Back Country Hunters and Anglers Rendezvous

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mparsley

Back Country Hunters and Anglers Rendezvous

Unread postby mparsley » Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:14 pm

My wife got me a ticket to the BHA Rendezvous in Boise, Idaho this year in April.

Is anyone on here going?
I am pretty excited about this but won't have anyone going with me and would like to at least know there would be someone to hang with while there.

sureshotscott
500 Club

Re: Back Country Hunters and Anglers Rendezvous

Unread postby sureshotscott » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:10 pm

I'm not going, but interested in hearing how it goes. I'm very skeptical of BHA because their head honcho has been a vocal Obama fan and authored this pile of crap

http://billingsgazette.com/news/opinion ... 122c0.html

(that link is tough to read if you're running an adblocker)

and when Obama banned lead fishing tackle and ammunition on federal lands they didn't say anything.

So I would not be surprised if this "rendezvous" was very political. Please let us know how it goes.
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:53 pm

To far away for me. But I wouldn’t get discouraged if u can’t find anyone to meet up with. All the rendezvous I have ever seen are some of the most helpful friendly people u will ever come across. Never heard of the BHA but sounds like u might wanna wear a make America great again t-shirt just Incase.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Emrah

Unread postby Emrah » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:06 am

The notion that BHA is a "green decoy" (a leftist organization masquerading as a hunting group) has been discredited. Their legitimacy is proven beyond a doubt. BHA is legit. They are the fastest growing pro-public land hunting organization and have expanded exponentially in size, doubling or tripling in size every year.

With the exception of RMEF, BHA is absolutely THE pro hunting and public land advocacy group out their and they are vocal. They are not left or right; they are pro public lands. That's it. Like most sportsmen, I'm caught in the middle politically: the Dems want to take your guns and the Republicans want to sell off your land. I fight vehemently against ALL of them.

Let's put it this way, I've even told the pestering NRA telemarketers they won't see another cent from me (been a member for years) until the NRA speaks up in defense of public lands and uses their influential voice to squash public land transfers.

I used to subscribe to many magazines and support many outdoor groups. The ONLY ones who get my money now are Traditional Bowhunter magazine and BHA.

Emrah
fulldraw1979

Unread postby fulldraw1979 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:19 am

mparsley wrote:My wife got me a ticket to the BHA Rendezvous in Boise, Idaho this year in April.

Is anyone on here going?
I am pretty excited about this but won't have anyone going with me and would like to at least know there would be someone to hang with while there.

That’s an awesome gift! I just joined BHA and plan on attending one of these years.
“Nothing in this world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty.”
- Theodore Roosevelt
Bigburner

Unread postby Bigburner » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm

I joined not to long ago. They have shut down legislation to limit public access many times and due to the recent political climate that may be the only resource we have in a dwindling demographic. If they are going to represent themselves as a group of public land hunters and anglers and legitimately have my back than I’m all for it. Never know when it may effect all of us. It was worth the $25 bucks.
Have fun in Boise. Cool town. Actually not too much of Idaho I don’t like.
Montani Semper Liberi
Instagram @formationoutdoors
dubbs

Unread postby dubbs » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:26 am

Emrah wrote:With the exception of RMEF, BHA is absolutely THE pro hunting and public land advocacy group out their and they are vocal. They are not left or right; they are pro public lands. That's it. Like most sportsmen, I'm caught in the middle politically: the Dems want to take your guns and the Republicans want to sell off your land. I fight vehemently against ALL of them.

Emrah

Perfectly said Emrah. The BHA people were on a Meateater podcast that I listened to recently, and they are doing a lot of good work.
PK_
500 Club

Unread postby PK_ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:13 am

I wish I could go. They seem like an incredible group.
No Shortcuts. No Excuses. No Regrets.
Everybody's selling dreams. I'm too cheap to buy one.
Rich M wrote:Typically, hunting FL has been like getting a root canal
jwilkstn
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jason.wilkerson.71

Unread postby jwilkstn » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Emrah wrote:The notion that BHA is a "green decoy" (a leftist organization masquerading as a hunting group) has been discredited. Their legitimacy is proven beyond a doubt. BHA is legit. They are the fastest growing pro-public land hunting organization and have expanded exponentially in size, doubling or tripling in size every year.

With the exception of RMEF, BHA is absolutely THE pro hunting and public land advocacy group out their and they are vocal. They are not left or right; they are pro public lands. That's it. Like most sportsmen, I'm caught in the middle politically: the Dems want to take your guns and the Republicans want to sell off your land. I fight vehemently against ALL of them.

Let's put it this way, I've even told the pestering NRA telemarketers they won't see another cent from me (been a member for years) until the NRA speaks up in defense of public lands and uses their influential voice to squash public land transfers.

I used to subscribe to many magazines and support many outdoor groups. The ONLY ones who get my money now are Traditional Bowhunter magazine and BHA.

Emrah

Exactly this. Except I support other conservation groups as well...

I've been an active member of BHA for almost 3 years now. The most hardcore diy people you'll find anywhere.

I wish I could justify the expense of traveling to this, as I'd be there in a heartbeat if I could!
Not all those who wander are lost...
sureshotscott
500 Club

Unread postby sureshotscott » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:42 am

So according to BHA advocates the rendezvous was filled with great seminars and trainings and so-forth. Can anyone tell us what was learned?
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:49 pm

sureshotscott wrote:So according to BHA advocates the rendezvous was filled with great seminars and trainings and so-forth. Can anyone tell us what was learned?

Haven't watched this but see it keep popping up on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDZDHucub_4
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
d_rek

Unread postby d_rek » Sat May 05, 2018 6:04 am

Didn't goto the Rendevouz but became a member this year. The guys running the Michigan chapter are doing a great job of keeping me upto date on state and federal politics for public land. I've met both Drew Youngdyke and Jason Meekoff and they are stand up guys. BHA is a very legit org. and i am definitely happy to be a member.
"I don't know what the f*** this is but it's weird as f*** so i'm leaving."
-The Deep

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”