Multiple beds around parking

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

faraones2112

Multiple beds around parking

Unread postby faraones2112 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:47 pm

The public ground I hunt is very broken up with no real large and remote areas to hunt so I have become obsessed with parking lots and overlooked areas in general. I have noticed on a couple different parking lots a buck has been using two different beds one on each side of the lot. I was out scouting the other day looking at a new lot and busted a buck out about 30 yards from the truck. Ok cool, but I was expecting the bed to be on the other side. Sure enough I check the other side and I find a well used bed right where I figured it would be. Very thick cover on both sides in flat farmland type terrain. This is the second time I have seen a buck use the wind to his advantage smelling the parking lot. I don't hear much talk on parking lots being wind based bedding but I have seen enough to say they will do it if the thick cover is there. Is anyone else seeing the same thing when it comes to parking lots?

tgreeno
500 Club

Re: Multiple beds around parking

Unread postby tgreeno » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Wind based bedding around a parking lot makes perfect sense to me! Especially in thick cover where he can't see very well.

Any place they feel safe and don't get bothered!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid, than to open it an remove all doubt
Tufrthnails
500 Club

Unread postby Tufrthnails » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:18 pm

Seen deer in general do it. I've talked about one of my doe honey holes by a parking lot loaded with white oaks. If the acorns are falling and the wind is right there will be deer bedding in the thick high spot surrounded by water most of the time. I get in early and park a good ways off and walk in from the backside and usually have a doe down by 7am.
Tuf- The below average hunting beast
basspro05
500 Club

Unread postby basspro05 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Are you thinking there back is to the parking lot catching wind or watching with eyes? I know you said it was flat.
Mike32
500 Club

Unread postby Mike32 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:44 am

I've seen some of both, I'm actually waiting for the right wind to hunt a buck that's no more than 100yards from a parking lot.
Hoyt RX7 bow, and exodus broadheads
Beast stand and beast sticks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”