Sheds, Deadheads and Weed

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Re: Sheds, Deadheads and Weed

Postby Dewey » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:43 pm

KLEMZ wrote:I have found two grow operations on SE Wisconsin public land. Amazingly, both were in mature buck bedding areas! I have not hunted either of these areas because I hunt to enjoy myself (not worry about being whacked). But I do chuckle sometimes when scouting, as I joke to myself, "if I were a pothead, where would I grow?" This seems to lead me to mature buck hidey holes!! Go where people don't go!

I was gonna say think like a pothead but then it dawned on me that would mean I wouldn’t even have the ambition to get out and find the buck beds. I just would stay home, listen to the Grateful Dead and toke some more herb while thinking about how I’m being hassled by the man. :lol:

wolverinebuckman

Postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:15 am

Dewey wrote:
KLEMZ wrote:I have found two grow operations on SE Wisconsin public land. Amazingly, both were in mature buck bedding areas! I have not hunted either of these areas because I hunt to enjoy myself (not worry about being whacked). But I do chuckle sometimes when scouting, as I joke to myself, "if I were a pothead, where would I grow?" This seems to lead me to mature buck hidey holes!! Go where people don't go!

I was gonna say think like a pothead but then it dawned on me that would mean I wouldn’t even have the ambition to get out and find the buck beds. I just would stay home, listen to the Grateful Dead and toke some more herb while thinking about how I’m being hassled by the man. :lol:

Hahaha...I got in three miles of scouting yesterday. And I don't like the Dead. Got to move past the stereotypes, Dewey! :lol:
Seriously though, that herb is what gets guys like me who limp from bad joints up, out and moving. I've had to give up all athletics because of my knees, and I won't do pills, so if I'm going to hunt (especially Beast style), it's God's created goodness or nothing. Nothing puts me on the couch during scouting season and in a close stand to the road to hunt :snooty: ... i would just give up hunting.
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
UofLbowhunter
500 Club

Postby UofLbowhunter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:00 am

I wouldnt worry about it will be legal in all states before to long :D
Bucks,ducks, turkeys,and bass!
Killtree

Postby Killtree » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:27 am

Get rid of the weed and the deer may leave :shock:
:violence-bowandarrow:
flinginairos
500 Club

Postby flinginairos » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:47 am

Pretty sure the thicket I killed my Ohio buck from was used to grow this past summer. They had a nice trail cut back to it that dead ended right where it got thick. Got pics of a guy walking in with a hood over his head but he must have circled the cam because I never got him coming back. Funny thing is, it didn't slow the deer down one bit. I had a pic of the guy then our #1 buck the next day and I killed my buck a few days after that. We leased the place in Sept and i'm thinking he was just getting his stuff out of there when we moved in. Hope so at least :lol:

Return to “Public Land Hunting”