Bad start to season

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

utstrat03
Facebook: adam.holt.3386

Bad start to season

Unread postby utstrat03 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:20 am

I found a nice spot last year looking at average wind stats online then comparing with hill / ridgelines that were not horrible to get to in east tn. I got a good 6 point buck sitting on a bench between the hills prerut last season. When I got the buck a good 10 point was out of range (using crossbow). So my goal was to go back this year and get him. I scouted the area spring / summer and there was alot of sign. Went once back in Sept and just last weekend. I didn't see anything. No does no bucks no sign. After talking with the wildlife officials there was problem with blue tongue in that area. I found another ok spot on public that is on a peninsula. It has two ridgelines running in almost parrel. It looks like the wind tomorrow will be coming out of the northwest and the western ridgeline does not have many points on the south face. The eastern ridgeline does have points. I am going in blind tomorrow my gut tells me to hunt the eastern ridgeline but the western ridgeline is further to walk to. The attached pic shows this with a marker for the parking. There isn't any other parking. There are cut trails on the top and bottom of eastern ridgeline. There is a cut trail on the bottom of the western ridgeline. The pennisula is about 2 miles long. Thanks for any help.

https://flic.kr/p/Zwhufp

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Bad start to season

Unread postby dan » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:50 am

Looks like the ridge farthest East has a lot of draws and knobs laid out perfect for a buck to bed there on a N/W wind. One would need to be careful on approach to not get smelled.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”