in while I was there it wouldn't have been pretty.
GetHomeSafe

Unread postby GetHomeSafe » Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:34 pm

I live in the woods Hayward, WI. My wife and I have picked up bags of trash from the side of the road up and down from where we live but you can't keep up. It's a beautiful pristine area. Some people just think the whole world is a trash can. The only thing I ever throw in the woods, hunting or otherwise, is quickly biodegradable stuff like a apple core.
Drich

Unread postby Drich » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:39 am

The closest State Forest to me has a group that tries to keep it clean. If you disperse camp there, you will have your license plate written down and your spot checked after you leave. Once someone dumped deer carcasses where I had just camped (and filled a bag with garbage not my own) and I had to explain myself out of that situation. Now I try to take pictures of my campsites after I have packed up.
Jurist

Unread postby Jurist » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:21 am

This has been created, at least the flat screens and electronics stuff, because trying to take it to the landfill it’ll cost you 10 or $15. Well some guys say I’m not paying 15 bucks to throw something away, so they find someplace to dump it. Which is why you find fridges and stuff like that
"We know they are lying,
they know they are lying,
they know we know they are lying,
we know they know we know they are lying,
but they are still lying."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Feb 11, 2021 9:23 am

Jurist wrote:This has been created, at least the flat screens and electronics stuff, because trying to take it to the landfill it’ll cost you 10 or $15. Well some guys say I’m not paying 15 bucks to throw something away, so they find someplace to dump it. Which is why you find fridges and stuff like that

My landfill charges $25 per item and it doesn’t matter if it’s an old VCR or a huge chest freezer. They’re all the same price.

While I agree it ridiculous to pay that to get rid of the stuff it’s far more ridiculous to use public land to dispose of it and having zero respect for others using the land. A few years back over winter a few hundred old tires were dumped in a local public land parking area. Obviously a tire business trying to save money or maybe even a contractor who was paid to dispose of them and pocketed the money instead of paying the disposal portion of their fee. Absolutely wrong and those involved should be tracked down and given maximum fines. The good thing is these idiots aren’t too smart. Many times they get caught by having mail or other identifying info in the garbage so they’re easily trackable. Not to mention many things have serial #’s on them and can be tracked back to an owner.
BRoth82
500 Club

Unread postby BRoth82 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:43 am

I always seem to find old beer cans, or pop cans. Don't understand why these guys can't pack it out if you packed it in.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:53 pm

Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 2:47 am

They are just two of the 1000’s of scumbags doing this. Great video and I’m glad they got caught.
Ryan
greenhorndave
500 Club

Unread postby greenhorndave » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:26 am

Glad they got nailed. :clap:

Now, about the rest of them... :twisted:
----------
Sometimes when things get tough, weird or both, you just need to remember this...
https://youtu.be/d4tSE2w53ts
Ryan549
500 Club

Unread postby Ryan549 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:33 am

greenhorndave wrote:Glad they got nailed. :clap:

Now, about the rest of them... :twisted:

Maybe all us public land hunters should put a cam on a parking lot. We are the ones that get blamed for this trash, time to fight back.
Ryan

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”