A Walk in the PA Woods

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Beastintraining

A Walk in the PA Woods

Unread postby Beastintraining » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:55 am

So I have used this site more for research on strategies, approach and scouting from reading threads and listening to the podcasts. I don't get to post much (half the time I try it tells me I have an invalid format) but I do take what I read and listen and try to put it into practice. Thing is I am not sure I am doing it right. So I am taking Mario's advice from the last podcast and seeing if any of the PA guys around here would mind going to a public land spot with me and be a mentor for a day.

I would pick a random public land spot or one that I am familiar so you know I am not trying to poach your spot and I would just like to go through my process for finding spots beast style. If you wouldn't mind I would bounce ideas off of you, ask opinions and just hopefully refine my approach (maybe help you as well, I might know something new haha).

Shoot me a PM if you are willing to meet up. Hope this doesn't sound as sad as I think it does....just looking for someone with similar hunting strategies/ethics to bounce some ideas off of.

Beastintraining

Re: A Walk in the PA Woods

Unread postby Beastintraining » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:34 am

I should of said Walk in the PA Woods, Earn Beer or Whiskey of your choice hahaha
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 am

PM sent.
Grasshopper

Unread postby Grasshopper » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:53 am

I would really enjoy getting together with other beasts in the area to chew some fat, but I'm up to my elbows with buying a new house and selling my old and moving. Once all of this business is squared away I'm down even if it's to just look at maps and shoot the bull. Come spring scouting we should have a gathering too.
Beastintraining

Unread postby Beastintraining » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:07 am

Thanks DeerDylan!

Grasshopper, I am always down some shed hunting and scouting....though Feb-Mar I only can get out on sundays. Understand busy though, I'm finishing all my home projects before my wife gives birth to our first child right after hunting season ends....all about the timing!
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 am

Grasshopper wrote:I would really enjoy getting together with other beasts in the area to chew some fat, but I'm up to my elbows with buying a new house and selling my old and moving. Once all of this business is squared away I'm down even if it's to just look at maps and shoot the bull. Come spring scouting we should have a gathering too.

I'd be into that as well.
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 pm

What part of the state are we talking about? I'm in Crawford county
Joe™
Grasshopper

Unread postby Grasshopper » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:47 pm

I'm in central pa once my life is back to normal I'm okay with traveling for a beast day
Grasshopper

Unread postby Grasshopper » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:59 pm

Beastintraining wrote:Thanks DeerDylan!

Grasshopper, I am always down some shed hunting and scouting....though Feb-Mar I only can get out on sundays. Understand busy though, I'm finishing all my home projects before my wife gives birth to our first child right after hunting season ends....all about the timing!

I made a bet with my wife that I could name our daughter if I had remodeling projects done before she was born. I know that feeling. I pulled an 18 hour labor of installing hardwood floors the Saturday after thanksgiving woke up and drove to Tioga county to hunt first day of rifle and I was soooo dang sore I couldn't stand to sit and couldn't sit to stand. I was worried about how hard financially things would be with a baby I wanted to fill the freezer I ended up shooting a doe. Probably the happiest I ever was to get a doe.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm from Central PA also, Union county here I would be up for a beast day if you all want to to get together...
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.
Beastintraining

Unread postby Beastintraining » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 am

Im down in SEPA but have no problem driving. I do most of my archery hunting here but will go to Lycoming, Clearfield and Elk counties for rifle and turkey.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:44 am

http://www.archeryfestivals.com/

might be a good meeting place
rthunter

Unread postby rthunter » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Hey guys I am very interested in being part of a beastday - I am still pretty new to this stuff and would love to find some like minded hunters to shoot the bull with and wander around the woods looking for deer - I am in SEPA as well (Chester Co.) but willing to drive.
Truth From The Stand
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TruthFromTheStand/

Unread postby Truth From The Stand » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:12 pm

Any Beasts around the Montgomery/Bucks Co. area??
Truth From The Stand Deer Hunting Podcast—http://truthfromthestand.com/

Facebook—https://www.facebook.com/TruthFromTheStand/
Beastintraining

Unread postby Beastintraining » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 am

Truth From The Stand wrote:Any Beasts around the Montgomery/Bucks Co. area??

I am Chester/MontCo area.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”