Parking on public land.

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

nanookodanorth

Re: Parking on public land.

Unread postby nanookodanorth » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:44 am

Singing Bridge wrote: I'll start waving my machete that looks like a "sword" around if they look like they may want to come over and talk...

Oh, that was you?

LOL

I'm probably thinking about big bucks right now!
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:27 am

nanookodanorth wrote:
Singing Bridge wrote: I'll start waving my machete that looks like a "sword" around if they look like they may want to come over and talk...

Oh, that was you?

LOL

Yes, stay back!

:lol:
mike_mc
500 Club

Unread postby mike_mc » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:48 am

This past fall I shot a buck and my friend came to help me drag it out. The parking area was full so he parked on the other side of the road, private land on that side. We dragged it out for a while, my brother came to help and I walked back to the truck to meet him. There were two cop cars and the warden looking for us. The private land owners reported my friends car parked on the side of the road. The cop told me in the future to not park on that side. I think the land owners were just being jerks.

I the wkp podcast with czabs(Curtis Zabel) the host says he research it, and you can't park along a township road because the property owner owns up to the center of the road. That part is 41 minutes in and is episode #25.
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:01 am

mike_mc wrote:This past fall I shot a buck and my friend came to help me drag it out. The parking area was full so he parked on the other side of the road, private land on that side. We dragged it out for a while, my brother came to help and I walked back to the truck to meet him. There were two cop cars and the warden looking for us. The private land owners reported my friends car parked on the side of the road. The cop told me in the future to not park on that side. I think the land owners were just being jerks.

I the wkp podcast with czabs(Curtis Zabel) the host says he research it, and you can't park along a township road because the property owner owns up to the center of the road. That part is 41 minutes in and is episode #25.

The property owner doesn't own up to the center of the road. They don't even own the first couple feet of their driveway. There is a right of way along the road that accounts for the road, utilities, water control, etc. Only reason towns don't allow parking along roads is because of bad experiences and the homeowners having enough money and power to get what they want.

It could have been a private drive you were on as well? But if its a city street, they own the pavement, plus the right of way on either side. Typically it'll be a couple feet or more past the edge of the pavement. I know this from having to rip out driveways for asphalt paving. Some homeowners for some reason don't understand that you can spend all the money you want to put in a nice concrete driveway, but the city still can rip out the part they own.
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”