What hunting media do you watch? (Aside from THB ofcourse)

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WMA hunter

What hunting media do you watch? (Aside from THB ofcourse)

Unread postby WMA hunter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:12 pm

My favorite are the public land vlog formats. I check multiple times a day to see if Aaron and Zack have posted a new video on the Hunting Public. That is far and away my current favorite show on TV. I also watch Brunk outdoors. I wish there was a quality vlog that was in my region but those satisfy my daily needs... what are you guys watching?

Buckshot20
500 Club

Re: What hunting media do you watch? (Aside from THB ofcourse)

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:15 pm

At this point in my life the beast is my escape from Disney Jr. I had to make an appointment to watch the recent hill bedding video. Lol
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Buckshot20 wrote:At this point in my life the beast is my escape from Disney Jr. I had to make an appointment to watch the recent hill bedding video. Lol

Amen to that. I love my son but man its sad i have every disney shows theme song memorized
Buckshot20
500 Club

Unread postby Buckshot20 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 pm

brkissl82 wrote:
Buckshot20 wrote:At this point in my life the beast is my escape from Disney Jr. I had to make an appointment to watch the recent hill bedding video. Lol

Amen to that. I love my son but man its sad i have every disney shows theme song memorized

I wouldn't trade it, but man I've seen a few shows get retired over my tenure. 3 boys. 6,5, and 2 so I'm locked in right now.
Jhand
500 Club
Facebook: n/a

Unread postby Jhand » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:26 pm

I rarely watch any kind of hunting videos about the only time I do is if it's one of the guys on here. BehindTheBow last video I thought was awesome, really showed the commitment and struggles of public land hunting.
brkissl82
500 Club

Unread postby brkissl82 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:41 pm

Buckshot20 wrote:
brkissl82 wrote:

I wouldn't trade it, but man I've seen a few shows get retired over my tenure. 3 boys. 6,5, and 2 so I'm locked in right now.

Me either man, my 10 month old sure is a handful but he is my best buddy already. My wife and i tried to have kids for 2yrs and my wife went thru numerous surgeries and finally after ivf we had our son. Like i said hes 10months and when i ask him where the deer are he walks to the window points and says dada deer. Awesome feelin

Ps sorry if i derailed the topic
WMA hunter

Unread postby WMA hunter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:42 pm

BTB is awesome... especially the long format "movie". I haven't seen much recently though. I watched about 4 hours of hushin last night and it was also very good but I don't have elk in bama unfortunately. As for Disney movies... Moana is played on repeat for months now.
SEMObowhunter

Unread postby SEMObowhunter » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:36 pm

I’m the same way. I don’t watch much on tv. If I do, it’s randy newberg or meat eater. Someone that’s hunting public land. I do watch The Hunting Morning Public and anything public land related in YouTube, as well as anything on here. I’m out on food plots, box blinds, and rattling in September while wearing scentlox head to toe and even chewing scent killer gum. I’m not bashing anyone who is but it’s just not my thing.
vovamir

Unread postby vovamir » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:11 pm

BTB is definitely top notch. Based off his insta I can't wait to see what they come up with this year.

Anything Dan throws up is obviously queued up right away. Remi Warren in Solo Hunter and most of Steven Rinellas stuff is also entertaining to watch.
hunter_mike

Unread postby hunter_mike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:39 am

Midwest whitetail, behind the bow and anything that looks interesting on youtube. Some beast members update youtube every now and then
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Jonny
500 Club

Unread postby Jonny » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:00 am

Pretty much everything that is covered already. Really enjoy the stuff Czabs puts out. The guy is an artist with the camera and film editing. Bowhunter15 (DIY Sportsman) is great for gear stuff. Dan as usual, Aaron on the Hunting Public is good.

I do watch some of the outdoor channels. As long as you sort out the colossal sized piles of bs, every now and again, you learn something. Plus I enjoy watching kill shots at different angles, and seeing how they each go into that kill mode. Sometimes the stuff they do bothers me, but then I realize that I probably would act the same if I put down multiple big bucks each year, and got paid to do so. I ignore a lot of the advertisements but sometimes they advertise pretty cool stuff you don't see on every other show.

Oh and I also have a lot of disney songs memorized. No kids, but I am still a kid at heart :mrgreen:

Moana is actually a pretty good movie as well
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:09 am

I generally don't watch the hunting shows on tv, but I occasionally stop on one while flipping through the channels. Can't say I have a fav they all seem pretty much the same. However, I'm hooked on Major League fishing I love that show.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:09 am

Whitetail adrenaline.

Behind the bow

Chase nation

Honestly I don’t keep up with anything during hunting season. I usually binge in the off-season.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
elk yinzer
500 Club

Unread postby elk yinzer » Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:12 am

The Hunting Public is killing it with their straightforward, informational format. It's like a big middle finger to that sponsor-centric nonsense and I really hope it stays that way. I like Behind the Bow too. DIY Sportsman's gear stuff is tremendous.

Local stuff I tune into. Leatherwood Outdoors, some good old yinzers hunt pretty close to where I grew up hunting. Wild at Heart same deal, plus they have great production quality. Sean's Outdoors, if you can sort through the fluff and find actual hunting videos, again just a local dude, I've recognized landmarks in his videos.

Born and Raised, a couple other Western ones when I am in elk mode.

Rinella is really the only national TV guy I'll watch. Maybe a Heartland Bowhunter once in awhile.

Like others, mostly during the Winter/Summer off periods. Fall and Spring I am either either hunting or fishing during non-work and family time.
Treasurer, United Bowhunters of PA
https://ubofpa.org/membership-3
wihunter

Unread postby wihunter » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:58 pm

I make sure to check to see if hunting public has a new video out. Really liking what they are doing and surprised by the quality of videos without the "brought to you by..." ads. I've rewatched DIY sportsman vids several times. (my brain doesn't get the cobra weave)

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”