THANK YOU TO DAN AND ALL THE BEASTS OUT THERE!

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

BCR1985

THANK YOU TO DAN AND ALL THE BEASTS OUT THERE!

Unread postby BCR1985 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:14 am

Hi Gang,

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you guys for all of the advice and help from this forum. I have been watching Dan's videos on youtube and reading his articles for several years now, but did not put his hill country tactics into play until last year's post season. (Thanks to Dan's advice on marsh bedding, I was able to take a very nice 9 pointer on public on November 4, 2016. That was also my first sit at that spot following post season scouting.) After having watched Dan's hill country bedding videos (both youtube and dvd's) and reading what you guys were advising on this forum, I finally had the confidence to post season scout in a very rugged piece of state mountain property and set up a stand last early spring on what appeared to be an active bedding area off of a point 1/3 from the top of a ridge along a military crest. I set this stand up in April 2017 and did not return until this weekend October 27, 2017. (Just like the public 9 pointer in the marsh last November, this was my first sit in this spot since I had scouted it in April.) I waited for what I'd hoped for the right wind conditions (leeward side) and got in early. Not ten minutes after legal shooting light, I had a beautiful 9 pointer walk right under my stand and was able to kill him within 20 yards. To date, this is my second public land 9 pointer that I attribute solely to Dan and you Beasts in less than 2 years. One was public marsh and the other was public hill country. Thanks to you guys, I now feel like I finally know how to attack a piece of property with a real game plan and consistently see and kill good deer. I cannot say enough about the videos that Dan has been putting out over the years and without them there's no way i'd be seeing the kind of action I've seen on public land. Based on what Dan and you guys have written about, I'm starting to learn what to look for and what to not pay attention to. It's great to have a concrete formula that you can apply no matter what every time you look at a property in search of a trophy buck. This forum and Dan's advice really have given me an edge in the public deer woods I never even thought existed! Thank you! Thank you ! Thank you! (I will try and post a picture of this latest 9 pointer on here asap.) And if you haven't already, get Dan's hill country bedding video and follow his advice! It really works! I'm so excited to get back out there again and see what walks by on my next sit this November!!

Good luck everyone and Happy Halloween!

Ed

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”